Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Video Ipod *and* Satellite radio at the same time?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video Ipod *and* Satellite radio at the same time?

I've done several searches regarding an video ipod and the nav screen, but I can't find any information about having the video ipod *and* satellite radio. I believe the ipod solutions use the satellite input to work and I'm wondering if it's possible to toggle between the video ipod and the satellite radio (or other devices as well, ex. dvd player).

I'm sure it has have been discussed somewhere before but I simply cannot find any info on this specific situation. Anybody know of a thread that discusses this or know if there is a way to pull this off?

Old 11-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kajoob
I've done several searches regarding an video ipod and the nav screen, but I can't find any information about having the video ipod *and* satellite radio. I believe the ipod solutions use the satellite input to work and I'm wondering if it's possible to toggle between the video ipod and the satellite radio (or other devices as well, ex. dvd player).

I'm sure it has have been discussed somewhere before but I simply cannot find any info on this specific situation. Anybody know of a thread that discusses this or know if there is a way to pull this off?
From my understanding, getting the TV2NAV mod lets you switch the video output to the stock screen and audio output to the sound system between multiple sources.

Old 11-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Talking

Ive done the research...you need the pac unit (PAC AAI-NIS) to connect the ipod where the satellite inputs are. Then there is a separate unit you need to buy from tvandnav2go to connect the ipod video portion to your nav. screen

Old 11-21-2005, 10:40 PM
many many thanks to you both.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by G35 1109
Ive done the research...you need the pac unit (PAC AAI-NIS) to connect the ipod where the satellite inputs are. Then there is a separate unit you need to buy from tvandnav2go to connect the ipod video portion to your nav. screen
tvandnav2go does not have audio inputs along with video?

and if he has the OEM satellite receiver, the PAC AAI-NIS is not plug and play.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Do you know the prices for these parts? I don't see prices listed anywhere on either of those sites.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:15 AM
get the pac aai nis

If you want it all, sat radio ipod mp3 playback and ipod video playback get the aai nis. It plugs into the satellite radio port and then you have two sets of rca's. This will allow you to connect your ipod and your external sat radio setup from an aftermarket retailer. Then if you still want video you would need to get a av electronics unit or equivalent to do so. Personally i found the ipod video to be annoying since the downloads take to long. Instead i've just installed a ps2 in my glove compartment and used that for video's instead.

The pac unit is around 80-100 dollars depending where you get it. I have an extra one so feel free to make an offer

The sat radio is whatever you choose it to be

The av electronics units start at 400-500 depending on what you get. I get dealer prices but haven't kept up with the prices so if you decide and want one, let me know, might be able to get you a better price.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:30 AM
Tuche`....... The AAI-NIS is on national backorder right now, and, AND AANNDD.... the new unit comming out makes it so you dont even have to have the sat radio option on your radio. I believe it also gives you 2 inputs but dont quote me on that one.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:00 AM
PAC
Originally Posted by arrivalanche
Tuche`....... The AAI-NIS is on national backorder right now, and, AND AANNDD.... the new unit comming out makes it so you dont even have to have the sat radio option on your radio. I believe it also gives you 2 inputs but dont quote me on that one.
The radio has to have SAT option. The new AAI-NIS works with or without factory Satellite. The old revision only worked if the vehicle did not have satellite receiver.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:20 AM
so if you have SAT radio in the car, you can still add the PAC unit and have an aux input? interesting i didnt know! so SAT 1 would be radio and SAT 2 would be the aux input? is that how it works

Old 11-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by SundipKumar
If you want it all, sat radio ipod mp3 playback and ipod video playback get the aai nis. It plugs into the satellite radio port and then you have two sets of rca's. This will allow you to connect your ipod and your external sat radio setup from an aftermarket retailer.

I have the OEM sirius that plug right into the factory wiring harness. Does the satellite radio have to be aftermarket?

Old 11-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by kajoob
I have the OEM sirius that plug right into the factory wiring harness. Does the satellite radio have to be aftermarket?
No. Read PAC's post above. The new PAC-AAI-NIS apparently lets you connect your oem sat receiver and add an aux. input as well. My guess is the same as the other poster: Press SAT once for "SAT 1" which gives you your satellite radio (sirius). Press it again for "SAT 2" which will be whatever you choose to connect (ipod, whatever).

Old 11-22-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by amthar
The new PAC-AAI-NIS apparently lets you connect your oem sat receiver and add an aux.

Ahh. Gracias.

Pac - When do the 'new' units that have this functionality come out?

Old 11-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by PAC
The radio has to have SAT option. The new AAI-NIS works with or without factory Satellite. The old revision only worked if the vehicle did not have satellite receiver.
oops. well thats how the girl described it when i called last week. they need to hurry up with these things because im doing quite a few AVelectronics pieces a week in the QX56's and i hate to use a FM mod. luckly most have had the factory video system to save me hastle.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:58 PM
this exists too, although it does not solve the problem at hand I don't think:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundalns1.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video Ipod *and* Satellite radio at the same time?