Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Installed Bluetooth in 2005 G35X

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2005 | 10:58 PM
|
Installed Bluetooth in 2005 G35X

I just installed a Motorola HF850 Bluetooth Car Kit for my 2005 G35X. I went with the HF850 because I wanted to ensure 100% compatibility with my Motorola E815 handset as well I think the unit is one of the nicest looking Bluetooth adapters on the market.

I have a stock (non Bose) system, which does not allow the auto mute function however the provided Motorola speaker is loud enough to hear any incoming calls. The installer insisted that the microphone be mounted near the rearview mirror – more work for him but a much cleaner sounding call for me (people do not know I’m on a speaker phone and the road noise is minimal) The included speaker was buried under the driver’s side dash with the head-end box, mic by the rearview mirror and as you can see (linked images at the bottom of my post) I placed the control unit inside the empty navigation lid. The system works with either my handset or the phone's built-in voice command.

I purchased the system on Amazon ($150 dollars) and had the install done at Tweeter ($150 dollars) it took about two hours to install. All and all I'm very pleased with this system and if you were thinking about doing this - it is a very straightforward and not that expensive job.

Old 07-10-2005 | 11:23 PM
I'm disappointed that the G35 doesnt have any type of bluetooth available as an option. More and more cars these days have it. I could have got a bluetooth "retro-fit" kit for my 2001 BMW 330. The car was wired for a cell phone with mic and stuff. It would have muted the stereo and even displayed the caller id on the radio! How cool is that? Oh well. Maybe someday.

Old 07-11-2005 | 12:43 AM
I have a feeling future G35 models will have bluetooth as an option
Perhaps even 2006 models

Old 07-11-2005 | 12:49 AM
|
Yes the 2006 G35's will have a Bluetooth Option - however - ONLY with the Navigation package. Sorry but a 3K option really is not worth it to me.

Old 07-11-2005 | 10:58 AM
how would you know that? u design the 06?

Old 07-11-2005 | 01:46 PM
|
Do I design the G35's ? Um no - however two separate dealers told me about the 06 - 35's having this option with the Nav package.

But yes, symalik I know it is a HUGE ! stretch of the imagination to think that something as rare and exotic and expensive like "Bluetooth" would even be an option in a 35K+ near luxury car. I mean I can totally understand your reply - because my post even hinting at Bluetooth as option in an Infiniti would an AMAZING rumor and hard to believe in 2005 - really hard to believe. Sure Audi, Acura and even a Toyota Prius have Bluetooth as options - but - no no you're right.... to have this knowlege I must be an employee of Infiniti USA.

your welcome for the post + thanks again for the bitchiness

XMFAN
not part of the Infiniti g35 design team

Last edited by xmfan; 07-11-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-11-2005 | 02:09 PM
You had a good installer xm; it looks like he did it right way.

BT is really pretty easy for a manufacturer to install; it doesn't require any major engineering to put it in since its really only a button and mic. It just takes a little bit for some companies to embrace it. At the end of the day I find my BT headset sufficient for myself, but if its a big deal for you there's alot of good BT kits out there a good installer can run with if you want to put out the cash.

Old 07-13-2005 | 05:36 PM
Wow, that's awesome. So I'm assuming this should work with the coupe as well with no problems. If so, I'm thinking about getting this as well.

Old 07-14-2005 | 11:01 PM
xmfan,
Did you by any chance come across any bluetooth kits that would work with the radio headunit instead of a separate speaker? Six months ago I scoffed at the technology but now I am seeing more and more uses that interest me.

Old 07-15-2005 | 03:22 AM
i love how it looks... so high tech looking... nice install...

Old 07-15-2005 | 09:46 AM
"Ummmmmmm bluetooth"...(homer simpson)

Old 07-15-2005 | 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by danl
xmfan,
Did you by any chance come across any bluetooth kits that would work with the radio headunit instead of a separate speaker? Six months ago I scoffed at the technology but now I am seeing more and more uses that interest me.
PM me with your email address, I have something you might be interested in.

Old 07-16-2005 | 08:52 PM
|
I researched a few BT units however none could interface with the stock G35X radio (mute function - speaker usage) It's been a couple weeks now and I have to say that I like my Moto BT even more - worth the couple hundred bucks.

Old 07-28-2005 | 05:39 AM
Originally Posted by xmfan
I researched a few BT units however none could interface with the stock G35X radio (mute function - speaker usage) It's been a couple weeks now and I have to say that I like my Moto BT even more - worth the couple hundred bucks.
This will work with the stock radio-mute function. Also if your phone is compatible, it downloads your phonebook and you have access to other phone options too. It works great. Push the button and say the name you want to dial or say the phone # you want to dial and thats it. You can store 30 names/numbers. It works through the audio speakers or seperate speaker. Display works as callerID and answer/hangup so there isn't any need to touch your phone.

Last edited by SLVRG35; 10-24-2005 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-28-2005 | 07:15 PM
slvrg35, what's the make/model of the BT in the pic? Did you do the install yourself?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed Bluetooth in 2005 G35X