G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Door Lock Actuator Fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday | 03:48 PM
|
g35 coupe
Question Door Lock Actuator Fix

ok so my door lock actuator burnt out of course. needed to fix it to pass a very strict inspection. so i fixed it the lazy way by adding aftermarket actuators and rerouting the wiring from the original one. i followed the steps from like 3 youtube videos and i wired the actuators in and they worked but then my windows stopped working. also i discovered my battery dead so theres a parasitic draw. so my theory is that i need to add a relay but before i do that i wanted to see if anyone knows why my windows stopped working and why my battery has a parasitic draw. i also cut the wires to the aftermarket actuators in order to add the relay and was waiting for the parts and went to start my car yesterday and its dead again even without the aftermarket actuators wired in. id also like to add that nobody from those videos that did the same thing as me has had the same issue. also for the wiring i cut the wires for the og actuators and those wires are currently not connected to anything maybe i was supposed to strip the wires and not fully cut them in order to reroute them idk plz help.i have all the open wire ends covered with electrical tape so its not that.

Old Yesterday | 06:10 PM
Recharge your battery. Disconnect the new actuators and let the car sit overnight. Check in the morning to see if it still drained the battery. I have a feeling your battery drain is from something else.

As for the windows, make sure your driver door lock/window button assembly is plugged in all the way. If its not, then the windows wont work, even on the passenger side.

Old Yesterday | 06:19 PM
|
g35 coupe
yep i had already disconnected the aftermarket actuators to see if my windows work after and they do work now and the actuators have BEEN disconnected and the car still has a power drain.

Old Today | 01:28 AM
So your battery drain isnt related to the actuators. I would get that figured out before plugging them back in.

U sure u didnt leave the door open or one of the lights on all night and it caused your battery to drain?

Another common source of parasitic drain on these cars is a bad stereo if its original. Or a bad amplifier if you have the Bose sound system.