Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

My New Stuff: elemental designs + Diamond Audio + 4080 box (with Pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tomheo
Thanks SagiSRP.

It ended up running me a little over $2100 total.
amps = $405
sub = $175
4080 box = $335 (that's including shipping)
front components + coaxs = $480
2 LOCs = $50
Optima = $180
misc including labor, wires, sound proofing, etc. = $535
I'm really happy with everything and I don't think I'll ever need to upgrade (though I might add a JL Cleansweep to see if it makes any difference).

Thomas
I live in OC too, did Soundavice give you a hard time at all about not buying the equipment there and just having them install it?

Old 05-21-2005, 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by jtrudeau
I live in OC too, did Soundavice give you a hard time at all about not buying the equipment there and just having them install it?
Nope, not at all! I HIGHLY recommend them. I got the run around from a lot of local shops in LA...one place told me it would take them two full days to do what SoundAdvice did in about 4 or 5 hours and another place told me they had to see/listen to my subwoofer box before they could give me an estimate on the install?

You should PM Rudy...he gave me a quote via PM and even let me schedule my install via PM!

Hope this helps.
Thomas

Old 05-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice setup....

Old 06-16-2005, 05:38 PM
I am thinking about just switching out all my speakers for boston acoustics, has anyone done this? Also what is currently the best ipod adapter for the 05 sedan and do you think sound advice would have done that install?

Thanks,
Louis

Old 06-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Espresso
I'm having problems find this adapter online or at local audio shops. Can you make this adapter by using regular RCA cables or does anyone have an alternative?
i bought some UTP RCAs... cut them in half and voila!

as for boston acoustics... i did all of mine w/ BA SL60 and SL65. 12" L5 in my spare tire well for now... deciding on custom side mount or rear mount fiberglass box...

Old 06-17-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by LinkerX
I am thinking about just switching out all my speakers for boston acoustics, has anyone done this? Also what is currently the best ipod adapter for the 05 sedan and do you think sound advice would have done that install?

Thanks,
Louis
Hey Louis,

I originally just swapped out my front Bose speakers and tweeters for aftermarket components and there was a huge improvement in sound quality! The only thing was, it was really hard to hear the voice of my GPS (I think cuz my speakers were underpowered at the time...now it's loud and clear).

Back in March of this year when I looked into an iPod adapter for my '05 sedan, PAC didn't have one that was compatible yet. The Monster iCruze also didn't have a compatible version. I called Dension to see if they had plans to support the G35, and that was a no-go for the near future. I finally just gave in and bought a Phatbox (www.phatnoise.com) which is an in-car MP3 player. I can't tell the difference between the sound from the Phatbox and CDs, but it's not cheap and for some reason, right after I received mine, they seem to have removed the Infiniti/Nissan version from the site?

Another option is the JL Audio Cleansweep which I read allows you to connect an iPod to, but I don't think it's available yet (and it's project to cost around $400, though it does other things besides just letting you connect an iPod).

If you haven't yet, check out www.ipodlounge.com and look for the "in-car solutions" section. They have lots of people posting about how they installed their iPods into their cars....

Hope this helps.
Thomas

Oh, also, regarding your question about Sound Advice, if PAC does have a compatible adapter for the '05, I'm sure they would be able to install it for you.

Old 06-17-2005, 03:35 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod
wow.. sounds like sound advice does it again. me going down tommorow.. LAST TRIP hopefully. unless my hands get itchy and i want an EQ. could be possible.. sigh...

Ed

nice setup BTW

Old 06-17-2005, 05:19 PM
It sounds like you've got a great system. I currently have the stock speakers with the 4080 box with at JL 500/1. Next week I'm going to add a JL 300/4 with XR650-CSI's up front and TR650-CXI's in the rear.

Are there any problems with mounting the amps on the back of the seats?

Old 06-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by robnick2
It sounds like you've got a great system. I currently have the stock speakers with the 4080 box with at JL 500/1. Next week I'm going to add a JL 300/4 with XR650-CSI's up front and TR650-CXI's in the rear.

Are there any problems with mounting the amps on the back of the seats?
Thanks Ed and robnick2.

I don't notice any problems with the amps being mounted on the rear seats. Mine are mounted to pieces of wood (covered in carpet)...the wood is mounted to metal brackets in the rear of the seats. The amps are mounted to the pieces of wood. It's really solid and stable (btw, I noticed all this cuz I had to dismount one of the amps to pull out the Sat cable for the Phatbox).

Hope this helps.
Thomas

Old 06-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by tomheo
Hey Louis,

I originally just swapped out my front Bose speakers and tweeters for aftermarket components and there was a huge improvement in sound quality! The only thing was, it was really hard to hear the voice of my GPS (I think cuz my speakers were underpowered at the time...now it's loud and clear).

Back in March of this year when I looked into an iPod adapter for my '05 sedan, PAC didn't have one that was compatible yet. The Monster iCruze also didn't have a compatible version. I called Dension to see if they had plans to support the G35, and that was a no-go for the near future. I finally just gave in and bought a Phatbox (www.phatnoise.com) which is an in-car MP3 player. I can't tell the difference between the sound from the Phatbox and CDs, but it's not cheap and for some reason, right after I received mine, they seem to have removed the Infiniti/Nissan version from the site?

Another option is the JL Audio Cleansweep which I read allows you to connect an iPod to, but I don't think it's available yet (and it's project to cost around $400, though it does other things besides just letting you connect an iPod).

If you haven't yet, check out www.ipodlounge.com and look for the "in-car solutions" section. They have lots of people posting about how they installed their iPods into their cars....

Hope this helps.
Thomas

Oh, also, regarding your question about Sound Advice, if PAC does have a compatible adapter for the '05, I'm sure they would be able to install it for you.
Have you ever checked out the install at http://g35ipod.com I already ordered all the parts needed and hopefully will be getting them installed this weekend. I was just wondering if you have seen or heard of a better solution. I would like to be able to control it form the head unit, but if I cant ill probably just leave it loose so I can pick it up and use it like a regular ipod.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by FrizzleFry
i bought some UTP RCAs... cut them in half and voila!

as for boston acoustics... i did all of mine w/ BA SL60 and SL65. 12" L5 in my spare tire well for now... deciding on custom side mount or rear mount fiberglass box...
Have you added any amps or are you using all the factory stuff and how does the sound compare to what you had before? Also have you had infiniti bitch at you about it, I have heard they are a pain about there warranty.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by LinkerX
Have you ever checked out the install at http://g35ipod.com I already ordered all the parts needed and hopefully will be getting them installed this weekend. I was just wondering if you have seen or heard of a better solution. I would like to be able to control it form the head unit, but if I cant ill probably just leave it loose so I can pick it up and use it like a regular ipod.
Hi LinkerX,

Yup, I've seen that site before...very cool install! I don't think I've seen a nicer one for a G35. As far as a better solution, as stated above, I'm really happy with my Phatbox, but it's a car-only solution so I guess that doesn't really count.

Good luck with your install...post pics when you're done!

Thomas

Old 06-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Just thought I would let you know that I posted some pictures of my install here https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...928#post623928 as well as some information about it.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:34 PM
tomheo,

Can you re-post the pictures of your finished installation? The ones you originally posted are messed up. I'm considering using some elemental designs components in the coupe I'll be getting soon, so I'm interested in seeing how your install looks. Thanks!