Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's mine. I lost one cupholder. I angled it so it can be read and it's mounted so the drawer closes over the docking station when the ipod is removed.

Attached Thumbnails Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?-ipod.jpg  
Old 12-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is one of the pics i took. im still trying to figure out how to shoot a pic w/o my flash on the camera for a night shot.

Attached Thumbnails Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?-interior11.jpg  
Old 12-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Old 12-26-2004, 01:01 AM
heres a close up. i think its a better view.

Attached Thumbnails Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?-interior2.jpg  
Old 12-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great! Do you have your docking station hooked up to power? I still haven't decided if I'm going to yet. I might hook it up with a switch so if I need to charge I can but then it doesn't charge every time I dock it. I was reading some articles on the battery life and they say our internal batteries only have about 3-400 charge cycles in them. Apple reduced the service charge to have the batteries changed because of a class action lawsuit but it's still about $100 I think.

Old 12-26-2004, 01:42 PM
thanks. dock is permanently fixed with no charger. i have the belkin charger but opted not to install it. i dont think i will ever drive for 8 hrs straight. if i do, i can always remove ipod and charge.
besides, i needed my cig lighter for the LED connection which you cant really see (the green light under ipod). i need to take a better night shot.

Old 12-26-2004, 06:23 PM
hey fastedy1,
that is exactly what i want to do with my ipod.
i want to hook it up where the oem nav is .
i have the eclipse avn installed and had the installer leave me the hook up in the oem nav bin so i can hook up my ipod.
i want to have the ipod docking station so i can hook the power and the rca-to-stereo line out to it.
can you post some more details, ie.
1. the specs for the black housing in the oem nav bin.
2. how the docking station is fastened to the bin.
3. where did you get the parts.

thanks in advance
sam

Old 12-27-2004, 12:27 AM
thanks chisox23. i will have more pics and info soon.

Old 12-27-2004, 01:55 AM
fastedy - that looks really awesome, good work. i think i'm gonna be putting mine up in that cubby too but its not going to be a permanent fixture. i want to be able to take it out easily and also have it hidden if i wanna just close the cubby door. your install looks really nice and clean though, awesome job.

i think i'll have it mounted to the underside of the door so that when you open it, the player is kinda hanging from it so that its easy to take out but also hidden when closed, we'll see how ambitious i actually get though..

Old 12-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Guys,
I am a dealer for Dension, and they have no plans to bring the IceLink anytime soon. I have the new dealer catalogs and docs for 2005, and it doesn't look good for us.

Old 12-27-2004, 05:32 PM
here are some more pics. i'll be glad to help anyone.

Attached Thumbnails Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?-p1010408a.jpg   Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?-p1010419a.jpg   Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?-p1010411a.jpg   Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?-p1010430a.jpg   Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?-p1010407a.jpg  

Old 12-27-2004, 06:49 PM
hey fastedy1
i am definitely in.
i want to do the same thing minus the LEDS
what kind of bracket is on the ipod dock.and how did you calculate the height of that bracket.
confused with the cardboard with metal and wrapped in leather. how does it fit in the bin,is it just a snug fit or screwed in.

what do you have coming out of the dock,(power and line out) or just line-out???

any help you can send me i would appreciate it.
like specs on the cardboard thingy.
and where did you get the bracket from and how to connect to the dock.

i know, alot of questions , but i want to get started today.!!!
thanks in advance

peace
sam

Old 12-27-2004, 09:58 PM
hi, chisox23. thank you.
look at this pic. this was before i changed the cloth to leather. there is an 'L' shape bracket that i screwed in from the outside.

i HAD to remove the cubby in order to do this. by following ken/kloh's g35ipod.com instructions, i was able to remove the cubby by removing screws that attach the HU to the front panel. this was not easy, but IS doable. i used a 'home depot' deck mounting bracket for this, and made it a little less than 90 degrees - about 75. it is about 1 1/2"x2". again, follow ken's instructions.

the lid is a coardboard cut-out with very thin (yet sturdy) metal taped and formed with a slight curve then taped under the lid then finally wrapped with leather. it is snug fitted over the cubby with about a 1/4" clearance around the ipod. i can remove the lid and put back the existing lid as seen on my other pic.

i have NO power connected. i felt i did not need it. i always keep my ipod charged in the house. besides i needed the cig lighter for the LED hook up. i have the line out connected to the radio shack special y cable connected to the PAC unit.

i really hope this helps you. overall, you need to be pateint, creative and carefull and being a perfectionist helps too.

good luck and feel free to ask me questions!

Attached Thumbnails Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?-p1010382a.jpg   Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?-p1010385a.jpg  
Old 12-30-2004, 09:36 PM
i love that set up fastedy1! great job!

Old 01-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Fastedy1 - That's freakin' nice

I just got my iPod 40g Photo unit... I love it. I got the Belkin Auto Kit wire and 'mounted' it in my center armrest... I drilled a hole through the console (inside the armrest) and ran the wire from my PAC AAI-NIS unit to the Belkin kit, which is plugged in to the cigarette lighter in the armrest. First time that I used that lighter in two years !!

In short: The PAC unit sounds amazing with the iPod running through the Belkin. It is perfect, just like CD sound. I have just one single wire which is connected to my iPod which handles the sound output and the charging.... plus, when you turn the car off, the music pauses and the iPod goes to sleep . It's a simple, yet very effective way to hard-wire the iPod to the car... It is sooo nice to have just one connector, hid nicely away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?