Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2005 | 08:38 PM
I get discounts thru my work for the iPod i think like $20~ off let me know if anyone ever wants one.

Old 03-30-2005 | 10:58 PM
1.) is there any device that will interface with the steering wheel track selection and enable the IPOD to change tracks?

2.) With the PAC unit does the head unit volume still control the volume?

Thanks

Old 03-31-2005 | 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by melodicskys
1.) is there any device that will interface with the steering wheel track selection and enable the IPOD to change tracks?

2.) With the PAC unit does the head unit volume still control the volume?

Thanks
Ok,
1.) There is a device (PAC SWI-X)that will control the ipod through the steering wheel controls, but that is the only function it will then do (please note that the SWI-X works with devices that only have IR sensors).

Also: It will not be able to control the factory unit anymore if you do install the unit. Most people have decided NOT to go with this option - since it's probably not worth the "convenience". Plus, you need a IR remote sensor for the iPod, and that will just make it bulky (and it looks goofy).

2.) And yes, the PAC Audio Aux unit (PAC AAi-NIS) is controlled through the headunit (volume). For example - you can be listening to the SAT source (your AUX) and the volume will be controlled just like any other source (like CD).

Old 03-31-2005 | 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by ikSardarG
Ok,
1.) There is a device (PAC SWI-X)that will control the ipod through the steering wheel controls, but that is the only function it will then do (please note that the SWI-X works with devices that only have IR sensors).

Also: It will not be able to control the factory unit anymore if you do install the unit. Most people have decided NOT to go with this option - since it's probably not worth the "convenience". Plus, you need a IR remote sensor for the iPod, and that will just make it bulky (and it looks goofy).

2.) And yes, the PAC Audio Aux unit (PAC AAi-NIS) is controlled through the headunit (volume). For example - you can be listening to the SAT source (your AUX) and the volume will be controlled just like any other source (like CD).
thanks for the info, thats just wat i needed to know.

Old 04-03-2005 | 10:25 PM
does anyone have mounting tips for the nav-cubby without using the Docking unit? I'll be using the belkin auto kit and would like some tips.

Since I'll be using an iSkin that has a clip i think i could utilize the clip somehow to give it some stability.

Old 04-04-2005 | 04:45 AM
Originally Posted by ikSardarG
Ok,

You can actually hook up a SWI-X to the built in lead on the AAI-NIS and the steering wheel controls and much of the headunit's controls will communicate with the SWI-X only during SAT modes. Of course you will not be able to use this if you have or plan to keep SAT radio, but if you do this, you will not lose any steering wheel remote functionality during non-SAT operation.

PAC also has a Aux-Pod device that they are working on, but I don't see a listing for a Nissan/Infiniti application. Looks like other versions interface well with the factory systems and will allow control through steering wheel mounts as well as through the headunit's buttons. They seem to be able to do everything from choosing tracks, to powering the iPod on and off in conjuntion with choosing the source from the headunit. Not to meniton it charges the iPod at the same time. You may look into this and see if they might be working on one for the Nissan/Infiniti.

Old 04-04-2005 | 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by CKwik
You can actually hook up a SWI-X to the built in lead on the AAI-NIS and the steering wheel controls and much of the headunit's controls will communicate with the SWI-X only during SAT modes. Of course you will not be able to use this if you have or plan to keep SAT radio, but if you do this, you will not lose any steering wheel remote functionality during non-SAT operation.
Nissan/Infiniti.
So this changes things a little for me now, for the better. Is there any documentation on how to set it up as you say so I retain my controls for non-Sat mode?

Thanks!

Old 04-05-2005 | 02:46 AM
From what I hear, it's fairly simple. I'm still waiting for mine along with other parts I need to complete the XBox install. I'll know more when I get to play with it.

Old 04-15-2005 | 09:02 AM
I'm getting my iPod installed this Monday (April 18). I'll post some pics afterwards.

Chris

Old 04-19-2005 | 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by choboter
I'm getting my iPod installed this Monday (April 18). I'll post some pics afterwards.

Chris
How does your install look? Do you have any pics?

Old 08-16-2005 | 03:04 PM
OK so regarding this. What if I want to have to have say a Roady 2 and a iPod installed over the same AUX (SAT). will the PAC AAi-NIS support this out of the box, or can I add something to it to switch between the two? You know, like a toggle button to switch between iPod and SAT? I know what I'm trying to do, I just don't know how to do it. I already have a Roady 2 and an iPod so I don't want to buy the built in SAT tuner unless I have no other option. Is it even possible to use your SAT tuner once you plug in the PAC AAi-NIS along with your iPod?

Any help would be appreciated! Also, I don't care about controlling my iPod via the steering wheel b/c I'm going to mount the inline remote control in the console somewhere which will do everything I need.

Thanks!
shade73