Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do any of these allow you to control the iPod from the DVD/navigation screen?

Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Cjyoung05
No you can't control any of these from the nav unit. A couple of them allow you to control from the head unit and steering wheel and thats it.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Cjyoung05
If you're thinking of the touchscreen on the 07+ sedans or 08+ coupes, you're in the wrong forum.

If you're talking 03-07 coupe or 03-06 sedan, the answer is no.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:32 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Where is the OEM sat module located? I popped the liner off of the trunk and didn't see it. I didn't take the whole thing out but I just didn't see it in there. I have an '06 coupe with a BOSE stereo without navi and all of that. I'm about to just take it to Car Toys and let them charge me $130 just to install the OEM iPod kit that I already have.

My deck looks just like the one in this picture:
Name:  Overall_Dash_New7.jpg
Views: 19599
Size:  149.5 KB

The installation seems simple enough. I'd rather avoid having to take it to Car Toys and get ripped off and just do it myself if possible.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 350GT_
Where is the OEM sat module located? I popped the liner off of the trunk and didn't see it. I didn't take the whole thing out but I just didn't see it in there. I have an '06 coupe with a BOSE stereo without navi and all of that. I'm about to just take it to Car Toys and let them charge me $130 just to install the OEM iPod kit that I already have.
On my car (05 with nav) its under the left black plastic thing in the trunk. You have to take out the spare and take two nuts off to remove the plastic bit.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by 350GT_

My deck looks just like the one in this picture:

The installation seems simple enough. I'd rather avoid having to take it to Car Toys and get ripped off and just do it myself if possible.
I don't think you have the module, but the harness for the coupe should be where Ben35 mentioned.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:16 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Hey Wrathernaut, i'm hoping you can help me. I have an 04 non bose that is not wired for SAT.

I picked up the pac15-nis unit.

Once i was finally able to pull my cd player out i was extremely surprised with how many harness connectors i had on my stock unit.

There's 4 on the back two up top/two on bottom...do you know the breakdown on what they're for? Also to add to the confusion there's an additional harness on the right side of the stock deck that runs back to the firewall from the front-side of the unit. Have no idea what it is for either.

I was expecting two harnesses and an open one for my SAT connection. I however hooked up the pac15 harness to the top harness and plugged everything back together. Obviously it's not working lol..when i hit the sat button i get the "no sat" error so i'm assuming i didn't tap into the correct harness..

An image for reference, i used the top portion

Last edited by JaE35; 03-23-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by JaE35
Hey Wrathernaut, i'm hoping you can help me. I have an 04 non bose that is not wired for SAT.

I picked up the pac15-nis unit.

Once i was finally able to pull my cd player out i was extremely surprised with how many harness connectors i had on my stock unit.

There's 4 on the back two up top/two on bottom...do you know the breakdown on what they're for? Also to add to the confusion there's an additional harness on the right side of the stock deck that runs back to the firewall from the front-side of the unit. Have no idea what it is for either.

I was expecting two harnesses and an open one for my SAT connection. I however hooked up the pac15 harness to the top harness and plugged everything back together. Obviously it's not working lol..when i hit the sat button i get the "no sat" error so i'm assuming i didn't tap into the correct harness..

An image for reference, i used the top portion
They're for all the various functions, the bigger ones do the power and audio signals, the smaller ones have the steering wheel controls navigation voice, satellite adapter communication and speed sensitive volume. The top one does the climate controls.

There's two harnesses that go through the PA15 - look at the instructions in the manual - http://usaspec.com/userfiles/editor/...l_singlepg.pdf - page 12.

The following users liked this post:
JaE35 (03-24-2013)
Old 03-24-2013, 12:54 AM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
I know exactly what I did wrong now lol thanks!

Old 04-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
noob question,which adapter exactly for the sat equipped cars with bose.;

Old 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Ah...helpful links. Thanks OP.
I'm gonna take a look at mine now..since the CD player took a **** 2 months ago..
I assume I'd have to get the option 2 for the Infiniti, since mine is the Bose equipped?
One more question-if I get this
Amazon.com: iPod to Factory Radio Interface    PA15-INFI USA Spec PA-INFI iPod Interface: Car Electronics Amazon.com: iPod to Factory Radio Interface PA15-INFI USA Spec PA-INFI iPod Interface: Car Electronics
I assume after hooking it up, I'd need a separate charger kit for my Iphone 4? Like a car charger?

Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Donger
Ah...helpful links. Thanks OP.
I'm gonna take a look at mine now..since the CD player took a **** 2 months ago..
I assume I'd have to get the option 2 for the Infiniti, since mine is the Bose equipped?
One more question-if I get this
Amazon.com: iPod to Factory Radio Interface PA15-INFI USA Spec PA-INFI iPod Interface: Car Electronics
I assume after hooking it up, I'd need a separate charger kit for my Iphone 4? Like a car charger?
You can use either the INFI or the NIS. To quote the original post:
Whether your factory radio is the Bose "Premium" audio system or the non-Bose "Base" system, the options are identical.
PA15-INFI charges too.
Originally Posted by http://usaspec.com/product.php?ProductID=57&forceShowProduct=1
Works with and charges iPhone (3G, 3Gs, 4, 4s), iPod Classic, Nano, and Touch.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
^thanks a bunch

Old 04-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Is there a way to wire my kit up so that it charges without having to spend any money? I heard that there was some sort of voltage converter or something for $30-50 but I was wondering if there was a cheaper way (DIY).

Old 04-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can i still go for aux input if my bose system is not working fine? Just last week i got check disk error on bose system. I think the cd player system is toast. So instead of getting a new double din, can i just get a aux attach to this? Will it still work? thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio