Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Post pics of your double din setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAN SOMEONE suggest a double din ..i bought a used avid d3 thing works but it didn't come with the nave disc so i ended up buying one online and used it today and it crashed it says to please insert the appropriate disc

the damn thing is bricked i can't do anything but plug a aux cord in and play music from my iPod thats is !!!! no radio no eq controls nothing BRICKED

i looked everywhere online and its a known problem with the D3 wtf!!

SO now I'm going to buy a new dd but i don't know what to get i was thinking kenwood since they have the color matching settings and Garmin gps but it seems pioneer gives you the best bang for your buck

I'm looking to spend 600-700 max '

SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER I been asking question and nobody has been answering me for a week and yes i used the search button for some of my questions

Old 10-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
You can send it to Pioneer and get it fixed if it won't cost to much.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you should try Sony xav line navi, parrot hands free, swipe hand gestures plus a load of other features and it comes with tom-tom with live traffic updates for life and the largest hi def screen for d din units it is around your price range too that's what i'm getting for my g when i get the jdm kit but i got one suggestion about the d3 did you look for a reset switch??? all radio units come with one and you are supposed to press it when it gets power the first time plus there is a cover in some heads that must be taped over for them to work not too familiar with that head but its worth a shot you cud save some cash...

Old 10-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I tryed the reset button a bunch of times but it still says the same thing I googled my eyes out tryin to find a solution and nobody with the same problem figured it out ... The only fix is to send it to pioneer but they charge like 200 ... If anybody out there has this problem and fixed it let me know please thanks

Old 10-28-2011, 03:31 AM
Originally Posted by g35kid00
I tryed the reset button a bunch of times but it still says the same thing I googled my eyes out tryin to find a solution and nobody with the same problem figured it out ... The only fix is to send it to pioneer but they charge like 200 ... If anybody out there has this problem and fixed it let me know please thanks
Sucks *** bro

Old 11-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Looking at some of these photos makes me realize how much nicer the interior is on the newer model G's.

In any event, I hope to have some photos to add in a few weeks once I return to the country and get a chance to tackle the DD install myself. I can't wait to get rid of the Bose system!

Old 11-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by g35kid00
CAN SOMEONE suggest a double din ..i bought a used avid d3 thing works but it didn't come with the nave disc so i ended up buying one online and used it today and it crashed it says to please insert the appropriate disc

the damn thing is bricked i can't do anything but plug a aux cord in and play music from my iPod thats is !!!! no radio no eq controls nothing BRICKED

i looked everywhere online and its a known problem with the D3 wtf!!

SO now I'm going to buy a new dd but i don't know what to get i was thinking kenwood since they have the color matching settings and Garmin gps but it seems pioneer gives you the best bang for your buck

I'm looking to spend 600-700 max '

SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER I been asking question and nobody has been answering me for a week and yes i used the search button for some of my questions

i fixed it with a disc replacement from the guy i ordered it online

thank god i didn't buy one of craigslist cause i was on there daily trying to find one but they were all to expensive in my eyes

DO MODOMODOMODOMODOMODOMODOMO

Old 11-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
finally got my Alpine INA-W910 installed with the JDM double din

it's so nice to finally have music other than radio

Old 11-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Xclusive35
Also a 930BT install... With some minor modding I got the radio to sit completely flush. The trim ring I fabricated using some thin pieces of plastic and vinyl .

I really like what you did with the trim ring on this. Can you please do a write up on how you made it? I'm sure other people on here would like to know as well.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Amazon Amazon

is this the right one for a '03 coupe with black leather

Old 11-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by fullvietFX

upload images

Took this with my phone not the best picture but you get the idea.
did you carbon fiber wrap on the dash kit?

Old 11-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I finally sold my single din flip out dvd player to a co-worker and got a JVC kw-avx720 off another co-worker.

Before:

After:

the double din looks sooo much cleaner!!!

Old 11-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Texas Pawn Boys
did you carbon fiber wrap on the dash kit?
Yes.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 Sedan

Still a bit of a work in progress, but I wanted to post what I have in so far, it's nearly complete. Many Thanks to everyone on the board for the assistance I've gotten so far.
I added a Sony CDX-C90 in the dash, with the XDP-210EQ in the trunk. There are 2 Kenwood PSX-300 amps (one to Sub and one to Fronts) and a small Sony amp to power the rear speakers. There is a MDX-62 MiniDisc Changer under the passenger seat, a Sony 6 disc CD changer in the rear armrest, and the XA-30 (?) auxiliary line input in the center console, allowing me to connect 2 different line input sources, like an mp3 player, phone, etc.
In the trunk is a JL 15w6 in a fiberglass box I built.
I think putting the CD changer in the arm rest was the toughest/most rewarding part of it so far.

Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your double din setup-head-unit.jpg   Post pics of your double din setup-trunk.jpg   Post pics of your double din setup-armrest-cd-changer-1.jpg   Post pics of your double din setup-trunk-amps-3.jpg   Post pics of your double din setup-md-changer.jpg  

Old 11-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by mrnix
Still a bit of a work in progress, but I wanted to post what I have in so far, it's nearly complete. Many Thanks to everyone on the board for the assistance I've gotten so far.
I added a Sony CDX-C90 in the dash, with the XDP-210EQ in the trunk. There are 2 Kenwood PSX-300 amps (one to Sub and one to Fronts) and a small Sony amp to power the rear speakers. There is a MDX-62 MiniDisc Changer under the passenger seat, a Sony 6 disc CD changer in the rear armrest, and the XA-30 (?) auxiliary line input in the center console, allowing me to connect 2 different line input sources, like an mp3 player, phone, etc.
In the trunk is a JL 15w6 in a fiberglass box I built.
I think putting the CD changer in the arm rest was the toughest/most rewarding part of it so far.
Dang bro, a lot of work you put into the G. Good stuff and the Infiniti cutoff I'll admit is the first I have seen.. Nice.

What have you done to the exterior of the car? *curious*

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your double din setup