Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

DigitalWheelz 2.0, Pics Inside!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 09:25 AM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HOO-MAN?
Pre-order Is Available...wont Be In Stock Till June 30th. But At Least We Can Now Reserve One! Im Excited Too! When Will We See A Workable Software Bundle?
The screens will start shipping in limited quanties as they are assembled before June 30th. In fact the first shipments will go out this week. They probably won't be a regularly stocked item and available for immediate delivery until after the 30th though any orders made before that are garunteed to ship out within two weeks of ordering.

The software is still in test. Its getting very close to finished. I expect a fully functioning time-limited demo to be released in July and final version as well as a complete bundled carputer hardware soon thereafter.

Last edited by god_of_cpu; 06-08-2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will you be offering any sort of carputer to run the UbiquityV software? Keep those screen shots coming.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:59 AM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Were still talking with a lot of suppliers to find the best hardware. Were hearing rumors of a 3D capable, Pentium M based system the size of a mac mini in development though...

Unfortunatly, for competitive reasons, we probably won't release any clear updated screens shots until the demo is released.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Chuck,

Should I buy the screen now and wait for your carputer program, or just wait to buy everything at once. I was wondering which would be more cost effective. Also do you have any slight idea how much your software with navigation plus the hardware would be around. I need a rough idea to start saving my money. Also where did you mount your carputer at?

Old 06-10-2005, 01:29 PM
looks nice and clean

Old 07-07-2005, 06:39 PM
looks nice? When is the software due out?

Old 08-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well i vivit the site on 7/31 and no update the i checked again on 8/1 and now its updated with screen shots now, but still no demo, but good info nonetheless. sorry if you u wanted to wait about this info God.

http://www.digitalwheelz.com/UbiquityV_About.htm

Old 08-03-2005, 06:04 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
I'm expecting to finally have the demo ready next week. I should have a video up sometime this week that will show the animations / gesturing in action.

Feel free to post / talk about anything on the website, I havn't posted anything myself just because the demo is not done yet.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Demo??? What Does That Mean Exactly? Is It A Beta Version With Kinks Or Is It A Trial Version? I Dont Get It... I Want The Real Deal! I Cant Wait... For Every Day I Have To Wait- I Will Be Killing A Kitten. The Choice Is Yours.

Old 08-03-2005, 08:43 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Originally Posted by HOO-MAN?
Demo??? What Does That Mean Exactly? Is It A Beta Version With Kinks Or Is It A Trial Version? I Dont Get It... I Want The Real Deal! I Cant Wait... For Every Day I Have To Wait- I Will Be Killing A Kitten. The Choice Is Yours.
All features are complete. Its been in BETA testing for the last 6 months or so and most of the kinks have been worked out. I do expect to find some bugs due to different hardware people throw at it and this is why the demo is being released before the final version, but other then that, it is a finished product. The demo version will be a time limited trial, but otherwise be the same as the final version.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:57 PM
does this software have stuff like trip computer?

Old 08-04-2005, 10:24 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Originally Posted by Hyde
does this software have stuff like trip computer?
The navigation enabled version will tell you the amount of time you've been driving for and the miles you've driven since you started the car.

Old 08-09-2005, 01:48 PM
is this the touch screen only? or is this the navi version only? which version is this? i was about to get the 700v but now i'm confused?

Old 08-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Obviously, this will work best w/ a touchscreen, unless you have a mouse you want to use as a pointer.

Old 08-09-2005, 10:15 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Originally Posted by jasperg35
is this the touch screen only? or is this the navi version only? which version is this? i was about to get the 700v but now i'm confused?
The StreetDeck software and the G35 screen housings are two distinct products.

StreetDeck will work with touchscreens, mice, remote controls, keyboards, steering wheel controls, or pretty much any other input device through plugins.

You will need to install a carputer to use StreetDeck and will need the 700TSV model which works with carputers and has VGA input and a touchscreen, the 700v does not.

I just uploaded a short preview video of streetdeck in action here:
http://www.digitalwheelz.com/StreetDeck.wmv

The video is of poor quality mostly because of encoding for the web. StreetDeck will run very smoothly on a VIA SP13000 and will be available bundled with all hardware or stand alone on mp3car.com within a month.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DigitalWheelz 2.0, Pics Inside!