Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Navi Screen RGB/CSync picture problem/Ground loop?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navi Screen RGB/CSync picture problem/Ground loop?

Hello,
This is going to be a long shot. I don't have this car, but i seem to be having the same trouble as a member called "takinover" in this very old thread below!

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...nav-mod-2.html

I have an old navigation deck which doesn't have an RGB Input, but thought i'd have a go at modding it so that RGB components can be added, like "takinover" was trying to do with the XBOX. I was planning on connecting a WinCE Carputer that i have to the deck, but it uses RGB. The deck and the carputer both support 480x234 res.

I was doing well, the WinCE box has R,G,B,CSYNC wires and i was lucky enough to find a wiring diagram for the flip screen deck. The diagram shows the R,G,B and CSync signals on the main circuit board.

I've soldered everything together, and am getting a good picture, but just like "takingover" i am seeing a solid black bar moving up the screen, and flickering vertical/slanted lines. In the thread above (2005) it was mentioned about a ground loop, but it seems there was no conclusion to the problem, or nobody reported back with what the solution was.

Can anyone help at all?

Thanks,
James.