Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Driver side speakers not working.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Never enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver side speakers not working.

Just noticed that they are not working. I have the Bose system. Whats the best way to test that side from the deck?

Old 03-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This has happened to me twice. It only occurred in CD mode. The fix was a replacement Head Unit from the dealer.

Good Luck

Old 03-27-2005, 12:17 AM
OMG, I thought I was the only one with the driver side speaker problem. I was thinking of bringing in my 2004 Red G into the dealership on Monday to get it fixed. At first I thought the Bose system on the G was a piece of crp. Then just last week I played around with the "balance" option on the head unit and believed it was a defected stereo system. Now, maybe its just a piece of shish after all.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:16 AM
Dealer ship should take care of it samething happen to mine. jut tell them what is wrong either its the wiriing or defected dedk

Old 03-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I had the same problem as well. Just like every one eles said, take it to the dealer and tell them you need a new Head Unit.

Old 03-28-2005, 01:32 AM
yeah. The first couple thousand 03 sedans have perfect audio systems, then infiniti got cheap and cut costs when it became such a good seller. The stock unit is manufactured by clarion. When yours goes bad all you do is go in and they fill out the form and you come back a week or two later when the remanufactured unit arrives. Yes you have to go another week or so with a bad radio, but its better than no radio. Then when it does come in you get a notice in the mail saying to come in and we replace it and send back your defective unit to get remanufactured, while we re-install a remanufactured unit. If you have any CD's in there try to get them out because if not it will be another 3-4 weeks for you to get them back from calrion. These audio units are absolute junk. We get remanufactured ones that dont work. If you bang on the pannel on the side of the console where the audio unit is it may start to work again. BUT BEWARE...if youve modified your center console they may want you to give instructions how to remove certian parts so they are not dammaged. And if youve modified the audio system in any way you will run into issues with the warranty claim. I dont know what you have done so I cant give you a deffinate answer.

Last edited by G35Mechanic; 03-28-2005 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:38 AM
Never enough
Ive just done the Pac unit and thats it! What dealer do you work for? Must be cool working for Infiniti!!

Old 03-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Sorry, but I dont talk about where I work for many many reasons. Its cool working for infiniti, most importantly my dealership because we do a lot of work directly with the engineers and what not that no other dealers get based on our normally 95%+ customer satisfaction scores. Ive driven, worked on, and seen prototype cars you guys would absolutly die for.

Pac unit?

Old 03-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Never enough
Thats coo, the pac unit plugs into the back of the HU so you can add dvd audio or mp3 audio. It uses the sat button.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:46 PM
You might run into a problem with that. Without seeing it I cant give a definate answer. Pics?

Old 03-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Never enough
It just plugs in, a TON of members have them. No cutting or anything.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Never enough
I guess if its a problem Ill unplug it and take it in. Why is it that infiniti is so quick to blame something on mods? Lets say there is a TSB on somthing that they know is wrong with the car. But you have a mod near that part. Why do they trip? They get paid the same right?

Old 03-29-2005, 01:29 AM
Honestly...your right, I still get paid the same. But take for example a QX56 I had to work on (they are f-ing piles of crap BTW). The A/C vents in the overhead console broke. No problem, replace the overhead console under warranty. But the guy had 2 aftermarket flip down DVD players that were rescesed into the overhead console. So not only do I need to replace the center console, but I need to cut apart and cut to fit 2 DVD players and re-wire it all and re install it all. But Im still getting paid the same as if it were a stock vehicle and running the risk of messing up big time. In that case its much easier to just turn the customer away.

Honestly, it would be super easy to just unplug it and not have any hassle about a modified audio system. We have cars come in for replacement audio units and they have done their own wiring on the back of the circuit board, deffinatly no warranty there. If you do have aftermarket speakers and complain of the speakers cutting out, thats gonna be debatable. And if you choose to protest a denied warranty its a long battle with nissan tearing the car apart and when all is said and done you may end up paying big $$$ for the inspection if the mod did infact cause the failure.

Knowing what I know about warranty claims, id unplugg it. Why not use this as an excuese to go with somthing aftermarket?

Old 03-29-2005, 02:54 AM
Never enough
True I see your point. I know this car like the back of my hand. All the mods you see in my sig were done by myself,Everything! Sometimes I just wish they would give me the replacements so I could do it myself. But Im sure they wouldnt do that. I use to work for a wheel shop that did elk grove. I know Victor pretty well, the parts manager. I called him a few weeks ago. I told him I was having problems with my tranny and that it was grinding 3rd, not all the time but sometimes. I wanted to know what his thoughts were. He said he was pretty sure there was a TSB on the 03 for the tranny. I said cool! I then said I was in the middle of installing the Super charger. He said I better get it in service before installing it. Well I was in the middle of installing it so that was a no go! He then said I might have a problem. This is what I dont understand! The car had the problem and its a know problem with the car. BUT because Im installing the SC its now a big deal! My SC has nothing to do with the grinding of gears. I hope when I take it in I dont have a problem. If I do I dunno what Im going to do.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:56 AM
Never enough
Oh yeah, I like the stock unit. I like the dash and fitment. I would hate to screw the look up with something aftermarket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driver side speakers not working.