Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post pics of your double din setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 06:26 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Realised I probably should have posted these pics in this thread rather than the double din FAQ thread.

The following 3 users liked this post by jjjones:
BowWizzel (01-15-2015), G35fromPA (03-18-2015), Urbanengineer (12-08-2014)
Old 11-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow that looks great

Old 11-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Nice!!! Appradio 4?

Old 11-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisKG35
Nice!!! Appradio 4?
Yups

Old 12-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So i bought the JDM Double Din Kit last week and just received it 2 days ago and i also bought a Kenwood DDX371 Double Din. What do y'all think about this one? It has bluetooth which i mainly got it for. But any of you have this HU? Would i be able to customize the start-up screen to infiniti? and any pictures of this HU installed out there? Hopefully getting it installed this upcoming weekend.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:54 AM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
After a week of harness wiring and then checking with my DMM, I have finally installed my DDIN. I would have never done this without Wrathernaut's DIY:

... please ignore the DVD image of Sleepy Hollow, it was the first pic I thought to take and was testing the optical drive function. Coincidence the hand holding showing when I merged two things of beauty into one? Probably...

Notes:
*Pioneer AVH-4000NEX (carplay firmware update = awesome)
*Flush mounted and centered to prevent rubbing when the screen folds out (more pics later)
*DDIN trim ring I bought from wasn't needed. I used some adhesive foam attached to the top and bottom of the head unit, way easier for me to do.
*Was a TIGHT fit, had to have help shoving wires and the NIS2, AWSC from a friend as the headunit went into the car. Even then, the last 1/4" was very 'forced.'
*BE PATIENT: I took a lot of breaks, and only broke one clip The clock trim was the most frustrating. It took about 45 minutes and much forum searching to figure it out, even after watching Wrather's vid. The key for me was to Pull the top right corner at the front of the upper clock trim towards the driver's door, and push the right side of the bottom trim towards the passenger door and lift up.
*Discovered my OEM Infiniti Battery can't hold up to 30minutes sessions of radio finger f*****g, so had to buy another battery with a few more CA.

UPDATED 12/12

Another pic of mounting:

Last edited by AuAltima3.5; 12-12-2014 at 10:54 PM. Reason: updated pics
Old 12-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by AuAltima3.5
After a week of harness wiring and then checking with my DMM, I have finally installed my DDIN. I would have never done this without Wrathernaut's DIY:

... please ignore the DVD image of Sleepy Hollow, it was the first pic I thought to take and was testing the optical drive function. Coincidence the hand holding showing when I merged two things of beauty into one? Probably...

Notes:
*Pioneer AVH-4000NEX (carplay firmware update = awesome)
*Flush mounted and centered to prevent rubbing when the screen folds out (more pics later)
*DDIN trim ring I bought from wasn't needed. I used some adhesive foam attached to the top and bottom of the head unit, way easier for me to do.
*Was a TIGHT fit, had to have help shoving wires and the NIS2, AWSC from a friend as the headunit went into the car. Even then, the last 1/4" was very 'forced.'
*BE PATIENT: I took a lot of breaks, and only broke one clip The clock trim was the most frustrating. It took about 45 minutes and much forum searching to figure it out, even after watching Wrather's vid. The key for me was to Pull the top right corner at the front of the upper clock trim towards the driver's door, and push the right side of the bottom trim towards the passenger door and lift up.
*Discovered my OEM Infiniti Battery can't hold up to 30minutes sessions of radio finger f*****g, so had to buy another battery with a few more CA.
Once you kinda figure out where you can put wires, you'd be surprised how much you can fit in there. I've got the steering wheel adapter, HD radio adapter, a auxiliary power plug permanently wired for powering my tablet in the stock nav screen location, 3x RCA pairs, iPod wiring, microphone wire... just tuck as much as possible along the sides and under the radio and it fits nicely. Usually if feels too tight, you're running the top screw mount arm under where it should be going over.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:42 AM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Okay. I have a quick question and it seems like here is a good place to ask it. I am planning on deleting my factory DVD Navigation system. I believe what I will need to do to keep it easy is to just pull out the components. BUT my question is are the double dins for the 03-04 models the SAME for the cars with the Nav and without. Reason I as is because I will be buying the upper cubby hole and having it installed of so. Please let me know THANKS!!!

Old 01-14-2015, 03:27 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
Okay. I have a quick question and it seems like here is a good place to ask it. I am planning on deleting my factory DVD Navigation system. I believe what I will need to do to keep it easy is to just pull out the components. BUT my question is are the double dins for the 03-04 models the SAME for the cars with the Nav and without. Reason I as is because I will be buying the upper cubby hole and having it installed of so. Please let me know THANKS!!!
Theres one JDM kit and it fits both nav and non nav for 03/4

Metra fits non nav, but can be modified to fit the factory nav. If you're deleting it tho, yes, it would fit too.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:53 PM
Awesome. Reason why I ask is im going to do the Pioneer Appradio. When I do that it really makes my Navigation from 2004 WORTHLESS..... So I might as well delete it and use those areas for storage for gauges and things.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:42 PM
Awesome. Reason why I ask is im going to do the Pioneer Appradio. When I do that it really makes my Navigation from 2004 WORTHLESS..... So I might as well delete it and use those areas for storage for gauges and things.
I have the appradio and nav. I still use the real time mpg sometimes tho. Still use the nav too so I can have multiple options. I know its outdated, and the POI feature is useless, but addresses never change, so its still got some usefulness.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:02 AM
Yea... Ive debated on keeping it, but I use this car for show mainly AND it is boosted with lots of goodies... So I need my gauges. I also will be doing air or a cup kit so hiding some of my gauges comes in handy.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:03 AM
But its the JDM dash's are the same when I delete the buttons and screen then add a cubby hole... Then I will be happy!

Old 01-15-2015, 12:49 AM
But its the JDM dash's are the same when I delete the buttons and screen then add a cubby hole... Then I will be happy!
It doesn't add a cubby, its just the same sized opening for the cubby or nav with a JDM kit. You'll still have to find the flip lid/cubby thing.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:27 AM
I all ready did. It was easy to track down. Will be wrapping it in Carbon fiber!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your double din setup