Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
anyone here with experience in installing isimple ipod and aux kit for a 2005 g35 coupe xm radio with it. I have an iphone 5s. i connected everything up the aux cable is in port one and the ipod cable in in port two. i can hear crystal clear music from the aux cable but when i hook up the 30 pin adapter to my iphone it only charges it and dosnt play music at all. what can i do please help. i think i read somthing that i need to disconnect the SAT cable from the back or somthing. Im not sure. I dont use xm radio so that dosnt matter

Old 09-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by Vanessarino
I want to get my phone connected to my car. No nav no bluetooth. Which one should I but all I need is decent sound quality and ability to be controlled by steering wheel (skip pause play )
What phone?

For android, if you want it controlled via steering wheel, your best option is the GROM unit with the bluetooth adapter, since that lets you pause and skip via the steering wheel buttons. All the other units simply give you an analog input with no control capability.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
What phone?

For android, if you want it controlled via steering wheel, your best option is the GROM unit with the bluetooth adapter, since that lets you pause and skip via the steering wheel buttons. All the other units simply give you an analog input with no control capability.
IPhone 5s, is the GROM kit gonna make me able to control music using the streering wheel? Decent sound quality? Charges phone?
Just by and install? Do you thinks its an easy DIY?

I have the "SAT" button if that helps.
Thanks for the reply

Old 09-28-2014, 11:09 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

IPhone 5s, is the GROM kit gonna make me able to control music using the streering wheel? Decent sound quality? Charges phone?
Just by and install? Do you thinks its an easy DIY?

I have the "SAT" button if that helps.
Thanks for the reply
The PA15-NIS and PAC ISNI571 both work with the 5s, but you need apple's 30pin-to-lightning adapter, similarly, the grom-USB2-NIS2 needs the GROM iPod cable and a 30pin-to-lightning adapter.

Installation isn't bad, just check out the radio removal videos from this post: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

Old 09-28-2014, 05:46 PM
The PA15-NIS and PAC ISNI571 both work with the 5s, but you need apple's 30pin-to-lightning adapter, similarly, the grom-USB2-NIS2 needs the GROM iPod cable and a 30pin-to-lightning adapter.

Installation isn't bad, just check out the radio removal videos from this post: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html
And it is controllable with the steering wheel right?

Old 09-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

And it is controllable with the steering wheel right?
Yep.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i have the simple pxamg with the ispdc11 iphone cable. i had to use a 30 pin adapter for my iphone5s
it charges but dosnt play music. the aux cable works fine and plays music but when chaging on the adapter aux cable dosnt work. what can be the issue??? i have xm radio but dont use it. 2005 g35 coupe

Old 09-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Yep.
Ok so lastly, I'll just buy this kit http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_adapters/nissan_infiniti_usb_android_ipod_bluetooth_adapter _direct_digital_interface.html and a 30-pin to lightning connector, remove radio and install?
Do I need to follow the double din installation or the ipod input one?
I have no nav option no led screen. I have the SAT button though.
Is the double din trim necessary (do i need to buy it?
Edit: What is the ext 1 and 2 for?
I have and Iphone and my dad has an anrdroid, can I use an apple cable on ext 1 and android on ext 2 to prevent cable switches all the time?
Will the grom adapter be "trapped" inside of the radio system and needs to be unscrewed everytime to take it out or is it set outside or is it my preference to where I hide it?

Thanks alot for your help!
Im a noobie, 3 weeks with the G and can't stop loving it increasingly everytime I see it!

Last edited by Vanessarino; 09-29-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Addtnl question
Old 09-29-2014, 10:35 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by BenitesG35
i have the simple pxamg with the ispdc11 iphone cable. i had to use a 30 pin adapter for my iphone5s
it charges but dosnt play music. the aux cable works fine and plays music but when chaging on the adapter aux cable dosnt work. what can be the issue??? i have xm radio but dont use it. 2005 g35 coupe

What adapter are you using? If it's not a real apple one, it's possible it's just a charging-only adapter.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:43 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Ok so lastly, I'll just buy this kit http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_a...interface.html and a 30-pin to lightning connector, remove radio and install?
Do I need to follow the double din installation or the ipod input one?
I have no nav option no led screen. I have the SAT button though.
Is the double din trim necessary (do i need to buy it?
Edit: What is the ext 1 and 2 for?
I have and Iphone and my dad has an anrdroid, can I use an apple cable on ext 1 and android on ext 2 to prevent cable switches all the time?
Will the grom adapter be "trapped" inside of the radio system and needs to be unscrewed everytime to take it out or is it set outside or is it my preference to where I hide it?

Thanks alot for your help!
Im a noobie, 3 weeks with the G and can't stop loving it increasingly everytime I see it!
Follow the DDin install guide to get the radio out and connect the GROM to the back of the radio.

You aren't replacing the radio, so you don't need any double din trim.

You can place the unit wherever the cables reach, but there's no reason to need to get to it when you can run both cables to an easily accessible location.

According to the manual, it can have both an iPhone and an android phone connected simultaneously (page 3).

Old 10-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For anyone considering a Grom unit... Grom has announced the USB3 car kit for iPhone 6/Plus support. Grom orders for USB3 and BT3 are $20 off using checkout code LOVEFALL thru 10/30/14. (I'm not in any way involved with Grom, just a satisfied customer.)

Old 10-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
I have a 2005 coupe, it has the sat harness in the trunk, drivers side, under the black trim piece and carpet. It has Bose stereo, but no "SAT" button, though I read that you just keep hitting the "RADIO" button instead.

Going to get a PA15-INFI to go in the trunk and use my iPod nano that has been sitting around unused for years.

Great info on here, thank you all!

Old 10-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Ejgold55
This connects to the trunk harness (I'm pretty sure from looking at the pictures) and has a USB for an android/USB stick, iPod/AUX-IN and bluetooth......I'm an iPhone hater and have been looking for an easy way to hook up the android.....does this look legit to all you audiophiles at there?? Also forgive my mis-understanding, but the AUX-IN is for my factory SAT to plug into?

So, is this correct for non-ipod users? If so, where can it be found?

Old 10-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Purplevike
For anyone considering a Grom unit... Grom has announced the USB3 car kit for iPhone 6/Plus support. Grom orders for USB3 and BT3 are $20 off using checkout code LOVEFALL thru 10/30/14. (I'm not in any way involved with Grom, just a satisfied customer.)
Dangit I bough it 2days before I saw this and only use the $10 coupon.
Gonna install the USB3 by GROM tomorrow or Saturday.
I originally bought the USB2 but it does not support plugnplay with the lightning cable (you should buy the IPOD cable and a 30-pin to lightning cable.
So I returned it (refund process ongoing) and bought the USB3 for convenience.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:52 PM
I have a 06 coupe with Bose and Sirius Satelite.
I just want to go the easy cheap route and tap the satelite adaptor in the trunk with an Aux cable.

Name:  20141012_174630_zps74a8f88a.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  66.4 KB

Name:  20141012_175346_zps332f9c9c.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  50.5 KB

I am still a little confused, where to splice.
Any help will be appreciated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio