Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

'06 Coupe Audio Setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 Coupe Audio Setup

Ooo look another thread on audio setups. Just bought the car about week ago and appears I didn't properly test the audio or the driver side 6.5" died sometime from when I test drove it till sometime recently. This car has pretty much every bell and whistle sans nav.

Alright so here's the plan of attack. (keeping costs minimal as possible but trying to keep quality)
For now keeping the stock HU, I already have a set of Focal 165 VR (poly line purchased from amazon a few years ago that I never installed into my old car), and looking at the Focal Solid 4 amp ($199 ebay). Now that amp is pseudo-balanced which doing some homework looks to be fine for running with differential-balanced off the HU and is not far from the size of a std letter sheet.

As far as the rear speakers I have no idea where to go on those as I cant decide on what placements to keep (seems like the rear sides are the choice here if you keep any and drop the 6x9's). And from there cant decided if I want to do component and mount tweeters in the car or just do some 2way coaxial speakers. PC 165, 165 CVX, or possibly another set of the 165VR.

One of the main goals is I would like to keep the look as stock as possible in cab and in the trunk to keep luggage space as I do need to tote some stuff around and would not like to damage anything as well so being able to mount under the trunk carpet is a priority if possible.

Eventually I will think of tossing a sub in but that is later down the road when jobs change. I do have a spare 12" MTX old school thunder (03/04 model i believe) that had a custom ported box (which i am pretty sure will not fit) and was wired up with 1500w amp (wired down to 3-400) that I no longer own. This was a really good sub. Though I am thinking I'd move to 10"(s) instead.