Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2004 | 05:39 PM
FGC President
Re: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

na you dont have to remove me. i dotn mind buyin the stuff to get it workin right, just as long as it works in the end. i was just jokin bout the drain of the account. i know you wish you could, but thats what guys like me and other beta testors are for, to find bugs.

sweet deal. illphilly comin through for you?

if not just find a g35 parked somewhere and wait for the owner to come out. that would be funny

Daniel

5ATc / DP / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up semi-fixed and installed

Old 04-01-2004 | 06:03 PM
Banned

Come on, take a joke! I would never remove you from the beta list, you are my number one tester!

Going out to staulk G35s:

Kevin
----------------------------------------------------------------
04 Diamond Graphite Coupe - FULLY loaded
Windows up with OEM Remote

Old 04-02-2004 | 12:50 AM

...awww...mine failed the half window/full window test. It went up till the half window hit it's max, then both stopped. I tried pressing the lock button twice again, but it only went up like a 1/4 inch. If you come up w/ a fix, please let me know.

Aloha,
NIC

- NICNoobie

2003.0 AT Brilliant Silver Sedan
Premium Package\Graphite Leather\Signaling Clear Corners\AEM Intake (w/ Bypass Valve)

"Why are you my English not being understanding?"

Old 04-02-2004 | 01:53 AM

out of curiosity do you need any more testers? i would love to have this on my g... anyways background in terms of debuggin help is that i work for major computer company as a system integrator (so i'm good with debuggin/reworks)... let me know...

G35C - 6MT - DG/G - Premium

Old 04-02-2004 | 07:13 PM
Banned

We're not looking for more testers at this time. We have found a major issue and are in the process of fixing it. Once the problem is fixed the units will be ready to go!

Kevin

Old 04-02-2004 | 08:51 PM

Good new everyone!
I've received my beta unit!

I also dropped by Radio Shack to look for a 220uF Capacitor.... but couldn't find one at that location... closest thing they had was a BAG OF ASSORTED CAPs...
=(

anyway, it will have to wait til tomorrow cuz stores are closed now..

Old 04-02-2004 | 09:43 PM
Banned

I don't think that cap will make much of an inprovement. I used a 100uF cap and it showed no difference. Of course, I haven't installed it in my car yet either. I have incorporated a relay into my simulator box though to recreate the door actuator and I think I may be recreating the problem, now I just have to fix it!

Kevin

Old 04-10-2004 | 08:39 PM
Banned

BETA testers how are things going? So far I've really only heard from Daniel on the final install (And the guy from Crawford Z on my350Z.com). I spent this weekend finishing up the final hardware version and I believe I have all the bugs worked out. I will be sending a new module to Daniel for him to test out. I will also be ordering all the parts necesarry to modify the existing 30+ modules I have waiting to ship. Unfortunatly I have to go back to Philly for two weeks for work again but when I return I plan on having about 50 of these done and ready to sell. Also, I will have about 20 or so VDC Memory switch modules. Basically, if you turn the VDC off it will stay off until you turn it back on. If you have it on it will stay on until you turn it off. I won't have selling prices until our website is launched and I won't know when we will launch the website until I have the module ready to sell! As I stated in previous posts I am ONLY going to announce the launch of the site in this thread. No other Nissan/Infiniti forum will have advanced knowledge of the opening date. Hopefully this way everyone on G35driver who wants one will be able to get one in the first shipment. The 2nd shipment will be at least 4 weeks later as I have to redesign the boards and reorder them. Oh yeah, our sunroof control module isn't too far from being done! It's almost ready for beta testing!!!!

Kevin

Old 04-10-2004 | 09:57 PM

Kevin,

How will the 30 modified "beta" boards differ from the 2nd batch? Is there any reason to wait for them? Are you going to sell the original 30 at some discount, maybe?!

<font color=blue>'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat</font color=blue>

Old 04-10-2004 | 10:02 PM
Banned

The modified boards will be almost identical to the 2nd batch, but the 2nd batch will have dedicated spots on the board for the extra components we are adding. In all, we are adding 1 capacitor and two diodes. The cap is being mounted directly to the bottom of the board and the diodes are being placed in the wiring. On the 2nd batch all components will be through hole mounted. No major difference to the end user but it will make things easier for us to make them, as they are all hand soldered by me!

Kevin

Old 04-15-2004 | 08:46 PM
Banned

We installed the final beta unit on Ed_C 's 04 coupe tonight. Hopefully no more surprises! Daniel (SFLG35) also has recieved an updated module to play around with. If these two tests go well then we'll start selling them in the next couple of weeks.

Ed's mod can be seen at the ATCO meet coming up and Daniels mod can be seen at the huge Z meet in Flordia coming up.

Kevin
RE Short Shifter // Z Tube

Old 04-16-2004 | 10:48 AM

Hey... how come SFLG35 gets an updated unit but I have to go hunting around for diodes? =P

ok, well, I don't mind doing some work myself but I just hope that the module will still work after I am through with it -_-;

so the modifications you sent me in the PM will fix the "one window partially rolled up problem"?

Old 04-16-2004 | 10:59 AM

The meet is in South Jersey..and thanks Kevin for your help yesterday...

2003.5 DP Sedan (Everything but Nav)
Injen CAI
10 Wire H-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
H-Liner
Polk Tweeter Upgrade (EX-3500)
Coming Soon: Lite Crank Pulley, Motion Sensor

Old 04-16-2004 | 11:08 AM
Banned

Daniel got an updated one because I was sending him other stuff also, and he is sending his old one back to me.

The mods will make your unit equal to the one I sent Dan. If it doesn't work when you are done with it send it back to me and I'll get you a new one of course

I'm on my way back to Dayton to play around with some more stuff!!!

Kevin
RE Short Shifter // Z Tube

Old 04-16-2004 | 11:51 AM
FGC President

well now that things are worked out. everything is now in working order and works every time.

i did however fry the microcontroller on the one that i took out of my car. so i cant fix it and sell it at zfest like orginally planed. so no lucky person at zfest will be able to get it.

get ready for release.

Daniel

5ATc / DP / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up semi-fixed and installed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?