Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Post pics of your double din setup

Old 05-03-2015, 03:03 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Why the iPad and the double din?

Old 05-03-2015, 03:22 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by sLysKyv35

All functional via Bluetooth and AC controls are above the ipad. ......oh yea and the seats. Just finished them a week ago.

Got em!!!!!

I hope this works if not I'll try again..haha
I'm gonna be super critical here. I'll be objective in some places and subjective in others. Should be obvious once its layed out:

OK, ipad; great idea in theory. I don't know that it actually works tho. It's almost "too much". Whatever that means. Paired with the double-din..its a bit confusing.

Please. Please. PLEASE get rid of the crown royal bag boot. Classless.

Love the seat color, but if they were just finished a week ago why the chips on the right shoulder of the driver seat?

Originality.. Its good. Great vision, decent execution, cool custom work. Its very "you" tho. Which is fine, cuz that's who its made for, but couldn't see this as a "product".

Surprise's.. The ac controls: are those completely custom buttons running across the top? That's great if so. That could open doors to a lot of custom projects. How did you make them? Can we get close up pics?

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 05-03-2015 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to ScraggleRock........

Well first thanks for criticism. The iPad is paired but can be removed if desired. And mainly paired so I can get sound thru the speakers.

I laugh out loud when you say theirs cracks in the seat.... That's because there was a huge tear in the seat and had looked extremely rough before. I managed to sew them with FISHING LINE!!! That's right lolololol. Oh well it worked, kinda. Better to have spent 1.99 than 500 on new seats. SO that's why you see that. And not to mention it honestly doesn't look THAT bad... Should've seen it before...

As for the crown royal bag. You don't like it (classless) ok .... In your opinion but I think it's kinda cool. But thanks again for you bias thoughts. Frankly I think your jealous but I couldn't care either way.

As for the ac controls they are the metro kit just the controller mounted . Works the same!

PS that was a tan interior fully converted to black/cinnamon

Old 05-03-2015, 07:56 AM
Mr Brooks

why the IPad and double din...... Because race car ....why not??? Lol just kidding. Because I still have the option to watch dvd, radio, but mainly because I can get sound through the iPad via the double din. Works out pretty well. I'm sure there's another way to get sound via just the iPad but haven't come up with anything yet worth trying.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs up

I was watching a video on YouTube where a guy installed an iPad mini in his G coupe. It looks badass. He sat the mini in his coupe vertically, sprayed his double din kit flat black to hide the iPad when the system is off. The best install I've ever seen. Go to YouTube and look up Freeman audio, you'll like what you see. Kind of made me mad I bought a double din.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Well first thanks for criticism. The iPad is paired but can be removed if desired. And mainly paired so I can get sound thru the speakers.

I laugh out loud when you say theirs cracks in the seat.... That's because there was a huge tear in the seat and had looked extremely rough before. I managed to sew them with FISHING LINE!!! That's right lolololol. Oh well it worked, kinda. Better to have spent 1.99 than 500 on new seats. SO that's why you see that. And not to mention it honestly doesn't look THAT bad... Should've seen it before...

As for the crown royal bag. You don't like it (classless) ok .... In your opinion but I think it's kinda cool. But thanks again for you bias thoughts. Frankly I think your jealous but I couldn't care either way.

As for the ac controls they are the metro kit just the controller mounted . Works the same!

OH yeah definitely jealous of your fishing-line-sewed up seats and ghetto looking crowne royal bag shift boot-----btw the ipad looks like a terrible install and fitment but OK!

The following users liked this post:
sLysKyv35 (05-10-2015)
Old 07-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by g35man04
here are my updated pics that I took tonight.

Hey couldn't tell by the picture but did you buy the black center console or did you just take that out, spray paint it, and reinstalled?

Old 12-31-2015, 08:48 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Installed my new Kenwood after my old Clarion double din crapped out on me.. Im waiting on my new plastic piece to come because I broke mine taking it out lol

Old 01-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pioneer AVH-x5500 hooked up and sounding great. Plan on tweaking the Infiniti logo so it fills out the screen better

Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your double din setup-image.jpeg  
G35fromPA (01-07-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
I had an issue with my stereo the past couple months because of tint spray leaked down during tint install... and today it miraculously started working again... thanks for bumping this.

lasen72 (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

He's not bias. He's just saying what most people are probably thinking. He did say he was gonna be critical so take it for what its worth.

Its your car so do whatever you like. Some people may like it, some people won't. I mean, there is a hole next to the seat heater buttons, which I don't know what that is for (enlighten us). No, we're not jealous of the Crown shifter cover. I'm totally fine with the stock one that's in good shape in mine.

Overall the Ipad and DD setup is looks good. Did you move the AC controls on top of the Ipad?

Old 01-06-2017, 06:06 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
You do realize you're responding to a year and a half old post and the member you asked a question never made another post on here after that one........................

lasen72 (01-06-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 10:33 AM
Update on DD DASH

Sorry to all that have been waiting, I've been Mia from this site too long. But here is an update.

Ipad has been sold and a new and improved center dash has been completed for over a year now. This is currently how it looks. Decided to go with a samsung tablet for more compatibility, and it fits a lot cleaner. Managed to keep the little cubby box in its original location.

As for how it was done, and the functions, the AC controls are NOT integrated in the tablet. It still is run thru oe harness. And as for keeping the DD unit, I did so to have it work with car speakers including all aftermarket speakers and subs. And actually works amazingly well, especially with a music app that comes with a manageable equalizer and tuning capabilites. Which can be found on play store called : power amp music player.

Another sweet app is the Torque app which only works when you have a Bluetooth reciever that connects to the OBD port. Which enables me to have a complete set of gauges aside from the stock cluster. Which turns out to be very handle as it does identify error codes and allows to clear them as well. You can find the BT OBD port pretty much anywhere but make sure to get one that is reputable and spend more than $20. And then get the app for 5 and your good.

Let me know what you guys think. I may end up doing another one soon here as this one has a small Crack forming and also would like to update it further.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Nice work. I didn't know you redid the LEDs too!

Old 08-26-2017, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Nice work. I didn't know you redid the LEDs too!
Thanks, yes redid ALL lights to leds/smd and also redid the interior from the tan to black. So everything you see in the pic that is black was once the original tan. And dyed the seats to a cinnamon color from bmw. But thinking about doing another dye to black seats. Also managed to fit the 05-06 door panels. More to come as I tend to make my d.d. an on going project lol.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your double din setup