Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Need Help with Wiring.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help with Wiring.

Alright, so I'm splicing everything together before the dash piece comes in. And on the Pioneer harness that came with the headunit there is a orange/white, blue/white, yellow/black, and violet/white that I can't figure out which one connects to what on the Metra harness. On the Metra harness I have black/white, blue/white, orange, orange/black, and blue. The blue/white match, but the features confuse me on the instructions.

Pioneer Harness:
Yellow/black - says Mute (which I probably won't use)

Blue/white - says System Remote Control but on the Metra it says Amp Turn-On (also says in instructions- Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC)

Violet/white - Reverse Gear Signal Input (see nothing like that on the Metra)

Orange/white - says Connect to lighting switch terminal
Code:
Metra Harness:
Black/white - Amp Ground
Blue/white - Amp Turn-On
Orange - Illumination
Orange/black - Dimmer
Blue - Power Antenna
Kinda confused on what goes where. Do you see the problem I'm running into? Pic down below. And if I don't use a couple cords, do I just electrical tape the end? Stupid questions, but its my first time doing this stuff. And the head unit is a AVH-P1400DVD.

And also, is there a video or something on how to splice the AXXESS together with everything, like the 12V red cord and connecting it to the 4th and 13th pin in the car?

Last edited by icrazy2u; 06-04-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:25 AM
Quick Update on situation:

Just read a thread that said I crimp the orange/black to the black/white... but there was a picture attached, and it looked like it was crimped to the black ground from the Pioneer harness... is that what I'm supposed to do? If so, does this mean I don't ground the black to any metal?

And the only two cords I have left on the Pioneer harness would be the yellow/black mute wire, and the violet/white wire to reverse gear signal input. Where do does the violet/white go, cause I won't be using the mute wire would I?

And lastly, how exactly do I wire the Axxess into the "pins" that it is talking about? Pin 4 and 13 and grounding pin 11.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by icrazy2u
Alright, so I'm splicing everything together before the dash piece comes in. And on the Pioneer harness that came with the headunit there is a orange/white, blue/white, yellow/black, and violet/white that I can't figure out which one connects to what on the Metra harness. On the Metra harness I have black/white, blue/white, orange, orange/black, and blue. The blue/white match, but the features confuse me on the instructions.

Code:
Metra Harness:
Black/white - Amp Ground
Blue/white - Amp Turn-On
Orange - Illumination
Orange/black - Dimmer
Blue - Power Antenna
Kinda confused on what goes where. Do you see the problem I'm running into? Pic down below. And if I don't use a couple cords, do I just electrical tape the end? Stupid questions, but its my first time doing this stuff. And the head unit is a AVH-P1400DVD.

And also, is there a video or something on how to splice the AXXESS together with everything, like the 12V red cord and connecting it to the 4th and 13th pin in the car?

Originally Posted by icrazy2u
Quick Update on situation:

Just read a thread that said I crimp the orange/black to the black/white... but there was a picture attached, and it looked like it was crimped to the black ground from the Pioneer harness... is that what I'm supposed to do? If so, does this mean I don't ground the black to any metal?

And the only two cords I have left on the Pioneer harness would be the yellow/black mute wire, and the violet/white wire to reverse gear signal input. Where do does the violet/white go, cause I won't be using the mute wire would I?

And lastly, how exactly do I wire the Axxess into the "pins" that it is talking about? Pin 4 and 13 and grounding pin 11.
Amp ground gets tied with all the other grounds.
Amp turn-on connects to system remote control.
Illumination doesn't get used.
Dimmer goes to dimmer.
Power antenna should go to the red switched power that powers the radio. This wire actually powers the antenna amplifier, which requires more power than the power antenna *SIGNAL* wire from the radio puts out, so using the blue power antenna wire will result in poor radio reception.

The Axxess connects to wires on a completely different harness.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:39 AM
I was told to just tape off that black/white wire thats used for Amp ground. Guy said it was for factory radio mainly with an amp, like the Bose systems. I don't have Bose. Should I ground or tape up?

And my metra kit said that dimmer should be orange/white, but I just have a orange for Illumination and I spliced that to the dimmer on the Pioneer harness, is that fine? Only other light wire I have is a orange/black that is the dimmer ground. What should I connect to the Pioneer orange/white wire?

And your saying take the blue power antenna wire and splce it with the rest of the red V12 wires right?

lol, sorry for so many questions, just trying to get everything straight before I start. Thanks a lot man.

Last edited by icrazy2u; 06-06-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:13 PM
@icrazy2u
Did you ever find out the answer to your question, "And lastly, how exactly do I wire the Axxess into the "pins" that it is talking about? Pin 4 and 13 and grounding pin 11."

I am working on installing a new HU and have the exact same question about what "pins" are to be used.