Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Driver side speakers not working.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We replace the trannys all the time, its the clutches we charge for. Funny thing is, whenever a car comes in for a cltuch 9 times out of 10 we warranty the trans and slave cylinder, and charge for the clutch. When the customers come in we just park the car on the back lot and order the trans and clutch parts and so on, we dont even look at it because 99.99999999999999999% of the time its the same deal.

With a supercharger your now f-ed on any thing powertrain related. More HP, is more stress on the clutch, trans, drive shaft, u joints, rear end, and axles. Now that the engine is drastically modified you can forget check engine lights being looked at under warranty as well. Yeah, you do have it documented that the trans was grinding into 3rd, but I can garuntee you that nissan will argue that it was an intermitant problem that goes away with the break in period. But whos to say that they will even see the supercharger? When I do clutch jobs I dont even lift the hood, no need to. I can honestly say that its entirely possible that I have replaced the clutch on a superchargerd vehicle.

Id talk to the guy and see what he can do for you. Everytime the customer has tried to bargin with us we usually go along with it as long as its not unreasonable. Offer to pay for the labor if they can get the part warranty or somthing like that. The reason that they cant give you the part is that your not nissan/infiniti certified to work on a g35 so the quality of the install is questionable. If the part does fail later whats to say it is an actuall part failure, or bad install? Yeah, the line about being certified is BS, but it covers their ***.

Old 03-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Never enough
Thanks for the info, Ill talk to him and see what he says!

Old 03-31-2005, 04:21 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
hey g35 mechanic, will i void my radio warranty if i changed my leds on the center console to a different color?

Old 03-31-2005, 11:54 PM
the ones in the control pannel? or the red one near the clock?

Old 04-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Never enough
Originally Posted by accordfreak
hey g35 mechanic, will i void my radio warranty if i changed my leds on the center console to a different color?
My guess would be no. Has nothing to do with the unit itself. BUT whos knows, seems like if you mod anything near anything and its causes them to void it,lol.

Old 04-01-2005, 12:40 AM
To be honest, I dont think ive even ever looked at the LEDs that light up the thing because im trying to think of how they are installed, but im drawing a blank. If you just pop them out and pop new ones in you should be fine, if you went and wired it all on your own making connections to the curcuit board then your more than likely screwed.