Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?

I just got an IPOD, and am considering getting the pac adapter. I was curious to see where people have installed and placed the ipod, and if anyone has pictures of the actual PAC adapter and its installation. Thanks

Old 12-18-2004, 05:05 PM
I'm looking for the same thing. Also I was wondering, with the PAC unit, would it be possible to use the steering wheel controls to switch tracks on the iPod? I know that another device would be needed, I belive its called the SWI-X. Has anybody tried this setup?

This new Monster iCruze looks like it could be intersting. I want to see exactly how it works and if it is compatible with the G, then I will decide whether to go PAC or Monster.

Old 12-18-2004, 05:38 PM
Try www.g35ipod.com. I think the second installation method is what you are looking for.

Old 12-18-2004, 07:13 PM
thanks a lot...that install looks pretty clean....

Being that my car is leased, do you guys think its even worth it to get this unit, or should i stick with a cassette adapter?

fm transmitters are crap

Old 12-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could use this on a leased car just mount it differently. The connection to the receiver requires no cutting so you can get your car back to stock in minutes.

Old 12-20-2004, 12:09 PM
i'm getting an mp3 player for christmas (creative labs 30gb, no ipod ) and i'm gonna get the pac unit to connect it to the SAT too. i saw the install on that website but i dont want to lose my cupholders so i'm trying to think of a better location to install the player.. any ideas?

i dont want it to be in sight though cause i go to school in a bad neighborhood and if anything is visible, its gone. i was thinking of getting some kind of mounting thing like for cell phones on the right side of the center console so its facing me while i'm driving, then when i get out of the car i can always bring it in with me. but i dont want to keep having to replug it in allll the time. anybody else have some ideas for a hidden place to keep it where i can still see it when i'm driving?

Old 12-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you don't have NAV, possibly the storage space where the NAV would be. That is what I am thinking of doing if I get an IPOD.

Old 12-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by khsonic03
If you don't have NAV, possibly the storage space where the NAV would be. That is what I am thinking of doing if I get an IPOD.
That is where I just installed mine. I got the SoungGate ALNS1 and ICELink cable. It works with the steering wheel controls just fine. The only problem I'm having is alternator whine (which is a big deal). I'll post if I'm able to fix that issue.

Old 12-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
any pics of that LegoDoom?

Old 12-20-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by khsonic03
thats not a bad idea actually, thanks a lot.. i dont have NAV and don't see myself anywhere in the near future getting a screen in there, i don't have enough money for that. although i'd lovvve to get the digitalwheelz unit, once i get $500 to spend though..oh well, i can dream.

i'll have to figure out how i can get the player the kind of "pop out (or up)" when the screen opens so i can see it and use the buttons while driving. right now i just have my EZPass in there so i'm sure it'll be able to fit with both.

Old 12-20-2004, 10:20 PM
i will have my AAI-NIS installed hopefully by next wed. i am designing a custom housing bracket that will fit in the 'coin/misc item' compartment and and house the ipod dock.
this installation will be much like ken's over at g35ipod.com(great job btw), except it will be a 6mt rather than 5at.
i will let you how it goes if you wish.

Old 12-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by fastedy1
i will have my AAI-NIS installed hopefully by next wed. i am designing a custom housing bracket that will fit in the 'coin/misc item' compartment and and house the ipod dock.
this installation will be much like ken's over at g35ipod.com(great job btw), except it will be a 6mt rather than 5at.
i will let you how it goes if you wish.
definitely take some pictures and let us know....

i am thinking of installing the pac unit myself..how long do you guys believe it would take for a first-time dashboard taker-aparter to finish the job?

Old 12-21-2004, 04:25 PM
It doesn't take long. Maybe an hour or two. That doesn't count making a custom bracket.

Old 12-22-2004, 01:07 AM
I actually sold Ken at g35ipod.com his PAC unit the first week they were shipping out... He has by far, the most professional looking iPod install in any car from what I have seen. I know he doesnt have the controls (IceLink) like other cars - but his looks down right CLEAN.

As a side note, I just received my dealer catalog/books for Dension (IceLink) this week. They are dated pretty much through mid-'05 I guess.... No Nissan or Infiniti products are listed.

My post of like 6 months ago was right. It doesn't seem like they are even working on these...

Old 12-25-2004, 02:51 AM
hi guys. MyG, im not sure about the couple of hrs (at least not for me) but my car right now looks like someone broke in and vandalized it.
i started fri night, but not finished yet. perhaps its because i'am spending a lot of time on the ipod dock install. i am installing it in the empty 'cubby' where the NAV would be. i think its going to look ok, especially when i put the LED's in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?