Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Infinity Kappa Speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infinity Kappa Speakers

I want to upgrade my interior speakers because I have a aftermarket DD. Stock speakers are distorted. I have the stock bose system. So I know I need 2 ohm speakers for front and rear. So do i get INFINITY KAPPA 60.7cs 6.5" component set for the front and for the rear just 3 way INFINITY KAPPA 6.5" speakers with tweeters built in? What is everyone getting 2 way or 3 way for rear doors? I dont get another component set because I dont have a tweeter slot. Is this all just a direct replacement if I take off the door panels? Do I have to adjust the crossovers and turn up gains and so on? I am not good with that, I know how to do a direct swap. Are these speakers much better than my stock bose system speakers? Who has done this upgrade and kept the stock bose amp with aftermarket HU?

Last edited by blownvert; 01-30-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:35 AM
bump

Old 02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
I use INFINITY KAPPA 60.7cs to replace my front woofers and tweeters. Its a direct speaker replacement, so u can use the existing bose amp and wires. Just plugin the new speakers and u are done. I didnt replace the back speakers and I think replacing the front is good enough. You can replace the back if you want as its not going to be that difficult once u know how to install the fronts. I recommend adding subwoofer with amp after you swap the speakers.

So what you need to get:
1. INFINITY KAPPA 60.7cs
2. speaker Spacer from ebay (search for infinity g35 spacer)

Instructions:
Door panel removal:
http://www.thegsquad.org/DIYS/SQUAD%...20%20FRAME.htm

Good luck!

Old 02-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I'm looking to do the same thing. Was there a huge sound difference without swapping out the orig amp?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:10 PM
the kappa will sound better compared to stock bose. It comes with crossover and you can set the gain. The gain on the treble is noticable. Kappa is not the best aftermarket speaker there is, so it wont sound as good as a properly setup aftemarket speakers with headunit+amp combo. What will make it sound good is that if you were add sub to compensate the lack of bass for bose. The Kappa and sub+amp upgrade is the most cost effective upgrade u can get. Search for adding a sub that someone posted awhile back in this forum.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:59 PM
I mean i want to keep my stock 8" sub. Im am not looking for tremedous bass. I dont really know if there were be a huge upgrade, since im keeping my stock bose amp. I have a aftermarket DD. The speakers are not that bad. If I swapped out my fronts, I would swap out rears. I dont even know how to adjust a crossover if I was going to install it. Why cant I just install it and let it be. I mean i messed around with my HU equalizer and made it sound nice. If I get rear speakers, what kappa 6.5" coaxials do i get? When swapping the new speakers, is it plug and play or do i have to solder the wires to new speakers?

Last edited by blownvert; 02-06-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:01 PM
btw thats a nice speaker write up link to follow for my sedan if I decide to do it. Thanks

Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
to install kappa, u will need to solder or crimp the wires. u will need to find the cables before it split to tweeter and woofer for door speakers.
So, speaker wires before split goes to crossover, then crossover will have wires going to woofer and tweeter. The crossover only have 3db gain adjustment (on/off). Good luck.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by tbg35c
to install kappa, u will need to solder or crimp the wires. u will need to find the cables before it split to tweeter and woofer for door speakers.
So, speaker wires before split goes to crossover, then crossover will have wires going to woofer and tweeter. The crossover only have 3db gain adjustment (on/off). Good luck.
So I have to buy those little things to connect the wires. I also have no idea where is what because i never looked behind the door panel yet. Why cant I just plug in the existing wires to the new speaker. Its not same size?

Old 02-07-2008, 01:07 AM
The original bose speakers are connected through a harness. This harness is not compatible with the Kappa. Its best to crimp/connect the wires directly to crossover then to kappa so that the crossover can decide which signals go to woofer and which to tweeters.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:26 AM
The original bose speakers are connected through a harness. This harness is not compatible with the Kappa. Its best to crimp/connect the wires directly to crossover then to kappa so that the crossover can decide which signals go to woofer and which to tweeters.
So I cut the wires from the bose harness and crimp wires? Now What connectors do I put on them. I am trying to look for visual pictures on what all this looks like. How do I put wires to the crossover. Then the wires from crossover to speakers? What are the connectors and do i need a crimping tool or can i use a wrench?

Old 02-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Its going to look like this:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ight=crossover

Solder is recommended (u will need to strip the wire and then solder).

Old 02-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Its going to look like this:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ight=crossover

Solder is recommended (u will need to strip the wire and then solder).
so im not cutting the harness off. What did he use to put the crossover against door?

Old 02-07-2008, 06:28 PM
I used bunch of 3M double sided tapes. Seems to hold up just fine so far.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I use INFINITY KAPPA 60.7cs to replace my front woofers and tweeters. Its a direct speaker replacement, so u can use the existing bose amp and wires. Just plugin the new speakers and u are done. I didnt replace the back speakers and I think replacing the front is good enough. You can replace the back if you want as its not going to be that difficult once u know how to install the fronts. I recommend adding subwoofer with amp after you swap the speakers.

So what you need to get:
1. INFINITY KAPPA 60.7cs
2. speaker Spacer from ebay (search for infinity g35 spacer)

Instructions:
Door panel removal:
http://www.thegsquad.org/DIYS/SQUAD%...20%20FRAME.htm

Good luck!
Great write up, very helpful.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infinity Kappa Speakers