Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

wtf do i do this these wires(harness)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wtf do i do this these wires(harness)

ok guys, this is a dumb questions probably, but i got my Scosche harness NN03 and there are wires that come out. umm, what do i do with them? i have another connector that fits into my aftermarket headunit, but which wires go to which hole? omg this is insane!

G35s6mt/TSecu/350Z Springs&Struts/K&Nfilter+Z-tube/StillenDualExhaust /6WireGroundKit/KinetixHighFlow

Old 05-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: wtf do i do this these wires(harness)

ok......

Using wire crimpers and connectors listed in my DIY, follow the color coding on the NN03 and your aftermarket deck wire harness that came with the deck. Match up the colors and start crimping away.....

I don't remember what your exact setup was going to involve so I'll try to describe all the scenarios....

1. aftermarket deck + aftermarket amp = only need NN03 power (power/ground/ACC/powered antenna) wire harness, NO NEED for NN03 speaker wire harness since you will be running RCAs from the deck to the amp.

Crimp power/ACC/ground/powered antenna wires together from your deck's wire harness to the NN03's harness.
Tape up the other "open" wires. Throw the NN03 speaker harness in your junk drawer.

deck <- plug <- deck's power/ACC/ground/powered antenna wires <-> crimpers(CONNECT AND CRIMP HERE) <-> NN03's power/ACC/ground/powered antenna wires -> NN03 plug -> stock harness plug -> stock power/ACC/ground/powered antenna wires

2. aftermarket deck + STOCK amp (using stock amp signal wiring to trunk) = power wire harness AND NN03 speaker wire harness. Just match the wire colors for the NN03 speaker wire harness and the deck's speaker wiring and crimp. This NN03 speaker wire harness will plug into the stock speaker wiring harness which will send the signal to your STOCK amp in the trunk.

**remember you have to find the remote amp lead wire (blue/white stripe) from the deck to the stock wiring and crimp it together and connect the remote amp lead wire in the trunk's wire bundle to your amp's remote power terminal ( I couldn't find the remote power wire in the trunk after trying to crimp every combination blue/white wire)

OR

run your own remote amp power lead wire from the back of your new deck to the trunk to your amp's remote power terminal. (this is what I ended up doing when I couldn't find the stock remote power wire).

IF YOU DON'T CONNECT THIS REMOTE AMP POWER WIRE from your aftermarket deck to your aftermarket amp, YOUR AMP WILL NOT TURN ON......

Hope this helps...

docron1

Old 05-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Joe. Helluva reply. Good work.

---------------------------------
**** Official PAC Aux Input Dealer!!! ****
PM me for more info...

Navi-Conversion Kits at Discounted Pricing
*Authorized AV Electronic Dealer*

Old 05-18-2004, 12:20 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

heh nice reply, to sumarize...

This is how they all connect:

Factory Harness >> Scoche NN03 Harness >> New Headunit's Harness

The reason you bought the Scoche harness is so that you dont have to tap into the Factory harness wires, so instead, you will tap the headunit harness wires into the Scoche Harness wires (using a crimper, or just twist and tape up w/ electrical tape)

You will use 2 of the 4 stock harnesses, the other 2 you will just tape together and stuff away behind the ashtray.

The vehicle speed-sensor wire is the white/green wire in one of the unused stock harnesses (incase you have an aftermarket Navi)

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 05-18-2004, 01:09 AM

oh yea, i figured it earlier today. thanks so much man. awesome write up. this should help lots of people like me. ill take so0me pix when im done.

G35s6mt/TSecu/350Z Springs&Struts/K&Nfilter+Z-tube/StillenDualExhaust /6WireGroundKit/KinetixHighFlow

Old 05-18-2004, 02:24 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

does the NON-BOSE G's have a stock amp?

Old 05-18-2004, 06:44 AM

Again, the correct terminology should be "Premium" or "non-Premium".....

The PREMIUM system has stock Clarion deck, 6 stock speakers WITH the addition of the Bose amp and the rear shelf 6x9" "subs".

The NON-PREMIUM has stock Clarion deck and only 6 stock speakers. NO Bose amp or rear shelf subs are installed in non-premium......

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by ramborami on 05/18/04 08:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 05-18-2004, 10:59 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

the "stock" amp is the Clarion headunit which bumps 160 watts peak (powering the 6 speakers in the car, 2 front+ 2 tweeters, 2 rear-side panel)

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 05-18-2004, 05:40 PM

sorry rambo, I was grouping the fronts (6.5" and tweets) as 1 speaker set. I guess they are two speakers.... thanks...

docron1

Old 05-19-2004, 04:13 AM

Let's not forget that the sedan actually does have a "sub" or rather a "bass boosting Nd woofer." I think someone said an 8"?

Nd is the element neodymium, which is a fairly common metal used for speaker magnets.

Old 05-19-2004, 03:05 PM

my sedan has no nd woofer. at least not one that ive seen. no premium.