Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Best replacement for crackling tweeters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best replacement for crackling tweeters

Hey guys.

I am about 5 months into G ownership and I'm trying to sort out the little annoying problems with my car. One of these problems is that certain songs, particularly ones with strong mid/bass, make one my tweeters crackle. I know that this shouldnt really be happening, as the tweeters should only see the high freq sounds, but it is. I am not a big audio guy and am otherwise more than happy with the factory bose system on my car. I was just wondering what the best value tweeter would be for relatively simple replacement. I am not looking to install an amp or substantially improve the sound, just want to know if there is a better set of tweeters than the stockers for the money. Thanks.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
if you want cheap and easy go to partsexpress.com or ebay, they are about the same quaility as the bose set up

up from that, maybe some low line sonys or pioneer tweets

Old 02-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
if you want cheap and easy go to partsexpress.com or ebay, they are about the same quaility as the bose set up

up from that, maybe some low line sonys or pioneer tweets
Ok thanks I'm going to try installing nb1 tweeters in the factory spot!!

Old 02-08-2010, 11:11 AM
I've actually been searching for the same thing but am having trouble finding tweets to match the 2 ohm resistance of the factory bose. Here's ones that I'm going to try that should work in the stock locations plus they are 2 ohm:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...BL+GTO17T.html

Old 02-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
you can run a 4ohm tweet with no problem.

you will have less wattage delivered to you tweets, but you will not notice a change

is anything the new 4ohm with less power will sound better than the factory bose

Old 02-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Big audio guy and your happy with a Bose system?

No offense but Bose is over priced and even though its a bit better than factory it is no way as a good as a real aftermarket system. Even in home theaters Bose is crap..

GL with your search though..

Last edited by gsRt5; 02-08-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
you can run a 4ohm tweet with no problem.

you will have less wattage delivered to you tweets, but you will not notice a change

is anything the new 4ohm with less power will sound better than the factory bose
Good point. For me the Bose system is definetly lacking in the 'Highs' department so I'm hoping with the 2 ohm I won't have to set my treble at +5 ALL the time on the HU. And yes, there is a reason why NO BOSE SYSTEM has ever been THX certified.. actually they won't even submit it for testing which is fishy to me. I mean, most supposed 'high end brands' would want that certification for marketing purposes. Bose just knows right off the bat they won't make the cut.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I just order a set of nb1 tweeters! They should be in tomorrow an I will let everyone know how much of a differance the make. To me I think for a stock system the Bose sounds good but just doesn't have the highs it needs!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Ok update!!! I just installed my POWER ACOUSTIK NB.1 TWEETERS in the factory location! Wow wow wow what a differance in sound! At 15 on sound level on factory head deck these teeters sound awsome! It makes the stock tweeters sound like the don't even work! I got these tweeters off eBay for 11.34 shipped!! I took a sound clip at same level before and after on my iPhone just need to figure out a site to upload it on to post here! Anyone know a site to use? I also have install photos I'll post later!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Cool! Thanks for the update. Did these come with any sort of crossover or anything? Or is it just "hook up two wires and done"..?

Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by KevcoG35
Cool! Thanks for the update. Did these come with any sort of crossover or anything? Or is it just "hook up two wires and done"..?
They have a crossover on the tweeter just like stock! just removed the plug snipped the wire about an inch from the stock tweeter an used red barrel connectors and done! then i used the double side tape the tweeters can with to stick them to the stock bracket that holds the stock tweeter in place!

Last edited by extremepowderco; 02-09-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:59 PM
i am in need of new tweeters and am willing to try these out. at what volume level do these start to distort with the stock deck? also is it a big difference in sound from the stock bose tweeters? or slight difference? lmk i want to try these out as well.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by meanthedope
i am in need of new tweeters and am willing to try these out. at what volume level do these start to distort with the stock deck? also is it a big difference in sound from the stock bose tweeters? or slight difference? lmk i want to try these out as well.
Well with my car it was a nice differance!! Both my friends that has an 06 an 03 G35s where like that's nice! They ordered the same tweeters now I have to do there cars lol! These handle 50w Rms each and 100 watts peak each I don't think you will max these out! I was listening to techno and rap everyday and have my head unit at 20 to 25 with no issues yet! The louder u go the better they sound! I did a before and after sound! With out the aftermaket tweeters the stock system sounds a little muddy but they bring the clean it needs!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 02:18 PM
alright cool...i'll take your word for it and try these out. let you guys know how it goes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best replacement for crackling tweeters