Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Ipod integration factory HU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sandaluv
yes you can. the sat connection is just a simpler alternative to removing HU. trust me ive researched it plenty. those BB people dont know what theyre talkin bout or they want to sell you a new unit. the usa-spec pa15-nis will connect to the back of the factory bose unit. theres a detailed diy somewhere in here ill look
I called Infiniti and they told me the only way i could possibly have an ipod connection was by putting in an aftermarket head unit.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
if you have the money yeah go for it. you will be replacing parts of your dash as well and it aint cheap. I was under the impression you wanted to keep your bose HU . good luck

Old 04-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Aberto22
exactly!! i plan on doing a double din with bluetooth and possibly nav
That would be sweet. But if you can, get one that has a removable faceplate because those aftermarket head units are easy to steal. And usually spark someones interest in giving your car a good rummaging around because they might think you have a sub/amp setup as well.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by EbbAndBlow
Yeah I thought it was weird. Technically all you need is an extra AUX port in the back of the head unit which most factory HU have at least one. Even older cars from the late 90's and early 00's come equipped. It just needs to be utilized. But steering wheel controls might not be useable if you just go with the AUX port.
correct. you can buy a cheap ipod for your car that's usually what people do this will allow you to use the steering wheel controls

Old 04-23-2012, 01:45 PM
I will do some research this week. I really hope there is a way to do it to my Bose HU. Seeing a you guys seem to know what your talking about I'll keep searching. Thanks for all the input. I should have an answer by the end of the week

Last edited by Aberto22; 04-23-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:58 PM
your frustration is felt by many. do your research. youll find that what I told you is right on. look for that diy and if you're a little handy you might be able to do yourself and save some money

The following users liked this post:
Aberto22 (04-23-2012)
Old 04-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Yes, like Sandaluv stated, you can do it with the stock head unit by just going for an AUX adapter. The audio quality will be just as good. Although functionality like picking songs and playlists will still need to be done manually on the iPod/iPhone itself. And best of luck to you on your research. Hopefully the DIY can get you what you want. If not, the aftermarket head unit will be more than up to the job.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe this will help you out: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...pa15-infi.html

It looks pretty straight forward. Plan on ordering the pa15-infi later this week.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by G35RVA
Maybe this will help you out: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...pa15-infi.html

It looks pretty straight forward. Plan on ordering the pa15-infi later this week.

i put mine in on sat. it went well. hardest part was fishing the cables under carpet and through center console. the unit is under my rear seat kinda towards the middle. i discovered theres enough room under the center console for it but i didnt want to fish the cables through again. pita! 1 other thing the radio button might not recognize the unit initially. if this happens , then go ahead and unplug the power cable and replug it this did the trick for me . good luck

The following users liked this post:
G35RVA (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by sandaluv
i put mine in on sat. it went well. hardest part was fishing the cables under carpet and through center console. the unit is under my rear seat kinda towards the middle. i discovered theres enough room under the center console for it but i didnt want to fish the cables through again. pita! 1 other thing the radio button might not recognize the unit initially. if this happens , then go ahead and unplug the power cable and replug it this did the trick for me . good luck
What position do you put the switches on the box set to? I just want to use the iphone in unlocked mode so I can play Pandora and the Sirius app. No reason to pay for 2 Sirius subscriptions since internet app can play on the AUX piece in the car after its added.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't have an ipod at the moment . i have an android phone and an mp3. I bought a 6 foot long 3.5 millimeter jack and used the auxiliary input on the unit for now. but i did run the ipod cable as well so ill be set for any device. all four switches are set to the on position. but the instructions will tell you what combinations to use for your particular device. which reminds me of why I put the box under my rear seat.easy access for switching . by the way I completely agree with you on sirius satellite .

Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I don't plan on using the iPhone connection since its not good to charge then unplug then charge etc all the time. Like to give a good charge once at night and that usually lasts the full day. Ill do what you did and run an extra long 3.5mm cable for audio.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:53 AM
usa spec pa15-NIS is the answer for those without the SAT button on the bose Headunit!!!!

Old 09-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by Aberto22
usa spec pa15-NIS is the answer for those without the SAT button on the bose Headunit!!!!
The only difference between those with and without sat buttons is the label on the button. The radios are all the same. Being plugged into a SAT adapter changes what that button does.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've searched and searched and this is the closest thread that is close to the dilemma I'm facing...

I have the Bose (NO SAT or Nav), meaning the 4 buttons along the top of my stereo read "CD, Tape, FM, AM", not necessarily in that order, but I wan to install the GROM bluetooth kit (just put one in my Honda Odyssey), but I do not have the notorious "SAT" button.

My question is, can I just purchase a used factory Bose HU with the "SAT" and it be a direct plug-n-play swap (no modifications) so I can pursue the bluetooth route?

I want to retain the factory appearance, yet utilize the steering wheel controls for bluetooth streaming and hands-free calling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.