Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Pioneer AVH-P8400BH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I tried to use the trim it was a mess! it didn't even fit around the stereo to use the 'removable screen' so I cut it to work, and then tried it on the stereo in the car and had more cuts it really was a waste from pioneer to include it, I like the skosche trim the no gap is a bonus! but can you reach the button with it on? I probably wont even remove the screen but its a nice feature?

Edit...
I looked closer at your pictures do you have the stereo further back? so you cannot even get the screen detached? hard to see how you did that, mine sticks out a bunch for the button.

Last edited by Mikesta; 04-04-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: additional question
Old 04-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by kei
@Top Teke, looks good! I bought the 4400BH and wonder if I'm going to have the same problem with the gap and the Pioneer trim. Is the trim from Skosche specifically for the 8400BH or do you think it will work with the 44BH too?

Can you link me to the trim? If it doesn't cost too much I'm probably just going to buy it.

Thanks!
Kei,
here's here's
the Skosche universal trim ring. It's not specifically for any receiver; but yes I'm sure it will work great. The key is that you need to also cut the outer edges of the trim ring as well to match the taper of the JDM/Metra trim.
\| deck |/

Originally Posted by Mikesta
but can you reach the button with it on? I probably wont even remove the screen but its a nice feature?
I looked closer at your pictures do you have the stereo further back? so you cannot even get the screen detached? hard to see how you did that, mine sticks out a bunch for the button.
That was my concern as well but it worked out fine. Here's a couple pics of where my deck sits in the console. I'm not sure why mine would be further in than your but I'm happy with where it is.
Name:  IMG_1593.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  138.8 KB

And the motorized faceplate

Mikesta, are you using iPhone 4? I remember you said you didn't have factory bluetooth - I seem to get disconnected every so often and I'm curious if you've had the same problem?

Old 04-04-2012, 01:38 PM
yours is much more 'flush' then mine, Can you reach the release button for the screen? so you can take it off? I see that you have no problem with it opening but I mean the screen coming off completely one of the features...

Old 04-04-2012, 01:53 PM
My bad, new video

Old 04-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Oh... I didn't know you could do it like that! this changes EVERYTHING I thought it had to be closed to unlock! so maybe I need to change my install spot. learned something new today

Now I don't know if to change it or leave it be. I prefer how yours looks compared to my install. but I would need the trim

Last edited by Mikesta; 04-04-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Opps I just seen your question, I am using iphone 4s with no disconect problems playing music or on the phone.. I did notice when I had the phone closer to the back of the trunk it wasn't as good of a connection but its fine up front in drivers seat.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Word. We'll see if it still does it after I rewire the bluetooth then.

I'm not sure why yours would sit differently though, did you have to drill any holes or anything? I was only able to use 3 of the 4 screws on each side but I'm fine with that.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:15 PM
It's because how I did it... the release button is pretty far back if you do not open the display first (almost to the metal trim) so it sticks out pretty much the entire plastic front it looks kind of retarded but I thought I had to do it that way to allow me to release the screen.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:24 PM
I see. Well maybe it's worth it then. If it's any consolation I'm going to be taking mine out again to install my backup cam; the cable that it comes with is too short.

Did you wire up the parking brake since while you wait for the new relay part to arrive?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah I'm going to buy the scosh kit and use that I guess. sucks I didn't realize before but whatever it happens luckly my friend has amazon prime and can order it me.

I didn't do anything with the parking brake as I ordered the new relay thing hoping that works so I'll just take it all out at that point and change things. I did my backup cam last night.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah I'm leaving parking brake alone until that relay thing arrives as well. Nice, do you have pics/helpful info from the backup cam install?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I do! to tap in for the backup wire from the radio to only turn backup camera on during backing up, you use a purple wire from the driverside kick panel, there is a huge FAT black loom full of cables carefully open that up and look for a purple cable there is two one is in a smaller collection to the other, you want the other not from the small cable collection (I hope that helps) also test the cable when you do it to be 100% sure with a multi reader, Change the stereo setting to be battery so it only turns on when in reverse.

At the back of the car there is a rubber gromit feeding the tag lights, you can use that to push the cables into the trunk. I used the power from the backup light at the back of the camera so it only comes on during backing up its also a dark purple on the light.

I always wish I took pictures during install and never do. sorry I hope it helps though

Old 04-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Yes that definitely helps. So then the only cable I need to run from the deck to the camera is really the RCA for video output? Was there a ground you used from the tail lights as well?

Old 04-04-2012, 03:08 PM
yeah I just have the RCA ran, and there is a ground at the tail lights you can use. on the drivers side is where I got connections there is two grounds right by the light I used that.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:59 PM
kei
Originally Posted by Top Teke
Kei, here's the Skosche universal trim ring. It's not specifically for any receiver; but yes I'm sure it will work great. The key is that you need to also cut the outer edges of the trim ring as well to match the taper of the JDM/Metra trim.
Thanks! Just placed the order.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH