Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Anyone use Audiosource LC6 or 8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone use Audiosource LC6 or 8

I am setting up a simple audio system with Infinity Kappa's front and rear, a single 10" Alpine Type R, and 2 Hifonics amps running them. I am staying with the stock H/U which brings me to my question. I was thinking about using the LC6 as a line-level converter but don't want to throw away $150 bucks if its more then I need. Has anyone used one of these or have any comments on the product? If it will make the job easier and improve sound quality then I would say it is worth it. If the same job can be done by using a simple $30 converter then it's a bit of a waste. Thanks in advance for the advice.

2004 BS 6MT Coupe
Borla TD, Injen CAI, UR pulley, Pro-1 test pipe, Crawford cast plenum, Megan Coil-Overs, EBC drilled/slotted rotors, Satisfied Gran-sport pads, SPC camber arms and toe bolts, 19' Axis Milanos
Infinity Kappa 6 1/2 components, Kappa 6 1/2 coaxial, Alpine Type R 10" sub, Hifonics Titan TX4405, Hifonics Zeus ZX4000.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:19 PM
I am surprised there haven't been any replies to this post since I thought a lot of people were installing the LC6 (LC8 is still too new). Car audio magazine for this month has an article on LC8 and recommends it (the article also has a small sidebar on LC6).

I know a lot of people go with lower cost LOCs, but it seems LC6 would be cost competitive if you need 6 LOCs for 6 channels. Any way, found the following post on LOCs in general that also mentioned LC6:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...t=audiocontrol

If anyone has either of these two installed, please post a review. I'm insterested as well.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Actually, most LOC's handle either 2 or 4 channels at once so there is no way you would need six of them; I currently have 2 LOC's in my car, a 4 channel one, and a 2 channel one. I am seriously considering getting the LC8, however, for improved sound quality, and the ability to sum the signals, since I take my line feeds after the Bose amplifier in order to keep the front controls such as fade, bass, left/right, etc... SUmming some of the signals *should* provide better signals to my amps.

We'll see at some future date, since right now I am busy with my carPC install.

Dave

Old 01-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
There is no reason to use the LC 6 or 8 in Bose cars since the HU has unequalized balanced preamp outputs (in fact, there are many reasons not to).

If you have a non-Bose system with speaker level out of the HU, then the LC6 would make a great deal of sense. I have used them in other cars where I didnot ahve the option to use preamp level signals, and I have gotten them to work fine with some level setting...

Old 01-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the advice, I ended up ordering it after-all since I did read that article in Car Audio praising it. As far as connecting it goes would it be suggested that I go pre-Bose amp or after. I ended up getting the LC6, which if I read the article correctly does not allow channel summing. Even though I did just read that El D said there are many reasons not to use it, and if I saw that a day earlier I most likely would have skipped it, I still hope there are at least a few benefits I will get out of it and I didn't just completely throw away $140. Thanks again for the help

Old 02-03-2006, 01:27 AM
Rohas, did you install the LC6? If so, how is it?