Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Installer on avn5435 says its nissans fault my AM/FM wont work....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 02:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installer on avn5435 says its nissans fault my AM/FM wont work....

I got my avn5435 installed at an AUTHORIZED dealer. I would not have used this shop, but my choices were either use this shop or car toys... so it was the lesser of two evils. Well the guy installed the screen... i had to go back and leave my car there again after researching here about what he did wrong and why he could not get the Speed Pulse working (he didnt know which wire was the speed pulse wire in my car...) Well after he fixed all the problems that i had, i asked him about my radio stations which i had told him to fix. He says to me that the nissan radio harness is not good or something at taking on after market radios and that there was nothign i could do to have working AM/FM radio on my $2000 headunit.... The more i live with this problem, the more it ticks me off... Does anyone know whats up and why they dont work. Certainly everyone who installs an aftermarket radio on this car does not lose functionality of their radio stations. I dont really care about my FM radio, but i do occasionally like to listen to sports games on AM radio. So whats the deal g35 electronics experts

Yeah... and i know i should not have paid for this install until it was done right... but they had my keys and it would have been a pretty big deal had i refused to pay until it was done right and wanted me car. They made me pay the first day... come back the next day to get some stuff fixed... and at this point i just said whatever.... everything else works great i dont really care that much

Last edited by Raznips; 03-02-2006 at 02:46 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He didn't connect the radio antenna because he couldn't figure out which wire it was. This guy is obviously an inexperienced installer and did a half a$$ job. I would go back and talk to the manager. Totally unacceptable. A radio antenna is pretty basic... Inexperience on nissans is no excuse. They should have refused the install if they didn't know how to do it.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple fix and is common among Nissans..connect the power antenna wire. The the senseless a$$ how to do his job and that he needs to connect the power antenna wire, he is obviously VERY inexperienced in his field and needs a bit more training as Nissans are some of the easiest cars to do. Feel free to quote that for him if you wish.

Although bear in mind, your diversity antenna system was switched to a single antenna. Your reception wont be up to par as it was OEM, but not far behind, and certainly not completely lacking.

Also if you could and dont mind sharing the name of the shop that did this? Feel free to PM me if youd like.