Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Tape deck Ipod hookup, install to hide wire????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:48 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Brakes Tape deck Ipod hookup, install to hide wire????

I have an 03 coupe with bose that still has the cassette deck that the 05+'s lost, I have a tape deck ipod hookup but I want to install the wire underneath the face of the stereo and have to come out near my knee like an aftermarket Ipod hookup.

Is there a way to remove the face plate from the stereo easily without completely taking the stereo apart. I know how to remove the lower center console part and there were several screws. Im just wondering if anyone has some insight on this before I go to town on it. thanks

Old 01-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will need to pull the entire head unit and AC controls out to remove the face.

There are several DIY writeups to do so. You should definitely do it. After you remove your head unit, throw that cassette adapter in the trash, buy a PAC aux input module that will hook up to your sat connection, and enjoy your ipod.

Hurry before God kills another kitten.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
You will need to pull the entire head unit and AC controls out to remove the face.

There are several DIY writeups to do so. You should definitely do it. After you remove your head unit, throw that cassette adapter in the trash, buy a PAC aux input module that will hook up to your sat connection, and enjoy your ipod.

Hurry before God kills another kitten.

ah another kitten to be sacrificed.....

BTW, what is a cassette tape....

doc

Old 01-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
No need to go that extreme. I have the same thing...

Put the tape in the tape deck. Wedge the audio cable down between the tape deck and the head unit. Take off the center console that's around the shifter. Run the wire and pull it up where the cup holders are.

No wire to see, minus maybe the 3 inches you need to have it reach the top of the IPod from the cup holder.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by 98intrigue
No need to go that extreme. I have the same thing...

Put the tape in the tape deck. Wedge the audio cable down between the tape deck and the head unit. Take off the center console that's around the shifter. Run the wire and pull it up where the cup holders are.

No wire to see, minus maybe the 3 inches you need to have it reach the top of the IPod from the cup holder.
Thanks man, thats exactly what I want to do. So did you remove the Bouse unit and place the wire between the "outer face" of the center console and the bose unit? Send me a pic and it will help me out alot. thanks

Old 01-07-2008, 08:03 PM
bump