Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

audio experts some help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audio experts some help please

For the audio experts on the forum with the G35 could use some advice.

I'm having problems with my speaker(s), I went to infinti and they told them already, they "said" they hear a wierd static noise from the left door speaker but my problem is the speaker shuts off and on sometimes, on all the left speakers.. when I play around the stock HU, like putting rear left side and front left side they all do the same turn on and off and this happens most of the time when I drive through bumps and even sometimes turns back hitting bumps sometimes even when I brake hard it turns off and on.

The thing is when it does stay on.. it seems to work fine, but this is really aggravating especially me, I listen to alot of music driving or else I'll get really bored and rush everywhere. I already told the dealership and they told me they ordered 1 speaker on the left side door. If this is happening on all the left side speakers how many are there?

Also how can you tell if you have Bose Audio or Normal one, I have nothing on my car that says Bose. I've tried searching but couldn't find the answer if someone could tell me what they would put for search titles it would be helpful too or even linking me an older thread.

If you don't like reading here is my questions broken down.

1. How many speakers in the car.

2. How can you tell from Bose or Non-Bose.

3. Why does speaker turn off and on when bumps or braking slightly harder, loose connections? sounds fine when it works but it's on and off half the time.

Thanks all.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:34 PM
1) i think i have 8 (could be wrong, just estimating)
2) the quickest way to check is to look on your head unit, it says Bose underneath the LCD screen, or check the 2 back speakers, they both say Bose on them
3) i've never had that problem so i have no clue

-hope that helps

Old 01-10-2006, 11:42 PM
MsA
Damn....i know how you feel....i have the same problem. Im thinking its a loose wire or connection in the back of the head unit. Everytime my left speaker goes out (both front and rear), i just hit the side of the head unit (not too hard though) and it comes back.

If you dont have anything that says bose, its not bose. I think there are only 6 speakers. 2 pairs up front (1 pair are tweeters)...and 6X9's by the arm rest area in the rear. (Useless place to put speakers =/)

I had a sub installed not too long ago and i was thinking the installer left some loose wires....im gonna bring my car back to get it checked out. But since you have the same problem, (im assuming you never modified your system yet) it might be a faulty head unit.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:00 AM
isnt it suppose to be 7 speakers?

Old 01-11-2006, 12:08 AM
7 is for the sedan

Old 01-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would think that if both left speakers go out at the same time intermittently then it's most likely a problem with a loose connection at the HU or the HU itself. Definitely not the speakers.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Uh... my coupe has 8 speakers. two front tweeters (sail panels), two front woofers (bottom of doors), two stupid-speakers in the backseat side panels and two stupid-speakers in the rear deck. 2+2+2+2 = 8. You could count the front tweeters and woofers as two speakers, rather than 4 though, I'll give you that. Especially considering that each side runs off of a single channel on the amp, so the amp sees tweeter+woofer as one speaker.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Thanks all so its probably the HU from the help of suggestions.

I don't think I have the bose because my HU does not say bose on the bottom but haven't looked at the rear speakers probably doesnt have them either tho... hmm

anyway.. I'm going to be installing sub and amp shortly but not until I get this issue taken care of at the dealer so they won't be blaming that for the speakers turning on and off, I plan on keeping the stock HU as well.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:30 PM
MsA
yeah...i only have 6 speakers..... i checked.

Those of you who have 8 is probably because you have the bose system. I just have the base.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by MsA
Damn....i know how you feel....i have the same problem. Im thinking its a loose wire or connection in the back of the head unit. Everytime my left speaker goes out (both front and rear), i just hit the side of the head unit (not too hard though) and it comes back.

If you dont have anything that says bose, its not bose. I think there are only 6 speakers. 2 pairs up front (1 pair are tweeters)...and 6X9's by the arm rest area in the rear. (Useless place to put speakers =/)

I had a sub installed not too long ago and i was thinking the installer left some loose wires....im gonna bring my car back to get it checked out. But since you have the same problem, (im assuming you never modified your system yet) it might be a faulty head unit.

Wow man, I banged my head unit today when the left side speakers came off again and it worked!.. bang it again and it turns off.. I can't wait show my dealer this... is there some problem going on with the head units