Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Having trouble wiring my Z110BT, help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having trouble wiring my Z110BT, help?

Ok so I recently buckled down and purchased a Z110bt because I got it for 878$ and theres a 200$ rebate on top so obviously it was a good deal. I have mostly everything hooked up and put together including the PAC SWI-PS but I'm having trouble locating and finding out of the necessity of a few wires. Some help would be appreciated.

First is the Pink speed signal input wire. The manual says to wire it somewhere in the near the engine but I find that utterly ridiculous. I read some things about the location of the VSS wire and am I right in saying the VSS wire is the same one connected to the harness I connected the PAC SWI-PS... the green/white one?

Second is the Purple reverse gear signal input. I read some things about having to wire all the way to the reverse lights at the back of the car but I don't plan on having a backup cam so isnt there a closer wire near the dash I can tap into?

Thirdly, there is the power antenna and remote amp turn on wires. I dont have a power antenna so I'm only going to connect the remote turn on... That's ok?

And is there anyone else besides me that thinks all this extra wiring for the GPS is quite frankly a little ridiculous? Who cares if the car needs to know when you're reversing or not..You reverse for a whole what 5 seconds?

And why wouldnt the GPS be able to figure out our speed by a little something called uhhh... GPS? Why does it need the car to tell the deck exactly what speed it's going? When you buy a Garmin or a TomTom you dont need to start splicing and soldering ****ty wires so what the hell is the deal with this crap? Oh yeah thanks

edit: btw im using this scosche harness not the metra one. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142C4NN...n-Adapter.html

Last edited by Stackz_on_Deck; 03-06-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Yep, green w/white stripe = speed wire.

If you don't have a rear view cam, don't worry about the purple reverse wire, leave it disconnected.

Head units and the wiring harnesses are inconsistent with regards to which wire is the remote amp turn on and which is the power antenna. If you only get sound from the speakers when you're on FM/AM, then you've got the wrong combination.

The speed wire is for when you're going through tunnels or otherwise lose signal. It can't tell exactly where you're going, but based on your reported speed it'll move your position on the same road in the same direction until it regains signal.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Oh, and good work with the price. You did get it from an authorized dealer, right? Otherwise the rebate is null and void.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:24 PM
where did you get that deal? was it from an authorized dealer?

Old 03-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Banned
Yea I got it from 6ave thru amazon.. They've been cutting the price extra aggressively as of late. I swear everytime I look the price goes lower and lower.

Which makes me think.. They don't reduce the price on their website, so would pioneer reject the rebate as it was purchased THRU amazon? There is no notice of amazon anywhere on the shipping invoice, but still...

Old 03-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

So long as you have a receipt from 6th Ave, you're good.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Hey, I was just about to bite the bullet and purchase this through 6ave (It is 1k on their website before the rebate), and I just ran across this post. I doubt that there is a way you can confirm if your rebate is going through, but if you do get word that it worked, please pass on the info!

I know that you said there is no sign of Amazon on the shipping invoice, but could you maybe scan your receipt (leaving out your details ofc)? This would be a deal that a ton of people would hop on as that price is ridiculously awesome.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

If they're still available, do it.

Only 3 weeks left to purchase it, and I have a feeling 6th Ave is going to sell out and be out of them until the Z120 replacement comes out.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Well I kind of remember a bunch of people getting screwed a year or two ago on rebates. 6th Ave automatically took the rebate amount out of the price back when Pioneer did this before and just handled them on their end. I'm not really sure why it would be such a dramatic price difference through amazon unless they were possibly doing something like this again.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...1205005&page=3

This is a thread from people that bought an AVIC from 6ave through amazon last year. If you check there, a lot of people mention that Pioneer will not even honor a rebate on a price that is dramatically lower than MSRP. No idea how Pioneer can really do this, the only line in their T&C that hints at this is " This offer cannot be combined with any other rebates or discounts. " I am having a hard time trying to find the resolution on any of these cases (I can't believe so people can make all of these posts and not state the conclusion of the matter), but again I don't know.

That being said I am kind of a noob to all of this, so any insight on this stuff is appreciated as well (Sorry for the thread hijack OP)

Old 03-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Well, technically any price below the MSRP of 1800 is a discount, so they can always pull that out of their bag of rejected rebate reasons.

But it's worth a shot. Even at $900, that's a good head unit.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Do you think it would be dumb to contact pioneer and ask?

Old 02-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know where the orange/white wire connect to? This is the only wire (besides the reverse signal wire) that I don't have connected to anything.

2) do I connect the black wire on the pac nis2 to the black ground wire?

I am so close to finishing this install, just need help with the above two questions.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Orange/white connects to the orange wire (illumination/dimmer).

Yes. black to black.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:11 PM
thank you

i have another dumb question. when i plug everything in i dont seem to be getting sound from the rear speakers. i see that the blue wire (which i dont have connected to anything) is the power antenna, do i have to connect that to a specific wire? or do i just ground it? is this what will power the bose amp?

now my troubles with the steering wheel. im trying to program the pac swi but it doesnt seem to respond. i got it to blink 3 times once the car is started but when its time to program the steering wheel buttons it doesnt do like in Wrathernauts video. everytime he programs a button the psi light goes on then off. should the steering wheel wire bracket be connected to anything?

i am sooo lost yet sooo close!

Old 02-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Do not ground the blue wire, it's the remote power signal wire. It is used to turn on the antenna amplifier, and the Bose audio amplifier.

Here's a couple of photos to help with the wiring on the SWI-PS:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Having trouble wiring my Z110BT, help?