Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Help With Aftermarket speaker components...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2008 | 09:50 PM
|
sorry for the noob questions. and thanks for the help, i really needed it!! if i was to want focals speakers? would i have to have a bigger amp to power them. i have 500/1 for 10w7 and 300/4 for my diamond audio components right now, but i blown one of my speakers. i think i really have my mind set on focals speakers because i heard they are one the best ones. but i dont know much about them. thanks in advance ENVIED G35!!!

Old 02-27-2008 | 12:57 AM
If you were going to go with the focals, ide have a bit more power for them. FOr mine, even with fully deadened doors and 150 clean watts, the midbass jus wasnt as punchy as ide like. Im going with the CDT audios just because i want something different. Focals are nice speakers, dont get me wrong. But i think that with the power that you have, and the somewhat conservative system you are looking for, there are plentyyyy other options out there. A friend of mine had the polyglass series and they sounded great with moderate power. What type of music do you listen to? If you listen to a lot of techno, rock, then the focals may not be the best choice due to what i feel is a weaker midbass. You'de have to crossover your subs pretty high, around 100hz to get that midbass back, and that takes power away from your sub amp. If you listen to rap that has lots of low constant bass, then the focals may be good. Im going with the CDT's because i listen to a lot of techno, club type music with some rap here and there. And i love strong punchy midbass that you can feel kick. From my reseaerch the cdt's are great for strong midbass. If you're totally unsure, check out www.elitecaraudio.com. Its a great car audio forum with vast amounts of information and reviews on qaulity components with lots of professional opinions that may help sway your decision.