Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy problem...

i have a 03 coupe...and the other day i had to get a jump start from my buddy.after the the radio went dead and the ac keeps acting up on its own
I.E the temp goes up and down and i cant control anything... can someone please help!!

Old 02-15-2008, 08:22 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Is the battery fried

Old 02-15-2008, 08:46 AM
i mean the car starts and everything...im a super newb...

Old 02-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Angry same thing with the g35 sedan... '03

Hi there,

I have a similar problem .. and after checking the board here didnt see anyone else having this problem. Maybe everyone else here has newer models...

My center console went inoperative all of the sudden. I went to a meeting, parked and when I came back all the buttons in the center console, including radio and AC, were not working. And on top of that, the AC goes on automatically, and because the buttons are dead, I cant turn it off, or even change the temperature on it. https://g35driver.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

I read in other boards, I dont know if i'm allowed to post links to other boards, that popped from a Google search - that sometimes removing the fuses and putting it back will reset it and others claim that unhooking the battery for a few minutes and hooking it back will reset it and be back to normal. Others said that all you need is the head unit replaced. https://g35driver.com/forums/images/smilies/dunno.gif

I tried the fuse thing, all my fuses are good, and that didnt work. Tho the temperature actually went up to 75 degrees. Which is not too bad for now - but it is affecting my gasoline use.

I'm going to be trying unhooking the battery today and see if that fixes the problem - although, I would really like to hear what the dealer has to say about that - apparently it's a known issues for '03 G35's. I have placed a called to my dealer and I have yet to receive an reply on the issue. I'll keep you guys posted on that.

If you want to read more about it, here's the post: http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=39675 or you can Google it like I did - and that's usually the first link that pops up.

If anyone here has had that issue, and may have more details or better advise - please reply.

Hope that helps as well.

Best,
Angel.https://g35driver.com/forums/images/smilies/2.gif

Old 02-15-2008, 11:24 PM
that is the same problem i have my temp is at 75 degrees and i cant control it i took it to the shop and they said all my fuses are good and i called my dealer and they said i might have to get a new head unit wich is 580...so im gonna try to do the unhooking the battery and ill repost

Old 02-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You guys haven't searched enough because this is a very common problem and means the circuit board that controls both the radio and the AC has shorted out. It happened to my sedan the same way.

The only solution is to have that circuit board replaced. If your car is under warranty, the replacement will be covered under that. If you are out of warranty, search for a used radio of the same type (you can't mix bose and non-bose), spend a lot of money at the dealer to have it replaced, or think about installing a new radio and AC controller with a double DIN kit.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Thumbs up Update - 02-16-08

so yesterday I got around unhooking the battery for a couple of minutes... maybe 5 or 10 mins... and once I hooked it back on ... All was back to normal, except for the fact that the radio stations had to be programmed again.

Let's hope that's a permanent fix. I would hate to replace my Bose system just for that... plus that wouldn't be cheap.

Also, yesterday, I did a lot of research on this issue and apparently this was a common issue addressed by Infiniti and there was a "VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN 2003 INFINITI G35 SEDAN; AUDIO FINISHER CIRCUIT BOARD" and you can call your dealer or any Infiniti dealer to check to see if your car falls under this. (They'll ask for your vin #).

But again, a "temp" fix would be unhooking the battery for a couple of minutes and that should do the trick. Hoping that's a perm fix. At least that did it for my car.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Old 02-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You are lucky. Your problem was apparently something else then. Hopefully it won't return for you.

The service campaign covers some early VINs, but it yors falls into that range take advantage of it and have that board replaced.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Yeah, well that's what I was hoping for ... but mine didn't actually fall under that, so my last resort was unhooking the battery and I'm really glad that worked.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:04 PM
well mine doesnt fall under warranty either...and they told me to get a new radio its gonna cost me 580...so i was think just getting a aftermarket head unit...would that fix the problem??

Old 02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
After I read the OP I was thinking of the Radio/AC circuit board as well. Glad someone found the recall notice. Since the DD Radio/AC board does not have the OEM satellite controls, you are forced to either dealing with the dealership or getting a DD kit from Grubbs and shopping for a new HU.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:42 PM
so raskizzo1, I'm assuming you tried the battery thing and that didnt work? and I had my CD Changer unit replaced and the bill came out to be $600 + ... thankfully I do have extended warranty and it was cover under that - as it would probably be the Head Unit if it came down to replacing it... but for now I'm just going to wait till it acts up again. I hate going into the dealer - they lag and charge like crazy monkeys!