Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

USA Spec Pa15-NIS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the wire from the PA15 to the iphone long enough to go from glove box to left side of center console? Didnt look that way when i opened the package and checked out everything

Old 10-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
idk measure it

Old 10-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Is it me or is this 00gts6speed a bit rude? Seems someone is bitter...

Go for a drive and treat other g35driver members with respect.

No reason for such PMS attitude.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:50 PM
g35driver members didn't treat me with much respect when I had a celica gt-s...lol

I was just saying that I got the thing with no instructions and figured it out, I don't see how that's rude. There are dash diy's floating around and once you have the radio out you just unplug the 2 plugs from the radio, plug them into the harness that comes with the pa15-nis and then plug that into the radio. As for the "idk measure it" comment, my car is in the shop getting a new engine so I can't check the length right now

Old 10-23-2009, 06:10 PM
I had a Celica GT and was not treated differently although the question is why were you on a g35 forum contributing?
None the less, i am sure everyone is welcome if they respect the forum.
The statements made by you were in fact rude!

On 09/08/09 you stated:
So? Same ****

as a response to ones observation

On 09/18/09 you stated:
i just said that it works and so did another guy, read the thread

as a response to a question in which I find my self a proper question to have been asked because technically you state it works but with an issue and with your self asking for assistance on the issue.

On 10/12/09 you then insult a member:
wah wah wah...i figured it out...so can you

Did you not request for help your self? Did anyone insult you for it?

Then Yesterday and Today you have a conversation with a user whom is concerned, but yet you mention it is not a big deal?
These are pricey vehicles to modify so I would assume it is a big deal. Well enough to ask I am sure.

The member then asks if the cord would be long enough and your response:
IDK measure it?

What was the point of that? I am sure he asking for the same reason I would which is to ask someone whom is familiar with the installation, familiar with the dimensions of the HU and the glovebox considering it was a suggestion of yours to place the module in the glovebox in the first place.

Anyway, I appreciate you explaining your statements now although I am sure you can see
"IDK measure it "
sounds far from:
"my car is in the shop getting a new engine so I can't check the length right now"

Old 10-23-2009, 06:17 PM
anyway my purpose on this thread is to state that I to will be buying this PA15-NIS from the following authorized dealer:
http://www.mp3carpros.com/product_in...roducts_id=203

If anyone requests, I will be happy to track my installation process with images and feedback.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by jerryG45
I had a Celica GT and was not treated differently although the question is why were you on a g35 forum contributing?
None the less, i am sure everyone is welcome if they respect the forum.
The statements made by you were in fact rude!

On 09/08/09 you stated:
So? Same ****

as a response to ones observation

On 09/18/09 you stated:
i just said that it works and so did another guy, read the thread

as a response to a question in which I find my self a proper question to have been asked because technically you state it works but with an issue and with your self asking for assistance on the issue.

On 10/12/09 you then insult a member:
wah wah wah...i figured it out...so can you

Did you not request for help your self? Did anyone insult you for it?

Then Yesterday and Today you have a conversation with a user whom is concerned, but yet you mention it is not a big deal?
These are pricey vehicles to modify so I would assume it is a big deal. Well enough to ask I am sure.

The member then asks if the cord would be long enough and your response:
IDK measure it?

What was the point of that? I am sure he asking for the same reason I would which is to ask someone whom is familiar with the installation, familiar with the dimensions of the HU and the glovebox considering it was a suggestion of yours to place the module in the glovebox in the first place.

Anyway, I appreciate you explaining your statements now although I am sure you can see
"IDK measure it "
sounds far from:
"my car is in the shop getting a new engine so I can't check the length right now"
holy crap its the internet, relax yourself and stop stalking me, these are not pricey vehicles to modify

what is wrong with saying "I don't know, measure it." I don't know if it will reach so he needs to measure it.

how old are you?

Old 10-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Believe me I am relaxed and I am not the one whom is showing any adolescences.

I was simply stating how you were being rude since you apparently didnt see how it was rude:
"I was just saying that I got the thing with no instructions and figured it out, I don't see how that's rude"

"what is wrong with saying "I don't know, measure it." I don't know if it will reach so he needs to measure it."

I already explained this to you. Now if you have nothing good to say, or anything to say related to the thread in a polite manner then go back to your GTS and leave the thread alone.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:34 PM
lol fine i don't need to stick around and help you whiners with this ridiculously easy install

Old 10-23-2009, 10:36 PM
I agree with jerry

Old 10-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Ahh, I think I know what's going on with my hissing sound. I said I put the unit back in the harness and grounded it. I actually only screwed the top screw. I forgot there are two at the bottom that look like they are actually the ones doing the grounding.. Will try it out today. Also, I read that the stereo gets additional ground from the radio antenna. If you disconnect that one, the Head Unit will not even turn on.

Last edited by smash; 10-27-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:54 AM
No, that wan't it. I still get a bit of a hiss no matter what. F it, kept the PA15 unit and put the dash back together. This hiss is only noticeable when the key is in accessory mode and engine off so I think I can live with it.

Sound quality is very impressive.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Just an FYI I had installed this on my G35 coupe 03.5 with nav and SAT button (no actual antenna) and it works amazing . THe sound quality is much better then actual radio.
I am impressed.

No hissing, sorry Smash. Maybe it is simply a defective Pa15-NIS or the issue lies with the stock system.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks for checking guys. No it's not a defective unit coz I've also tried PA11 and PAC both came with their set of wires. And like I said stock doesn't do it.

Ohh well, it's barely audible anyway. If you just turn the key into Accesory mode with the stereo and AC/fans off, you almost have to keep your ear to the speaker to hear the hiss.

Must be something about my stock wiring because I 2x checked allthe screws and ground. All and all other than this unpleasantness, sound really is excellent and all controls work. Good product overall.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
silly question...can this play audio from youtube and the sirius app on the iphones?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: USA Spec Pa15-NIS