Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Is The Reason Why You Need The Jdm Ac Controller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by accordfreak
do have the link where the guy hacked up the stock board to make it like the JDM one?

it was on cardomain.com but it was linked on this website back in 2004 or 05. but otherwise, I don't have the link...

doc

Old 03-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My stock Bose HU doesn't have the dual-climate button (it has that awful looking "dead button") but if I was to replace it with the DC button would I have Dual Climate? Does anyone know if there's that green button behind it? Has anyone tried this?

Old 03-05-2009, 05:37 PM
no you would not.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:09 PM
hi, i have an 04 g35 coupe and i just bought an in dash dvd for it, but then i was surprised when they told me that i needed a new dash kit(sorry im new..). so i got the metra dash kit 99-7604, but the buttons seem kinda cheap. can i replace those buttons with the ones from my stock dash?? and any other advice with this kit or installing the dvd??? thanksss n please help!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by accordfreak
do have the link where the guy hacked up the stock board to make it like the JDM one?
any update for this question?
cause if we had to swap out DCC button even for JDM
why not just swap out all the buttons using Metra, this should be easier, cheaper and dont have bother with soldering for the people that arent good at it

Old 04-08-2009, 03:05 AM
Originally Posted by phoenixg35drive
hi, i have an 04 g35 coupe and i just bought an in dash dvd for it, but then i was surprised when they told me that i needed a new dash kit(sorry im new..). so i got the metra dash kit 99-7604, but the buttons seem kinda cheap. can i replace those buttons with the ones from my stock dash?? and any other advice with this kit or installing the dvd??? thanksss n please help!!!
Originally Posted by GST2G35
any update for this question?
cause if we had to swap out DCC button even for JDM
why not just swap out all the buttons using Metra, this should be easier, cheaper and dont have bother with soldering for the people that arent good at it
very good questions. can the factory buttons snap into place in the metra controller? if so, that would be a real money saver. (too bad i already bought my JDM kit...)

Old 05-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Nice info, thx

Old 05-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just bought the JDM kit from Riverside Infiniti.

I was told that I had to buy Antenna harness and radio harness. Can I not use my stock harness for this? What all extra stuff do I need to make sure that the conversion doesn't lose features like Radio etc.

Btw, will I still have steering wheel controls if I go for an OEM stereo?

THX

Old 05-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by txc_iggy
I just bought the JDM kit from Riverside Infiniti.

I was told that I had to buy Antenna harness and radio harness. Can I not use my stock harness for this? What all extra stuff do I need to make sure that the conversion doesn't lose features like Radio etc.

Btw, will I still have steering wheel controls if I go for an OEM stereo?

THX
yes, you need the stereo harness and antenna adapter to use an aftermarket head unit. you will also need the module to maintain use of your steering wheel controls. (there are 2 DIYs you can find if you search. i used them to do mine.) if you were going to use an OEM head unit, why the hell did you just waste $300 buying the JDM controller?

Old 05-22-2009, 08:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh did I type OEM... . Oh c'mon! you know it was a typo!!! clearly i was typing 'after market stereo' !!! .

Old 06-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Good write up. I just got my metra kit in, and am going to attempt doing a swap of stock buttons to the metra kit. I don't know how well it will come about since the way the buttons communicate to the circut board seems different, but I will try. Anyone else attempt this? (Should I be creating a new thread for this?)

Old 06-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by wise-1
Good write up. I just got my metra kit in, and am going to attempt doing a swap of stock buttons to the metra kit. I don't know how well it will come about since the way the buttons communicate to the circut board seems different, but I will try. Anyone else attempt this? (Should I be creating a new thread for this?)
the buttons just snap in place on the nissan factory parts. when i ordered my JDM ac controller it came with black buttons, so i just switched them out with the willow buttons on the stock controller. took me about 15 minutes to do.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey djSLiM,

Do you have any pictures? I have the willow interior in my car as well.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:39 PM
what exactly are you wanting pics of?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Boston
^you don't need the bracket. You can use the one currently on your HU.
I read this from grubbsperformance site.

http://www.grubbsperformance.com/servlet/Detail?no=2613

05 and 06 Double Din Finisher

SKU: 68260

Double Din Finisher that allows for the installation of a new stereo head unit. Also needed is the Double Din Bracket and the Double Din A/C Control. Please note that your original A/C control will not work with this finisher; you must purchase the JDM a/c control. Product of Japan.
PRICE: $133.59

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This Is The Reason Why You Need The Jdm Ac Controller