Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Satelite Radio shark fin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satelite Radio shark fin

Anyone know where to actually order a shark fin (pref made for our car to match paint color) that will give satelite radio for sirius and xm? I've searched online thru ebay, sirius.com, and some other g35 vendors and can only find the standard ones (black and ugly). I know the 06's have that fin, how do us owners of earlier models order one?

Adam~

Old 02-21-2006, 06:52 PM
i looked forever too. no dice. there was colormatchantenna.com, but looks like some big fish closed them down. left me know if you find anything-in the meantime, my antenna is inside on the rear lid, working fine.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Sneaker Whore
Check http://www.g35parts.com, I asked about this when I first purchased my car in 2004. But the only thing is that it just comes in black.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Hmm cant find anything but a "satellite radio antenna cover" for $25 even, is that it? Wonder if you still have to have the sirius antenna and if this just sits over it?

Old 02-21-2006, 07:20 PM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you ask a dealer? Have him look in an 06 parts manual.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Either my dealer is an idiot (likely) or they really can't order that part. They swear they cant!

Old 02-22-2006, 01:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by a0alvl
Either my dealer is an idiot (likely) or they really can't order that part. They swear they cant!
I haven't seen an '06 with that antennae, I was looking at the lot last time in, and all the '06's with sat had the same as my '05 has.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:19 AM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
call Grubbs Infiniti. they are really helpful.. http://www.grubbsperformance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Old 02-22-2006, 03:55 PM
The best roof antenna's I have seen was the mini antenna on the roof that was painted by a body shop.

But really why bother with a roof antenna at all? Just put it on the rear deck= done. I have been using mine for over a year and I have no problems.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I haven't seen an '06 with that antennae, I was looking at the lot last time in, and all the '06's with sat had the same as my '05 has.
I saw an 06 G35 4dr sedan in Diamond Graphite at the dealership that had this shark fin antenna, I think it looked cool due to the fact that no wires being run outisde the car, which also lets me know that a small hole would have to be drilled on the roof to install it, but I think it's worth it, does anyone have any info on this, I'm wondering how to get this as well. Also does anyone have any pics of this, if not I'll try and go back to the dealer and see if they still have the car there to take pics of it.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by rx794
I saw an 06 G35 4dr sedan in Diamond Graphite at the dealership that had this shark fin antenna, I think it looked cool due to the fact that no wires being run outisde the car, which also lets me know that a small hole would have to be drilled on the roof to install it, but I think it's worth it, does anyone have any info on this, I'm wondering how to get this as well. Also does anyone have any pics of this, if not I'll try and go back to the dealer and see if they still have the car there to take pics of it.
DAMN! They sold the car that had the shark fin OEM antenna on it, anyone got anymore info on any of this?

Old 09-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Mine has a sharkfin antenna on it i just had it installed at the dealer. I dont know how much just the antenna was but i paid $500 installed for the whole thing. I coudl have installed it myself but it was like $425 for the whole factory sirius setup and i just figured screw it let them install it. No holes have to be drilled there is a grove in the backwindow that is designed for the sat. antenna wire.

Ill try and get some pics of it this weekend but i dont know if im even gonna see the car cause we are supposed to go to the lake if not ill take them when i get back.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by OKCIS
Mine has a sharkfin antenna on it i just had it installed at the dealer. I dont know how much just the antenna was but i paid $500 installed for the whole thing. I coudl have installed it myself but it was like $425 for the whole factory sirius setup and i just figured screw it let them install it. No holes have to be drilled there is a grove in the backwindow that is designed for the sat. antenna wire.

Ill try and get some pics of it this weekend but i dont know if im even gonna see the car cause we are supposed to go to the lake if not ill take them when i get back.

Hey, what dealer installed this for you? Did they install it AFTER you bought the car, meaning it didn't come from the factory with the shark fin?

I'm asking becasue the dealer just installed sat radio for me and, I came back to get my car with a big blac lump on the back of my roof. after complaining, they offered to give me the parts for the shark fin, but said that it involved drilling and they would not do it.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have not seen a G with the shark fin antenna. I would like to buy one as well.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
I have not seen a G with the shark fin antenna. I would like to buy one as well.
my dealer said they would give me one, I could try and get you one if you want....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Satelite Radio shark fin