Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Anyone install a DigitalWheelz Screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 03:18 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's the GOC's DIN adapter (along with nice brushed aluminum border for DVD player faceplate) for the upper glove box.....

The adapter is fabricated from untreated sheet metal (for cost savings of course) so when I got mine, it had a tiny bit of rust on it....no problem

Answer: Spray it with some rust-prevention enamel primer......

I plan on doing this install in a week or so when I have some vacation time.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone install a DigitalWheelz Screen-dinadapter.jpg   Anyone install a DigitalWheelz Screen-ruststop.jpg  
Old 12-11-2004, 03:27 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
The reason why I was concerned about rustproofing the DIN adapter is because when I removed my upper glove box just to get a sneak peek what complexity of an install I was going to have in a week or so, I found MOLD growing on the top surface of the upper glovebox cubby.

YOU MIGHT HAVE MOLD GROWING IN YOUR DASH. I hope Infiniti design took this into account when designing the AC ducts.....

The reason why mold might be growing on the cubby surface could be from the fact that the AC duct that runs to the passenger door vent sits above the cubby and there maybe some condensation that builds up from the cold air. This is a little concerning b/c if I mount my DVD player in the upper glovebox cubby, will the little moisture screw up my DVD player?

AND I didnt want a rusting sheet metal bracket in there so thats why I sprayed it with some rustproof enamel!

Picture #1 is of empty upper glove box bhind cubby door.
Picture #2 is of the actual upper glovebox cubby with mold growing on it!

Attached Thumbnails Anyone install a DigitalWheelz Screen-empty-upper-glovebox.jpg   Anyone install a DigitalWheelz Screen-upperglovebox.jpg  
Old 12-11-2004, 02:08 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mmmm mold. Thats definitly dismaying, it might have something to do with you living in a tropical paradise though I didn't encounter any mold in my own g, but then again it gets pretty freakin cold here in maryland.

Yes, the mounting for the single DIN adaptor is untreated steel, getting it made in stainless steel or something like that was just uneconomical so if you do live in a high humidity enviornment you might want to follow joepaniolo's advice and spray paint it first. The only visible part, the faceplate is anodized aluminum so you shouldn't have to worry about it rusting though.

Old 12-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
webcam placement

GOC,

I thought I would give the webcams a try in each corner of the rear view mirror (pointing to the blind spots). I have 50% ceramic tinting so I hope that will reduce glare etc. If they turn out to be unpractical, then I figure it was worth a try as the cost is so low - besides I would like to use a pair of them to connect my office with my home office so I have an alternate use available. (I will then use the video cable I have in place to mount a 0 LUX rear view camera behind the license plate).

They are currently sitting on my desk - I just got a 7 port USB hub, so I finally have a open port to plug them in. Will let you know how it turns out - sticking them in today.

Last edited by rcdash; 12-12-2004 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not the DigitalWheelz set up ---- I Think the border of the TV is to thick...... Anyway let me know what you guys think....

Old 12-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
does that screen hide away?

Old 12-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by mark5
does that screen hide away?
No - but I can take it out when ever I want ....

Old 12-14-2004, 01:48 PM
god_of_cpu, have you heard of or attempted to incorporate an actuator into the install of the housing so its motorized?? Has the idea ever crossed your mind or is it something your working on?? I am really interested in obtaining a monitor in my 04.5 G35C and have been following the installs and posts regarding the monitors. I live in No. VA and was thinking about the 7'' Xenarc screen just to play DVD's but was wondering if you had anything in the works....??