Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

looking for Valentine one

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for Valentine one

anyone selling one? the cheaper the better obviously. anyone recommend a web site? im not into paying 3 bills for one. is there a hook up anywhere? thanks RX

Laser Red, Willow, 6MT, Premium sport package, Clear markers w/ hid bulbs, Sprint springs, Platinum 20% mirror tint.

Old 03-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Re: looking for Valentine one

Actually, its 4 bills...but anyway, the only way to get it is directly from Valentine. If you dont want to pay that much....and still want good radar safety...get the Passport 8500....it is almost like the V1....but for 260 or so dollars....however....the V1 points in the DIRECTION of the signal...4 bills well worth it to be saved imo....and believe me...it saves alright....

Ivory Pearl Coupe/5AT/Aeros/Premium/Nav/Type-N Front Bumper/Z-Tube+Popcharger/V1

Old 03-09-2004, 11:17 PM

Search on eBay.com. They have tons of units for sale on there. BUT, make sure that you get the serial number from any unit you're looking at, go to www.valentine1.com, and type it into the box on the "Upgrades" page to make sure it's the latest version of the software (cause if it's not, it's near $200 to get it updated). Also, keep in mind that the V1 has a 1-year warranty, but it is non-transferable, so you won't have any warranty even if it's less than a year old. Also, just make sure you see pictures of it, of the front and rear covers for the radar receivers (to ensure they're not scratched up). Make sure it comes with everything that a new V1 comes with, and don't forget to ask why they're selling it. Just a few things to keep in mind...hope that helps!

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT Black/Willow
- Texas Tech Mechanical Engineering -
- Texas Tech Advanced Vehicle Engineering -

Old 03-09-2004, 11:42 PM

ebay would be the only other place besides directly from valentine. however, they might not have the latest version. i just bought mine about a month ago, it's awesome. some people say having a direction arrow for the back is useless because you can see a cop coming from behind you. but, i think it's important, especially at night, cuz you can't tell cops that well at night. plus, i have my windows tinted, so if i hear a strong Ka or K band, down go the front windows. imo worth the extra money over the passport 8500.

2003 G35 Sedan
{21%_Tints} {Matte_Finish_Race_Pedals} {Black_w/Graphite_Leather} {Premium_Pkg.} {Sport_Tuned} {Winter-Sport} {Navigation} {Xenon} {Sunroof} {Aero-Body_Kit_w/Spoiler} {Trunk_Mat}

Old 03-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Call Valentine and ask for a 'Vacation' model. Those are V1s that are bought, used for a short trip and then returned.

There is nothing wrong with vacation models. Although, I bought a new one myself.

Old 03-10-2004, 05:32 PM

Can you really do that? Buy 'vacation' models? How much are they?

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT Black/Willow
- Texas Tech Mechanical Engineering -
- Texas Tech Advanced Vehicle Engineering -

Old 03-11-2004, 11:31 AM

Seriously, shell out the bucks for a V1. Vacation model or New, get a V1. My V1 has probably saved my butt 5 times since January. I honestly trust it now. I was running on I-95 near Fredericksburg VA with a guy in an Eclipse at 2 am, and My V1 started screaming. I backed off, and the guy in the Eclipse thought he won something, and gunned it, and then tapped his brake lights at me, only to suddenly get nailed by the trooper in the median. Better him than me!

G35 Coupe, 6MT, DG, Prem.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:42 AM

Yeah the detector detectors in VA dont work for the V-1 either and you can drive right by with it in your window and the can do nothing if you aren't observed breaking the law...

Old 03-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Be careful about the new Spectre System. The V-1 is invisible to the older VG-2, but they're still working on the Spectre for the new upgrade.

<font color=blue>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>