Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ikSardarG
Fastedy1 - That's freakin' nice

I just got my iPod 40g Photo unit... I love it. I got the Belkin Auto Kit wire and 'mounted' it in my center armrest... I drilled a hole through the console (inside the armrest) and ran the wire from my PAC AAI-NIS unit to the Belkin kit, which is plugged in to the cigarette lighter in the armrest. First time that I used that lighter in two years !!

In short: The PAC unit sounds amazing with the iPod running through the Belkin. It is perfect, just like CD sound. I have just one single wire which is connected to my iPod which handles the sound output and the charging.... plus, when you turn the car off, the music pauses and the iPod goes to sleep . It's a simple, yet very effective way to hard-wire the iPod to the car... It is sooo nice to have just one connector, hid nicely away.

I am confused. How do you have only one wire that charges and sends a music signal? Don't you need the 3.5 headphone jack plugged in the top of the ipod to send signal to the the pac? What does the amplifier do that comes with the Belkin kit? Do you have pics of your install?

Thanks for reading

Old 01-03-2005, 04:20 PM
i believe what ikSardarG is saying is that the 3.5 rca cable he has, is connected to the belkin kit (which has a 3.5 input) that goes to the cig lighter. i have it connected to the ipod dock itself. but i did not install the charger as i do not need to charge in the car. i charge at home.
he still has the PAC unit installed and hardwired.
am i right ikSardarG?

Old 01-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Can you use the Belkin vent adapter? I didn't use it, but used plastic wire ties to attach my XM unit to the left upper vent, and it looks great. I'll post pictures when I can.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:58 AM
Hey guys, do you think that the stuff used to do this project is compatible with the 2005 coupe?

Old 01-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I just istalled my IPod Mini using the AAI-NIS by Pac Audio and it's awesome!
Here are the Pics - http://www.ezwebsite.org/Page.asp?PID=2625

Old 01-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Very nice job brmhowar! enjoy!

Old 01-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by brmhowar
I just istalled my IPod Mini using the AAI-NIS by Pac Audio and it's awesome!
Here are the Pics - http://www.ezwebsite.org/Page.asp?PID=2625
nice install...what kind of mount did you use? like what are you using to hold your ipod onto the dashboard?

Old 01-08-2005, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by fastedy1
i believe what ikSardarG is saying is that the 3.5 rca cable he has, is connected to the belkin kit (which has a 3.5 input) that goes to the cig lighter. i have it connected to the ipod dock itself. but i did not install the charger as i do not need to charge in the car. i charge at home.
he still has the PAC unit installed and hardwired.
am i right ikSardarG?
OK I think you are right.

The Belkin Auto Kit is a line-out feed and a charger in one... .Its like the dock itself, but it is a cable only. One end is the dock-like connector for the iPod side and the other side of the cable is a cigarette lighter adapter. If you have the Belkin kit, than you can feed sound using either the headphone jack (like most people do), or you can use the line-out which now will run through the Belkin cable to the cigarette lighter. The cig. lighter end has a line-out jack on it... From there, I ran the line-out through the armrest in to my PAC AAI-NIS unit (hidden in the console). One important PLUS to note is that the line-out on the Belkin is AMPLIFIED with an adjustable output level as well. I was expecting some cheapy amped up sound, but to my surprise - it was very good quality.

Here's a pic of the Auto Kit (there are two or three different ones with different features, but this is a versatile one for us G owners):

Hope that helps!

Old 01-08-2005, 10:32 AM
I need some mounting tips...I can't decide where to put my player or even how to mount it anywhere. I was thinking of getting some kind of cell phone mount and modifying it to hold it, but I'd rather do it easier. Anybody know of any really good universal mounting systems?

Old 01-09-2005, 03:57 AM
I took a regular clothes hanger and bent it a little to clip into the air vent then used some padding so the ipod would be secured and not slide around. next i secured the vent so it would not move, finally i spray painted it black and clipped it into place, then ran a power adapter through the vent from the ciggy lighter underneath. Took me about 30 mins total and I dont have much experience with installing anything. If u need any more pics or have questions let me know

Old 01-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by brmhowar
I took a regular clothes hanger and bent it a little ...
OMG. I have to see pics of this... How does it look? Is it stable in the car or does it shift around??

Old 01-10-2005, 10:53 AM
This thing might work too

Old 01-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Old 01-16-2005, 11:32 PM
chisox_23

chisox_23 see attached sketch on ipod install. i will have dimensions for you tommorow. thanks for your pateince.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ipodlid.pdf (31.6 KB, 334 views)
Old 03-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Anyone else get to do an install ??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Pics of IPOD Install w/ PAC?