Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

BAD SCAMMER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD SCAMMER

Everyone beware of dealing with jaerian. He bought used AP racing brake, all new pads and all new NISMO camshafts from me about half year ago, and he has not even paid me anything so far. I even sent him a pair of 7000k D2R and K&N filter for free, because I was very happy the guy buys all my kits at one time. We agreed that he sends the money out right after I send the kits out, and we both exchange the track number, but he did not give me the track number because he said he sent the check with regular mail. I had not received his check after that 3 weeks, he replied that he wrote the wrong address and would resend again. During that time, he received the kits, but some of the pats were lost, and I sent money for him to buy new kit. Even though I still did not receive his second check, he said he wrote my address wrong again. What a stupid guy. I had sent my address to him for about 10 times in right format, clear labels and legible characters. I was still waiting his check until he said his car run into an accident on August because of my defective brakes, which he put on his car. I got licensed mechanics putting them on and worked great on my car, and also got licensed mechanics putting them off. He was like insane and prepared to fight me with law, but finally he said he would send the money to me. I have been waiting my money for about half year since May. I PM him and emailed him a month ago to confirm everything going ok, and tried many time to contact him, got no reply until I said that “this is the last message, if I do not get reply from you in 3 days, I will think you are running. I will be posting the story as you are scammer on web sites.” he replied so quick. He said bullshit again that I sent him defective kits, and his car is still in shop and will sent the kits back after everything gets done, if I defame him, he will do the something to me. You car has been in shop 3 month? If the brakes are defective, they were probably damaged in transit. That is not my fault. You indeed knew that, and you still put them on and got the consequence, that is your insight. I am not responsible for that. I do not believe you anymore, because you have been editing long story. I have been dealing with people on websites with my sincerity and morality, I can not get my 4000 bucks back, but I have to let everyone know your story. I know there are few guys also had the same experience with him.

Here is his information:
Jeremy Operana
xxxx Watermarke Place, Irvine. CA (edited for forums)

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 11/19/04 03:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 11-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Z2G
Re: BAD SCAMMER

lesson learned, when dealing with strangers in a private sell, do NOT allow him to pay with a personal check. it can get lost in the mail or he can easily stop payment on the check. ALWAYS deal with paypal or any other online payment service. especially since you're dealing with several thousands of dollars, why would you send him the items before receiving the money?!?!?!?

your only recourse is to take him to small claims court. sadly though, many states only allow $3000 per claim in small claims court. so, you may not be able to get the full amount. you may want to check that out.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:07 PM

Many many thanks. I have dealt with many nice guys here. I loosde beware whe I dealt with the [censored].

Old 11-17-2004, 01:27 PM

That is the joy of ca. Here the limit is $5000. So every one who got scammed by this guy should file a claim. You can do it over the phone and then claim the expense of travel to la to go to court to have to get your money also. So then it will cost you nothing out of pocket if you can prove and win your case.

Old 11-17-2004, 03:10 PM

The only problem with taking someone to small claims court is that it does not guartantee you will get paid. Even if you win your case, the best you can hope for (assuming they don't show up or volunteer payment in court) is the right to attach a persons bank account. It might be hard to determine where a buyer from the internet keeps his money. But I would still try this.

I think you asked for trouble shipping your goods without payment. Even if you did accept a personal check, most internet sellers would wait two weeks for the check to clear, (even then a check could potentially be stopped, but it's pretty safe). As already mentioned, there are plenty of other more foolproof methods of selling over the internet. As much as I sympathize with you, ('cause this truly sucks!) you really have no one to blame for this loss other than your own lenient sales process.

04 G35s 6MT BS Aero Kit/Nav/Prem
Warning: Objects in Mirror Are Losing!

Old 11-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What about putting a lien? on the vendor?

"Is simplicity best or simply the easiest"

Old 11-18-2004, 09:22 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

me love you long time

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/Z-Tube/double-din<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Ramborami on 11/18/04 06:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>