Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Ground Kits for the aesthetically conscious ones?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ground Kits for the aesthetically conscious ones?

For those that have done any type of wire tucks or are conscious of the looks of their bays how did you deal with your grounds?

I ask because most people run your typical wire to case or the obvious ground octopus to battery which does not interest me a bit.

When I tucked the engine harness I ended up using 2 4ga 6-8 in cable from the block to the subframe, very little or no resistance at all however I've seen in most vehicles from the negative post come out 2 wires, one to case and another to the engine/transmission case.

The G35 has a single wire going to case and though it looks obvious it should work that way these cars do develop grounding issues. I mean there are only a handful of cars that ground the Exhaust and the g35 is one of them. On V36s infiniti installed a sensor on the ground wire because of these issues and if im not mistaken there should be a tsb affecting FX's that the fix is to add better grounds.

Anyways Im looking to add an extra ground to my battery post that is not noticeable! Would love to see ya'lls setup.