Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
^ I don't think so. I believe the AUX input plugs into the back of the deck. However, if your radio still works even though your CD player's messed up then it might work.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by g35_white
Can i still go for aux input if my bose system is not working fine? Just last week i got check disk error on bose system. I think the cd player system is toast. So instead of getting a new double din, can i just get a aux attach to this? Will it still work? thanks
Yes, you can go this way, but just keep in mind the advice from the first post - these radios die pretty easily, so you might be just throwing money away keeping it going rather than saving the money for a replacement radio. If it's a mechanical fault in your cd player portion of the radio, an aux adapter can buy you some enjoyment with your radio until something else breaks, but if it's the power circuit that's killing the electrical components of your cd player, the rest of the radio could go any time.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i tried installing the mis-1503-nis on my gf car and now i dont seem to have power(dash lights windows) when key is in acc but works when key is in the ign position. does anyone know what i may have left unplugged or a fuse being blown? i didnt really get a chance to look last night since i ended up finishing at 12 last night. thanks in advance for the help

Old 07-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
I would simply like to add iPhone integration to my 2006 coupe w/ bluetooth phone capability... this is all stock. Can I upgrade the bluetooth to be connected w/ music or am I able to plug into the back of my stock HU to "just" change songs from the HU and the iPhone itself?

What would be best for me?

Thanks,
Urban

Old 07-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Is best buy good

Is best buy a good stereo place?

Old 07-25-2013, 11:51 AM
USA Spec Installation

Hi, there. I recently attempted to install my iPod kit but I ran into some problems taking the dash apart. Anyways I didn't get far as i managed to remove the gear shift trim on my 06 5AT (Yes, i KNOW ) but unfortunately I wasn't able to remove the connector which attaches to that trim piece. Can anybody advise me on how to unclip this connector.

P.S. Does anybody know the part number for the C-Clip (Gear shift clip). Knucklehead me managed to drop it in between the seat and the centre console.

Attached Thumbnails How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-infi1.jpg   How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-infi2.jpg  
Old 07-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I have one in my Nissan Frontier and I have the Type 2 that I have yet to install in the G, is there a way to mod the cord or ? that will allow 5v charging WITHOUT that stupid crossover on the plug?

Old 07-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

You just insert a screwdriver right below the push-tab. Push hard and rotate at the same time, it'll separate them enough that you can then just pull the two halves apart easily.

Attached Thumbnails How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-infi3.jpg  
Old 07-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Thank you! When I tried that I saw the plastic flexing and I didn't want to snap it incase that wasn't the proper way to open it. BTW What about the black piece on the other side of the clip which holds the two parts together?

Old 07-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by CanadianNoob
Thank you! When I tried that I saw the plastic flexing and I didn't want to snap it incase that wasn't the proper way to open it. BTW What about the black piece on the other side of the clip which holds the two parts together?
It shouldn't be holding them together, just holding the one side in place.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

An '06 coupe here with the sat in the back but no special buttons up front. Just radio. So the "iPod to Factory Radio Interface PA15-INFI USA Spec PA-INFI iPod Interface" hookup will plug into attachment 1 and then also run to the head unit? Or just sat in back... That would be may Bueno. I want to be able to set a playlist and go + play pandora on an IPHONE 5 <Assuming this is a problem>. Should I just buy the 30-pin > Lightining adapter? Thanks Wrathernaut and others.

Attached Thumbnails How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio-image.jpg  

Last edited by Urbanengineer; 07-30-2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: I'd rather not go into detail...
Old 07-30-2013, 01:17 AM
Received 218 Likes on 187 Posts
Interested in running an aux for my 03 coupe with bose w/nav....Wanna play pandora on my phone through the radio. How do I do this(whats needed)?

Old 07-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ItsA..Gthing
Interested in running an aux for my 03 coupe with bose w/nav....Wanna play pandora on my phone through the radio. How do I do this(whats needed)?
You start by reading the first post of this exact thread, which answers that question.

If you want a more specific answer, you need a more specific question.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Received 218 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
You start by reading the first post of this exact thread, which answers that question.

If you want a more specific answer, you need a more specific question.
I did read it,but im not exactly stereo inclined...Was wanting the easiest route,which was thinking the plug and play option..Going in the trunk of SAT..but not sure on how this works..Just don't want the hassle of pulling head unit out if possible..Sorry im a stereo noob

Old 07-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

In response to your answer to 'Its a g thing,' I asked a specific question asking if the plug "Only" goes through the sat prewire box in the back. I'm asking because I don't want to have to deal with pulling out the HU if I don't have to.

Also, what should I do about my iPhone 5?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio