Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

PAC steering wheel control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAC steering wheel control

I searched but didn't find anything. Im going to be installing the PAC steering wheel unit tomorrow, and was curious to know the location of where I will find the receiving end of these wires. Are they by the steering column or by the center console, because ive heard mixed input on both. thanks

Old 05-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i put mine in, you splice into the wires behind the headunit. there were 3 wires that had to be connected from the car harness, 2 went through resistors to the white and the 3rd was just grounded.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:02 PM
oh so they splice behind the head unit; the stock harness im assuming? for some reason i thought it was somewhere else.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:24 PM
All the wires are in one of the plugs that go directly into the radio. It will take you longer to program the module then it will to wire it.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:13 AM
From this pic, can anyone tell me which of the 4 harness's the pac unit will splice into? (1? , right of 1? , 2? , left of 2?

Old 05-17-2009, 01:50 AM
I can't remember since it's been a while, but the harness only has a few wires on it. #1 is the main radio harness I believe. The wires you need are in a separate harness. Look at the PAC instructions and see which harness has the colors you need in the pin locations that they show. PAC does a very good job providing all the info you need.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry but I can figure it out, here are all the harness, can anyone tell me from this pic? ( the top is the right side and the bottom is left, sorry)
http://img41.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photoq.jpg

Old 05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by mehta916
I'm sorry but I can figure it out, here are all the harness, can anyone tell me from this pic? ( the top is the right side and the bottom is left, sorry)
http://img41.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photoq.jpg
Did you look at the PAC instructions? They give you a diagram of the plug pinout and the exact location of the wires on the plug.

The plug you need has 16 pin locations and you need the green, red & yellow wires.

Looking at the first pic you posted I would say it's the plug to the left of #2.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 05-17-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:29 AM
wow, idk if a light bulb just went off in my head when I read your post, but I just got it installed and programed, and you made it a lot easier then those directions did. thanks dude.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:46 AM
I do have one last question hopefully you can answer. The 2 resistors; since they are exposed can I just wrap them up in electric tape?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by mehta916
I do have one last question hopefully you can answer. The 2 resistors; since they are exposed can I just wrap them up in electric tape?
Yes, just make sure nothing can short out on them and you'll be fine.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:51 AM
hey guys, ive just spent the last 5 hrs trying to wire this stupid swi jack, for some stupid reason, the jack isn't getting any power. I grounded the black wire, and connected the red wire to another red wire from the car's harness which is the +12 acc ignition wire. But the little lamp on the swi jack never lights up!
getting really aggravated here, any help would be appreciated.

also, i connecteed the other red and green wire to the resistors, followed by the white interface wire. I also grounded the yellow wire.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:16 PM
ok just don't attach to ANY red wire cuz guess what... they aren't all the same!

back of your aftermarket deck there is a RED wire - as long as your deck is working properly, that should be the accessory wire (power only on with accessory) what you need to do is follow the instructions VERY carefully. read them about 5 times before you even go any further have it so that you can go through the install with looking at the sheet.

Wiring is not for everyone. Most shops will install these at a reasonable price if you're one of the people that wiring is not kind to.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:29 PM
i tapped the red wire from the swi jack to the red wire from the radio, but still no power from the swi jack, what do you think im doing wrong?

i checked the fuse on the jack but it looks fine to me

Old 09-14-2009, 02:10 AM
just finished the install without the steering wheel controls, idk eventually ill take it to a shop and let them have their shot at it.

after i finished, i think i kinda drained the battery, the alternator wont turn. So tomorrow i'll try to jump start the car. Hopefully I won't have to rewire anything right? power drains are normal i hope... I haven't turned on the car in 2 days and kinda blasted the music when i was testing the unit.

I'll post up pics of the install soon.
btw this was a dn9140, and i didn't drill any new holes in the new bracket, but still fit nicely

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PAC steering wheel control