Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bose HU with Infinity amp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 07:28 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose HU with Infinity amp

I recently ordered a 7540 Infinity amp (111 RMSx4) with 6.1 Perfects for the front and 6x9 Kappa's (693.5i) for the rear deck. Not sure if I should do anything for the passenger's backseat speakers??

My question are: 1) Do I need a LOC for this setup with the Bose HU? And if not, do I tap into the wires berfore or after the Bose amp?
2) Does EQ units like the DDC really make a difference?
3) I want to order the PAC AAI-NIS to hookup I-Pod and future DVD later, Am I able to do this with above products.
4) What to do with passenger's speaker's?

Thax's in Advance

Old 12-20-2004, 10:02 PM
I am thinking about purchasing the same amp, not to sure on the speakers yet. I am surprised that you replace the 6x9's instead of the 6.5 rears. It seems that most people change the rear 6.5's. Let me know how this sounds as I am not to sure as to which rear speakers to remove and which to use.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:33 AM
G#%SanDiego, I will start the install today and let you know. If possible I will try to take some photos. Little discouraged on the responses from other forum members

Old 12-23-2004, 10:35 AM
G35SanDiego, Sorry about the G#%

Old 12-23-2004, 11:39 AM
No problem, good luck on the install and post pics as soon as you can. I too am looking at a couple infinity amps.

Old 12-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Let me know how it turns out, i just ordered 4080's sub enclosure and will be ordering some kappa perf 6.1s myself for the front and some 6.5" coax's for the rear. undecided on the 4ch amp for the components but i think im going to get a lanzar vibe241 for the infinity 10.1d sub in the trunk. Im told LOC is the way to go but i wasnt told where to connect either.

Old 12-24-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Mantis
Let me know how it turns out, i just ordered 4080's sub enclosure and will be ordering some kappa perf 6.1s myself for the front and some 6.5" coax's for the rear. undecided on the 4ch amp for the components but i think im going to get a lanzar vibe241 for the infinity 10.1d sub in the trunk. Im told LOC is the way to go but i wasnt told where to connect either.
Do a search in the forum on the LOC installs that many members have done. It goes between the Bose HU and the new amp that will hopefully replace the crap stock amp. I don't see why you need to use the new infinity amp alongside the stock amp if you got enough channels to power all your speakers. As for mounting locations, I think most members agree that mounting the LOC in the trunk is easier to deal with. Some amps can take a direct line from the HU to the amp, but you'll need to splice those outputs with RCAs to go into the amp inputs. Goodluck...

Trending Topics

Old 12-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by shibal_z
Do a search in the forum on the LOC installs that many members have done. It goes between the Bose HU and the new amp that will hopefully replace the crap stock amp. I don't see why you need to use the new infinity amp alongside the stock amp if you got enough channels to power all your speakers. As for mounting locations, I think most members agree that mounting the LOC in the trunk is easier to deal with. Some amps can take a direct line from the HU to the amp, but you'll need to splice those outputs with RCAs to go into the amp inputs. Goodluck...
for my setup, I'm replacing the stock bose amp, it's a must for me. the bose amp doesnt provide the wattage needed, nor the clarity i desire for my new setup. I did some research, outside this forum, on LOC placement. The best location for the LOC depends on your personal speaker config, and which speakers you are replacing. I'm going to be replacing 4 component speakers so i'll need 2 LOCs for that job. Getting directly behind the HU is a pita so i think ill wire them into the door panels rather than the truck, but we'll see as i look into it more.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:52 PM
This may not be the question to post here but i will ask anyways. I herd that if you have a OEM NAV you can not get a aftermarket headunit to replace the bose because the NAV is tied into the bose system. Is this true?

Old 12-26-2004, 11:33 PM
for my amp (see my sig), you don't need a LOC
just see if the amp you want has high level inputs, if it does, you don't need it either.

and tap before the bose amp. The bose amp does some high pass/low pass crap, amongst other filtering. You don'[t want that crappy amp to affect your better infinity amp

Old 12-26-2004, 11:35 PM
oops, guess my sig got deleted with this whole new website and all... anyways, here's the line from my old sig that had the stereo setup

Infinity KapPerf6.1, Ref 6002si, 5760 6-ch AMP.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Pics of the install

Removal of the existing speakers were pretty easy. The passenger seat speakers were not replaced and I now just Kappa 6x9's on the rear deck and Perfect 6.1 in the doors powered by a 7540 4 channel infinity amp.. The reason I decided not to put 6 1/2" in the back seat were because of the depth from the brackets.(see pics) At 3am I realized that the mounting rings supplied with the 6.1 speakers (front doors) were not going to fit. So I modified the brackets from the passenger seats, by cutting off the legs extentions to make them flat and used them on the fronts. I also installed a OEM-1 and a AAI-NIS (for those who have a SAT button with no sat. this will allow you to have two extra aux RCA's inputs for DVD or IPOD. Pulled off dash and hooked up the two wiring harnesses and ran the OEM-1 by the gear shift lever(5at)not sure about 6mt. see pic. VERY IMPORTANT To tap into the front door existing speaker wires use must splice into the wires off the AMP located in the trunk driver side. For 2003 wire colors for the front doors Driver Green/Silver+ and Red/Silver- and for the Passenger Gray/Silver+ and Yellow/Silver-. Once powered up use have to adjust the amp. Also with the 7540 Infinity Amp you have the ability to bypass the LOC because the amp has High power inputs if you so choose. If anyone has problems send me a PM and I will try to help..... Tired Non-Strereo Installer

Having problems sending photos ...need help file sizes exceed 2.0 can't reduce