Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Best replacement for crackling tweeters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by meanthedope
alright cool...i'll take your word for it and try these out. let you guys know how it goes.
Just installed the same tweeters in my buddys g35 and he's freeking out!! These 4 omh tweeters running at 2 ohm still are 3-5 times loader than the stock ones!

Last edited by extremepowderco; 02-11-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my Bose system, sucks that we pay for a premium package that has crackling tweeters! I mean wtf? did no one bother to test the audio system past level 5?!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just did the tweeters on my 06 and damn!! sounds way better.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by 35Alive
I'm having the same problem with my Bose system, sucks that we pay for a premium package that has crackling tweeters! I mean wtf? did no one bother to test the audio system past level 5?!
Do you know what's even sucks the most. When me an my buddy pulled are head units and tweetes out there not even Bose! Everything in the car is Bose what a big BS!!! The tweeters and the head unit said made by clarion!! What's with that????

Old 02-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by extremepowderco
Do you know what's even sucks the most. When me an my buddy pulled are head units and tweetes out there not even Bose! Everything in the car is Bose what a big BS!!! The tweeters and the head unit said made by clarion!! What's with that????
Haha I know! I remember reading that somewhere. Not like if they actually were Bose they would be any better tho. Thank god I always plan to change my audio setup otherwise I would be pissed I paid even a dime for this system. I mean what about the regular consumer who doesn't modify their vehicle? They must have a pretty negative image of Infiniti's audio quality if they turn their stereo up past like 6! lol.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:01 PM
I just ordered the tweeters and wonder if I should just do the door speakers at the same time. Anyone have suggestions for replacements there?

Old 02-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Machine Head
I just ordered the tweeters and wonder if I should just do the door speakers at the same time. Anyone have suggestions for replacements there?
Heres what i have found! The tweeters make a word of a diff even running at 2 ohm and not 4 ohm like they should! We replaced the factory speakers to kenwood and they sound like crap next to stock! Are Bose system is 2 ohm not 4 ohm like true car audio is made for! Tweeters at 2 ohms yes it cuts down on how it performs but it really doesn't matter in a tweeter. A tweeter produce like 1 sound no vocals or bass! Car vocal speakers are going to sound like carp if you dont put the right ohm's an power to them! If your happy with the system now than with the tweeters it's going to make a big diff! I think you would be wasting your money at this point to change the speakers unless you run a diff amp and head unit!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Heres what i have found! The tweeters make a word of a diff even running at 2 ohm and not 4 ohm like they should! We replaced the factory speakers to kenwood and they sound like crap next to stock! Are Bose system is 2 ohm not 4 ohm like true car audio is made for! Tweeters at 2 ohms yes it cuts down on how it performs but it really doesn't matter in a tweeter. A tweeter produce like 1 sound no vocals or bass! Car vocal speakers are going to sound like carp if you dont put the right ohm's an power to them! If your happy with the system now than with the tweeters it's going to make a big diff! I think you would be wasting your money at this point to change the speakers unless you run a diff amp and head unit!

tweeters do alot more than "1 sound"

im not trying to rip on your post but.....

Tweeters should produce the upper end of the frequencies, not to say the mids cant get to some of the higher peaks.

True a tweeter doesn't take as much power to get loud.
If a amp puts out 10watts at 2 ohm and 5watts at 4 ohm you will not notice a differance.

Thus a 4 ohm tweet would be an ok replacement for a 2 ohm.

Power to a speaker is always fluctuating. im running 8ohm tweets in my setup and they sound amazing.

What are the kenwood mids lacking? bass? mid bass?

they wont have as much lower end bass because they are not made for that.

Most stock cars are geared towards boomy bass than SQ

Old 02-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
Unfortunately, so true.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid

tweeters do alot more than "1 sound"

im not trying to rip on your post but.....

Tweeters should produce the upper end of the frequencies, not to say the mids cant get to some of the higher peaks.

True a tweeter doesn't take as much power to get loud.
If a amp puts out 10watts at 2 ohm and 5watts at 4 ohm you will not notice a differance.

Thus a 4 ohm tweet would be an ok replacement for a 2 ohm.

Power to a speaker is always fluctuating. im running 8ohm tweets in my setup and they sound amazing.

What are the kenwood mids lacking? bass? mid bass?

they wont have as much lower end bass because they are not made for that.

Im not saying they make just 1 sound! Im just saying tweeters are just highs kinda like 1 sound! Like 2 way replacement speakers have high vocals and mid bas so on! I dont like running base in door/vocal speakers! They where lacking everything! They just didnt sound clear using are head deck and amp! The bose sounded better with the stock system and intalling after market tweeters in stock location!

Old 03-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Did you take any pictures during installation?

Old 03-02-2010, 05:02 PM
dude did you see a positive and negative in there ,and do u have any tips on getting in

Im not saying they make just 1 sound! Im just saying tweeters are just highs kinda like 1 sound! Like 2 way replacement speakers have high vocals and mid bas so on! I dont like running base in door/vocal speakers! They where lacking everything! They just didnt sound clear using are head deck and amp! The bose sounded better with the stock system and intalling after market tweeters in stock location!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by mckma
dude did you see a positive and negative in there ,and do u have any tips on getting in
You are talking about the + an - wires in the stock harness? Getting in there you mean removing the tweeter panel?

Old 03-04-2010, 05:34 PM
yeah , was wondering what it looked like in there before i went in

[

Old 10-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Ok so to sum it all up is it best to get 2ohm or 4 when replacing tweeters. ???