Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

f90bt vs f900bt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MJION
Thanks Bina! how the hell did you figure that one out... lol

I will have to invest in that upgrade, however I am not looking forward to taking the dash apart in order to do so...
http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewfor...ce73f850762afc is a HUGE source of info, especially if youre into modding(ive modded my f90 a little). Thats where i found out about the crappy pioneer ipod cable. the belkin cable i bought at BB was like $40-50, but for the vast improvement, it was worth every penny. taking apart the dash isnt that bad once youve done it a few times. prolly takes me under 5 mins to get everything apart since ive done it so many times.

Does the volume level on the ipod when you plug it in have anything to do with it?
whenever you plug the ipod into something via the dock connector, the volume level on the ipod becomes useless.

On another note....
Have you DL'd the 3.0 update? If so is it worth it?
a MUST have if you have a pioneer f-series. pre-release pioneer was selling it for $60....i dunno how much it is now, but its def worth whatever theyre charging for it.

how do you like the F90BT?
Yeah it has a few issues, I am sure both you and I know what they are..
But personally I could not be happier for the money I spent...
love the f90bt. i got a factory refurb for cheap and couldnt be happier. the only issue i(and just about every other person who owns an f-series pioneer) is the slow boot up time, but what do you expect from a windows based system. its like starting up a little computer everytime you turn it on. other than that i really have no issues with the system.

just as a suggestion until you get your new ipod cable....maybe use the aux-in jack on the front to play your ipod. sure its ugly to have a cable coming out of the front of your headunit and it sucks to have to control the ipod on the ipod itself, but at least youll have much better sound unitl you get that new ipod cable.

Last edited by bina12834; 09-24-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Bina--
Sorry about the run on, not sure how to do individual quotes......

To me the start up time really is not an issue, I mean it takes like 30-45 seconds....

I know once you plug the ipod in the volume is useless, I meant before you plug it in, if the volume is all the way up verses down will it be louder?
It seems like sometimes it is louder than other times....?

Yeah I go to Avic411 as well but I am too scared to make any mods to the system... And honestly I am such a noob when it comes to tech stuff I am even hesitant to DL the 3.0 because 2.0 works fine for me.
But I think I will go for it after hearing your testimony..

One issue I have is that when you use bluetooth it automatically goes to the GPS screen... Did 3.0 correct this?

And MY MAIN COMPLAINT is that in the 2D overhead GPS mode the direction is not always facing up sometimes it travels South, East ect. This can be very disorientating.. There fore I always use 3D mode so my arrow is always pointing up!
Did the 3.0 correct this?

Thanks!!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I have the F900BT and it sounds great, esp with my iphone. It's almost too loud after volume 10. But, I'm running it to an aftermarket amp.

The 3.0 update is great. With the 3.0 update, it does correct the 2d overhead north issue.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bina--
Sorry about the run on, not sure how to do individual quotes......
when you hit the quote button, copy the [QUOTE=xxx;xxxxxx] and put that at the beginning of anything you want to individually quote and then remember to make sure to put the [ /QUOTE ] (without the spaces) at the end of each individual quote. easy as pie!

To me the start up time really is not an issue, I mean it takes like 30-45 seconds....
depends on what source you had it on when you turned the car on. iPod source is takes the longest.

I know once you plug the ipod in the volume is useless, I meant before you plug it in, if the volume is all the way up verses down will it be louder?
It seems like sometimes it is louder than other times....?
still doesnt matter.

Yeah I go to Avic411 as well but I am too scared to make any mods to the system... And honestly I am such a noob when it comes to tech stuff I am even hesitant to DL the 3.0 because 2.0 works fine for me.
But I think I will go for it after hearing your testimony..
trust me....d/l or buy the 3.0 update....soooo worth it. And i was a noob before modding too. Its really easy to get into the system to mod once you do it once, the only thing you need to know after that is how to understand code(which i have no idea how to do), but theres enough mods available on Avic411 that you can take someone elses modds and cater them to your own need easily like i did. it really helps to make the f90bt a better system and give it stuff that it should have had from the beginning and still doesnt have. i can post some pics up for you of what ive done if you want(not much, but in my eyes it makes it a 100% better system).

One issue I have is that when you use bluetooth it automatically goes to the GPS screen... Did 3.0 correct this?
fixed with 3.0

And MY MAIN COMPLAINT is that in the 2D overhead GPS mode the direction is not always facing up sometimes it travels South, East ect. This can be very disorientating.. There fore I always use 3D mode so my arrow is always pointing up!
Did the 3.0 correct this?
fixed with 3.0. now theres 3 view options, 2D like you hate, 2D like you want, and the normal 3D.

Thanks!!!!
youre welcome :P