Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inline Equalizer with IPOD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inline Equalizer with IPOD?

hi guys.
i need some help. i would like to install just an equalier for my ipod. did some internet searching but didnt come up with much.

all i want to do is add an inline equalizer that would go in between the IPOD line out cable and the PAC unit. thats all, i dont want to add any amps or rewire any speakers. i want to place the EQ in my upper glovebox.

thanks for your help. see the attcached sketch in a WORD DOC. THANKS!

Attached Thumbnails Inline Equalizer with IPOD?-p1010426a.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: doc
ipod doc1.doc (24.5 KB, 168 views)
Old 01-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Any particular reason you are looking to add and equalizer? I am planning on hardwiring an ipod in the next couple of weeks, are you not happy with the sound?

Les

Old 01-09-2005, 08:50 PM
The sound is great! Nothing beats a hardwire connection for an IPOD. However do to the different vbr's mp3's are recorded in hi's, low's, mid's can vary from track to track, or album to album. Not to mention those 'Live' albums. I think they are the worst in quality.

I need something simple, yet effective (oximoron?).
thanks!

Old 01-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Where would you mount the EQ?

BTW: Your installation looks great.

Have you seen any other placements for the ipod in an Auto Coupe with/Navi? (Besides the cup holders that ipodG35 uses?) I am getting a 60GB photo ipod hopefully before the end of the month and I have no idea where to mount it.

Les

Old 01-10-2005, 02:15 PM
thanks for the compliment. i would mount it in the upper glove box.
if you want to hide the wires, the only two places that i know of are in the nav cubby or in the cup holder as you stated. if you dont mind the wires showing, you can use one of those universal mounts that can just about be mounted anywhere.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm hoping to modify the ashtray holder to hold the dock, Ken from ipodG35 says it might be doable with some heavy modifications to the ashtray. I don't use the ashtray for anything else so hopefully it might be possible. What I like about that is being able to hide the dock when you pull the iPod out.

Where are those Monster Garage guys when you need them!!!

Les

Old 01-11-2005, 12:17 PM
hey ljorges, there is a whole thread on this 'ashtray' setup somewhere here. do a search. you cannot place the dock in the ashtray, because it will be unstable thus the ipod will disconnect all the time. you would need to remove the ashtray itself and build a mount for the dock that would permanently fixed.

BTW.....does anyone have an answer on my original question? i need help on this otherwise i might just go the whole 9 yards with the upgrade.

thanks!

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2005, 01:15 PM
fastedy1
I don't have my ipod yet. They are saying on the 24th, so I'm not sure how things are setup on the ipod but... Is the jack that outputs the signal on the top of the ipod? Is that the main reason for even using the dock, to get the jack on the bottom?

When you say "remove the ashtray" are you talking about the black insert or the whole ashtray?

Thanks,

Les

Old 01-12-2005, 12:03 PM
You could proably use any car audio EQ between the aux input and the line output of the ipod. Even though you're using it in a different way, it's still just a line level signal. Although I'd suggest replacing the Bose amp and putting the EQ before the aftermarket amp, so the EQ works for everthing, not just the iPod.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:21 PM
thanks djrobx for your reply & your suggestion. i might very well do just that.
thanks.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:46 PM
There is a eq built in to the ipod. Go to main menu -> settings -> eq -> and choose.
If you are trying to fix the lows, you can cancel it by choosing the trebel booster.

Old 01-12-2005, 09:01 PM
thanks for that info Ianbiz. you learn something new everyday. although i should have known this by 'exploring' my ipod, i never really did.
lousy weather in NY so i have been driving the saab, but will find out how it sounds in a few days.

but i did notice when i choose an eq setting, i.e. acoustic, then just hit menu to exit, there doesnt appear to be anything indicating so. i wonder if you can only choose just ONE setting btw.

thanks for the tip!

Old 01-13-2005, 04:32 PM
You can scrool around in teh eq list. I prefer the electronic EQ. you get good highs and lows.

Old 01-15-2005, 02:04 PM
Have you tried it out yet??

Old 01-16-2005, 10:42 PM
yes i have Ianbiz. thanks for the tip. however, i think in the spring i might be upgrading the speakers and adding a sub and an amp.

two of the best features of this ipod install is that i never have to look down to change songs, so the road is still in my direct line of site. And with the led lights in the evening it looks awsome. not to mention the original lid pops right back on when i remove the ipod.

Attached Thumbnails Inline Equalizer with IPOD?-p1010430a.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Inline Equalizer with IPOD?