Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

rear speakers blown need replacemets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear speakers blown need replacemets

i have an 04 coupe with the bose and My rear side speakers are blown ( not hte ones on the rear deck.) and Im having trouble figuring out what to replace them with. I read somethere that i need 2 ohm speakers since the factory am is 2ohms or something like that. i really dont need anything fancy ( heck ill even take some used factory speakers if you guys got any), i just want something that works well. i also dont mind spending a lil money on some quality speakers if you guys can suggest some. the only thing upgraded on the stereo is the headunit ( eclipse AVN if it matters)

Old 11-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wickedik
i have an 04 coupe with the bose and My rear side speakers are blown ( not hte ones on the rear deck.) and Im having trouble figuring out what to replace them with. I read somethere that i need 2 ohm speakers since the factory am is 2ohms or something like that. i really dont need anything fancy ( heck ill even take some used factory speakers if you guys got any), i just want something that works well. i also dont mind spending a lil money on some quality speakers if you guys can suggest some. the only thing upgraded on the stereo is the headunit ( eclipse AVN if it matters)
So you are running an aftermarket head unti with the Bose amp? In any case some aftermarket speakers such as Infinitys are 2 ohm.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea im running aftermarket headunit with the factory bose amp. do i have to have 2ohm or can i run 4ohm what are the drawbacks?