Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2004 | 11:55 AM
FGC President
Re: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

forgot to change the sig.

i guess i can change it now that everything works the way it should. but it might have to go back if something happens.

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / Auto VDC Off

Old 04-17-2004 | 08:48 AM

READY!!

OG 03.5

Old 04-17-2004 | 12:51 PM

I'M READY TOO!

Will there be a complete DIY for the install including taking the door panel off (if needed)?

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 04-17-2004 | 03:40 PM
FGC President

i pretty much posted a diy for it up above. its a really easy install. if you have any questions bout a post just ask an ill clearify it. the intructions that it comes with are very detail and should be able just to follow them and be set. i can make one for you if you want me too, but i wont be able to post the pictures because of the large file size. ill make one up and post it on g35frenzy.com that way i can make a bigger picture and pu tthe link in here.

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / Auto VDC Off

Old 04-17-2004 | 04:47 PM

Thanks. The DIY won't be necessary for me, I have lots of experience taking things apart and putting them back together [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Thanks for putting in all the work up front. At my place of work there are four G coupes now (sheesh). I'll show them the mod when I get it in and you may have more customers.

Do I PM you for an order or is it too early for that?

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 04-17-2004 | 05:19 PM
Banned

We will only be taking orders through our website, which isn't completely up yet. In the near future it will be

We are just waiting on a few more parts and need a little more time to build up an inventory. Keep in mind that this is a 2nd job that I do at night after a long days work. When I first chimed in on this thread I failed to realize how much work and effort would go into producing something like this!!! On a positive note, we did receive our company license from the state of Ohio today! We are now an official LLC. Now if we only had a product.....

Soon I promise!

Kevin
----------------------------------------------------------------
04 Diamond Graphite Coupe - FULLY loaded
Windows up with OEM Remote
RE Short Shifter // Z Tube

Old 04-17-2004 | 05:42 PM

Been lurking here about 8 months now. Finally got my 6MT coupe about 6 weeks ago. Got around to reading this tome a week or so ago. Hat's off to all involved.

I've got to have VDC memory function. Had the fuse out for a while, but got tired of looking at the lights on the dash and having no ABS. Getting very tired of being thrown forward instead of backward when I hit second gear though. Can't seem to remember to hit the stupid button until it cuts me off once.

Have the VDC functions been tested yet? Is that part going to be on the same board as the window rollup? Window rollup would be nice, but I don't really care about that.

Watching daily now for website go.

Old 04-17-2004 | 07:09 PM

How close are you to providing a 6MT remote start?

-Chris

Old 04-18-2004 | 03:11 AM
FGC President

ah the vdc. got to love it. as of right now there is only one out there, that is released to the public, which uses a timer switch and is very expensive. i looked into gettin it from the guy. they are 80 dollars or you could make it for bout 65 or 70, which i was not willing to do. as for kevins vdc memory there is only one of those total, right now but soon to be more. it will however be cheaper than the other 80 dollar one is what im told. by how much or the price i dont know, but it will be there soon. if anyone needs clarification on the window mod, when it becomes available shortly, feel free to contact me. the install is fairly easy just follow the instructions and the pictures i have posted and you should be set.

Daniel

Old 04-18-2004 | 11:08 AM
Banned

I'm not sure we will be providing a "remote start" module." There has been some interest in a module that will allow you to use the the OEM remote with a remote start and it will be possible to use the window mod to turn on a remote start. If you hook a window mod up to the UNLOCK motor wire (instead of lock) and connect the 'Window Up' output to the input of a remote start then you can unlock your car twice real quick and the car will start. However, with the priority door locks then might be a problem, so maybe we can do an Unlock then lock solution. How much interest is there on this? I know that a lot of people don't have very good range with the OEM remote so it would be pointless for them to do something like this!

Kevin

Old 04-18-2004 | 06:19 PM

I saw the thread wherever it was on the timed relay VDC off thing. Been thinking about doing that, but a memory capability seems more elegant. May still go that route if this doesn't come through soon.

Old 04-18-2004 | 06:27 PM
FGC President

you should tell kevin to stop slackin off and havin to work so much and get to makin the boards. it should be pretty soon though for both the vdc and window controllers.

Daniel

Old 04-18-2004 | 11:08 PM
Banned

I feel the same way about the VDC mod. This way offers a more complete feature at half the price. I think the DRIVER should decide when they want VDC on or off and it should stay that way until the DRIVER changes it.

My Mom strongly disagrees with this mod, and yours probably does too.

Kevin

Old 04-18-2004 | 11:09 PM
FGC President

what mom dont know cant hurt. is what i have to say.

Daniel

Old 04-19-2004 | 03:24 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

your mom actually knows what the VDC does? You let your mom drive your car??

Ivory Pearl / 6MT / Aero / Premium / Xenon Lights Everywhere / Mirror Tint / Injen CAI / Injen SES Exhaust / Tanabe Racing Springs / Ground Wire Kit / Apex'i S-AFC II

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?