Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

05 Double-DIN kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they have to pay for it. thats just how it goes. when you get something installed you should expect everything to work the same as it did before they did it. if not they have the right to fix it before you have it fixed by someone else and stick them with the bill. one way or another they have to pay. dont get me wrong, **** happens, it does to everyone, but we allways pay for our mistakes.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cloud
so I paid around 420~430ish for the installation...,the stereo shop wouldn't have made any profit out of the installation on my car. This is my first time trying to account for someone elses responsibility(always had parents to do the dirty stuff, yeah don't flame me, everyone has their first time) and it feels really bad.
if they have insurance, the money wont come out of their pocket... dont worry about THEM, worry about the piece they broke on your car!!!!!

Old 11-06-2005, 03:07 AM
During the process of installation, they were messing with some wires behind where the head units supposed to be, and I saw all my displays, headlights, taillights, brakelights going crazy on and off. They fixed it, but I'm wondering what it was. They spent some time fixin it, like maybe trying to get the wiring into the harnesses right. But it seemed pretty weak, cause one time, I saw them move the harness or wires just abit, then the lights and displays went crazy again. I want to make sure I know what they're doing and I'll appreciate it if someone can tell me.

Old 11-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by cloud
During the process of installation, they were messing with some wires behind where the head units supposed to be, and I saw all my displays, headlights, taillights, brakelights going crazy on and off. They fixed it, but I'm wondering what it was. They spent some time fixin it, like maybe trying to get the wiring into the harnesses right. But it seemed pretty weak, cause one time, I saw them move the harness or wires just abit, then the lights and displays went crazy again. I want to make sure I know what they're doing and I'll appreciate it if someone can tell me.
the only way those lights could light up from behind there is if they would send 12volts to the illumination wire. why they would have any reason to do that is beyond me. that wire is ment to send 12volts into the radio to dim it not to be sent out into the car. chance are that it wouldnt hurt anything in the car, but im interested in why they would have the lights doing that in the first place.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Yeah it seemed so sensitive, just one touch and all the lights and displays went crazy. I'm just worried that it might happen while I'm driving...

Old 11-25-2005, 11:27 PM
i have a question for you guys who have done the conversion.
Why is is necessary to buy the jdm climate control?
i've spent about an hour going through alot of repetitive posts

Old 11-26-2005, 01:43 AM
Banned
the a/c controller is attached to the headunit... take the stock headunit off and the a/c controller goes with it.

thusly, you need to buy a seperate a/c controller unit!

Old 11-26-2005, 03:47 PM
_jb
Photographer

This has to be one of the most asked DoubleDin dash questions. Maybe a few pictures will help a bit.

Here is a picture of the non-Bose headunit out of my 2005 G35 Coupe. You can see that the stereo head unit and air conditioner controller come out in one block.

Here is the same unit from the back. You can see the green circuit board running from the stereo up to the air conditioner controller in one piece.

Here's a closeup showing the circuit board between the two units.

As you can see... you can not remove the stereo head unit without removing the air conditioner controller too. Fortunately the Nissan Skyline has a DoubleDin option and the air conditioner controller and dash trim piece fit our G35's perfectly.

I hope this helps!

Old 11-26-2005, 03:54 PM
KFM
Originally Posted by _jb
This has to be one of the most asked DoubleDin dash questions. Maybe a few pictures will help a bit.

Here is a picture of the non-Bose headunit out of my 2005 G35 Coupe. You can see that the stereo head unit and air conditioner controller come out in one block.

Here is the same unit from the back. You can see the green circuit board running from the stereo up to the air conditioner controller in one piece.

Here's a closeup showing the circuit board between the two units.

As you can see... you can not remove the stereo head unit without removing the air conditioner controller too. Fortunately the Nissan Skyline has a DoubleDin option and the air conditioner controller and dash trim piece fit our G35's perfectly.

I hope this helps!
I have an 06 G35x with that same headunit, which I guess means it's a non-Bose. I do not have dual climate controls. Do I need any other parts besides the A/C controller and the DD finisher? Those two parts do not seem to be more than $200. Can I use a single Din aftermarket head unit with the existing brackets? Thanks.

Last edited by KFM; 11-26-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:47 PM
thanks guys, i really appreciate it

Old 11-26-2005, 07:00 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by KFM
I have an 06 G35x with that same headunit, which I guess means it's a non-Bose.
I'm not sure the G35x (all wheel drive Sedan?) is exactly the same as the Coupe... I'm also not sure the 2006 is the same as the 2005... I'm pretty sure on both, but certainly not sure enough to tell someone to buy the parts.

Originally Posted by KFM
Do I need any other parts besides the A/C controller and the DD finisher? Those two parts do not seem to be more than $200.
I suggest you ask Yoshi exactly what parts you'll need for a 2006 G35x. Here's a portion of the E-Mail I got from Yoshi with the prices I paid:

Code:
Thank you for asking. Yes, we deal in the Nissan (Infiniti) parts. The price
of the 2005 double din dash kit is,

68260-7W000 (Double Dash Aluminum) :59.39USD
27500-AC500 (AC Controller) : 286.00USD.
Shipping cost : 39.00USD
5% commission : 19.21USD
Total : 403.60USD
Originally Posted by KFM
Can I use a single Din aftermarket head unit with the existing brackets? Thanks.
I don't think you need to change the bracket for either Single or Double Din conversions. You'll need to cover the other hole if you go Single Din. I kept the bracket and it worked fine for my Double Din installation.

Old 11-27-2005, 12:46 PM
KFM
Originally Posted by _jb
I'm not sure the G35x (all wheel drive Sedan?) is exactly the same as the Coupe... I'm also not sure the 2006 is the same as the 2005... I'm pretty sure on both, but certainly not sure enough to tell someone to buy the parts.

I suggest you ask Yoshi exactly what parts you'll need for a 2006 G35x. Here's a portion of the E-Mail I got from Yoshi with the prices I paid:

Code:
Thank you for asking. Yes, we deal in the Nissan (Infiniti) parts. The price
of the 2005 double din dash kit is,

68260-7W000 (Double Dash Aluminum) :59.39USD
27500-AC500 (AC Controller) : 286.00USD.
Shipping cost : 39.00USD
5% commission : 19.21USD
Total : 403.60USD
I don't think you need to change the bracket for either Single or Double Din conversions. You'll need to cover the other hole if you go Single Din. I kept the bracket and it worked fine for my Double Din installation.
I wont need to do any of the sodering if I dont have dual climate controls, correct?

Old 11-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Banned
^correct^

Old 11-27-2005, 09:51 PM
KFM
Has anyone purchased the DD finishing kit and A/C controller from Grubbs? Their prices seem to be lower than the prices cited below.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Banned
yeah people have, but they tend to be backordered most of the time... check before you pay for it to make sure they have it in stock.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 05 Double-DIN kit