Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Pioneer AVIC-N1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer AVIC-N1

As soon as this comes out, I will be replacing my old Pioneer DVD entertainment head unit with this new one. This unit can measure your lateral g-force, along with rear view camera hook ups, navigation, MP3's, DVD's and measure your cars performance.
Here is the site for info. http://www.avic-n1.com/

198446-pioneer.jpg

Old 02-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Re: Pioneer AVIC-N1

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. This is a single din unit that holds only one disc at a time. So, it goees something lke this: I get in the car, plug in the nav cd, plug in where I'm going, then take that out, plug in the audio cd, dirve around listening to my music, wanna go somehere else, eject the audio cd, plug in the nav cd, input where I wanna go, eject that, again cd ..... Isn't this kind of a hassle? Wouldn't it be more reasonable to have a dedicated nav-rom and one dedicated to the audio?

DP G35 coupe/ AT / Prem graphite / Sport / Aero / Titanium 19 tint / 5 wire hyper-ground kit
San Diego, CA

Old 02-29-2004, 06:48 PM

The only time you need the Nav disc is when you want to create a new area or route. The area or route you select is stored into memory. Another option is to buy the 6 disc DVD changer and just leave the Nav disc in the slot.

198637-tv.jpg

Old 03-01-2004, 09:57 AM

Can you tell me if this unit has an RGB output so you can have a second screen displying the nav display? I'm looking for a nav unit for a large truck, that is so wide, the driver and front seat passenger can not use/see the same screen. The older Pioneer nav systems allowed you to use a RBG splitter from the nav DVD unit.

04 G35s 6MT BS Aero Kit/Nav/Prem
Warning: Objects in Mirror Are Losing!

Old 03-01-2004, 02:43 PM

Big down side to this is no touchscreen. Remotes suck.

Old 03-01-2004, 03:38 PM

wut are you talking about? it is touchscreen...read the online brochure

Old 03-01-2004, 08:30 PM

Woops it is touchscreen. Me failed english.

Old 03-02-2004, 12:58 AM

Wait till the new Alpines and Kenwoods come out...AVIC-N1 wont hang with them...the only thing that might single out the alpine from the other two is the G-Force feature...WOW big deal...the Alpine will have a screen resolution that is 4 times sharper and better than the Pioneer(the same one thats in the current IVA-D900)...If I want quality I turn to Alpine or Kenwood..If I want something kiddy I turn to Pioneer!! I have buddies who work in the car audio industry and they sell all 3 of these brand along with a few dozen others...they say that Pioneer are by far the most to come back for repairs..and the Alpines are about 1 out 1000 roughly....The Alpine and Kenwoods should be out very soon..I'd wait and check the reviews...The Kenwood is the KVT-915 DVD and the Alpine model number I dont know off the top of my head..Enjoy!

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 03-02-2004, 11:05 PM

Do you know if the alpines or kenwoods will be able to play DVD-R or DVD+R? cuz the pioneers can i know that

Old 03-03-2004, 06:30 AM

I have never had to send in my Pioneer stereos. The Pioneer DVD player I have now was the only one to have a center channel speaker to complete the 5.1 dolby digital surround at the time I bought it years ago. I looked at Alpine and Kenwood and at the time they seemed to be behind the times. Yes, mine does play DVD-r and rw's. I am an XM radio fan and hated Sirius which Kenwood has, so I counted them out.

Old 03-03-2004, 02:52 PM

i have the alpine dva 7996 and it does play dvd-r or +r. i was able to play my backup movie on it.

now the only problem is when i have mp3 and want to burn to dvd. I've burn about 3.5 gig of mp3 on the dvd-+r. The unit can only play up to approx 700 meg. the rest of mp3, it doesn't see it.

I used pioneer elite car stereo before and love it. Now all of the pioneer HU come with built in amp. I stay away from HU with amp built in.

Also i do agree with one of the member saying about alpine lcd screen. I've look at all brands when i purchase my 6.5 lcd screen. the best one was alpine. none even come close to it. Then again, the price also pretty expensive too.

I also agree that alpine is a bit slow when come out with new technology. But one thing for sure, they make a solid product. When come to defect, i never have problem with alpine or pioneer but i do have problem with kendwood.
g35mt

Old 03-05-2004, 05:00 AM

anyone got pics of the new alpine player coming out?

Old 03-05-2004, 01:46 PM

Not sure if this is the new model, but crutchfield lists it as "new" and "out of stock". The model number (IVA-D901) is only 1 digit higher than the previous model (IVA-D900). Alpine doesn't even list this on their website either.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ki7htmD...=0&cc=01&avf=N

2004 G35C 6MT DG/G | Premium | Alum Pedals |Huper Optik 30/40/50 | Z-Tube | K&N Drop-In | Grounding Kit

Old 03-05-2004, 08:44 PM

Yup, that is one of Alpines newest in dash dvd/lcd screens. However the only change is a silver bezel instead of the black on the IVA-D900. The reason why its out of stock is because alpine hasnt even sent the first batch out yet. However they are launching two new models due out on the same day March 25th. One will have the pulse touch touchscreen ( which i mentioned earlier about touching the screen and feeling like your pushing a button) along with an array of new features. And the other will be an affordable in dash dvd/cd/fm/am/tv/xm etc. player.. i believe one of the new alpine model numbers will be the IVA-D300. Alpine may be a little slow on coming out with new things, but I agree with the other member, they are slow for a reason, because they perfect everything before they release it to the public. With alpine its always a solid product. And as for this new lineup they are offering new features that no other manufacturers are offering so far, so you could say that they are ahead. As for the G-Force thing that Pioneer offers, im sure alpine isnt offering it because they dont see it as a feature the general public cares about, and who knows if the features is in high demand they will perfect it and add it to there lineup! Enjoy, there are many choices these days, hope this threat helps.

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 03-05-2004, 10:42 PM

Does that new Alpine player have NAV.
i thought that was the whole hoopla about the pioneer avic1,
that it did dvd/nav/mp3/etc... all in one unit
let me know thanks
peace
sam

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC-N1