Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

I'm looking forward to this!!!! Please keep us informed! Do you suppose instead of cutting a jumper to disable the door lock, that a remote toggle switch could be wired to the jumper ends? This would allow you to have the function as desired - on or off.

'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat

Old 02-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

My goal of this entire project is to not have to run ANY wires through the door jams. The molex plug makes it very difficult to do. But, if there is a jumper on the board it would be ver easy to cut it and insert any type of switch you want to disable the auto door locks. I also though about putting a programmable push button on the board itself, but I figured that was overkill. I finished testing the hardware tonight and to my surprise it all worked the first time... Now all that is left is to build the board and install it (hopefully this saturday).

Old 02-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any ideas when this is going to be ready. Either for schematic postings or for sale?

Thanks

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

2004 G35 coupe - 4150K high/fogs - more to come

Old 02-07-2004, 09:30 PM

I miss the auto locking feature from my previous car. This sounds exactly like what I have been looking for, please let me know when it becomes available.

| 2004 5AT | Black Obsidian | Willow Leather | Premium | Aero | Tints | Bra and Wind Deflector |

Old 02-07-2004, 11:25 PM

I don't really understand why people would like the autolocking feature?
is is for safety reasons like so you don't get jacked at the stop light?

The reason I find it annoying it that when you go to pick someone up, you have to remember to unlock the doors or else you look like a dork!
(I guess I'm just not used to doing it because I've never owned such cars, but only borrowed them.)

Old 02-08-2004, 08:34 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I don't really understand why people would like the autolocking feature? is is for safety reasons like so you don't get jacked at the stop light?

<hr></blockquote>
Yes, that's part of it. Some of us have to drive around in parts of a city that force you to be cautious.

While I like the auto-locking feature, I'm just a little concerned about the auto-UNlocking function. If parking in a dark garage, for example, I would prefer that all four doors not unlock. Just the driver door would be ideal. But now I'm really getting picky.

Looking forward to hearing more about this mod!!

Old 02-08-2004, 10:08 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

blitz....KPierson: any idea on a final release date an or price?
really looking forward to getting one of these
keep us informed. thanks

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights

Old 02-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Banned

I was planning on installing my prototype this past weekend but instead I decided to add programming to the microcontroller to enable and disable the auto locking. I've got it set up now that if you turn the ignition on after 5 seconds the doors will lock by default. Within 5 seconds of the doors locking you will have 5 more seconds to push the 'lock' button on the factory keyless remote three times. If you do it correctly the doors will unlock and the feature will be switched off. To turn it back on you turn the ignion to the 'on' position and within 5 seconds you push the 'lock' button three times and if you do it right the doors will lock letting you know the feature has been turned on. No more cutting jumpers or messing with switches! Plus, you can change it at any time. It kinda sounds confusing when I type it out, but detailed instructions will make it a lot more clear. I had to order the final parts last night so they should be here by this weekend. Unfortunately my job keeps me away on the road monday through friday so I only have the weekends with the car! This week while I'm gone though I plan on building 2 boards, one for my car and one for testing in some one else's G coupe. If these tests go well I will have some boards made and start sending them out (at a reasonable price of course)

For anyone who cares how it works: It is all controlled by an 8 pin (6i/o) 5 vdc microcontroller (atmel tiny12) running at 1mhz. 5 connections will be made to the car - 12vdc constant, ground, 12vdc ignition, lock, and unlock. 12 volt constant and ground will go the a voltage regulator, the ignition signal will go the a transistorized input to the microcontroller, and the lock and unlock wires will also to to transistorized inputs/outputs on the board. I hope to get color coded wire to make everything nice and simple!

Sorry for such a long post.... I'll try to keep them short from now on!

Old 02-09-2004, 05:58 PM

KPierson-- Outstanding idea with the electronic lock/unlock toggle!!! Are all the sources to be tapped already available within the door (i.e. constant power, ...)?

Old 02-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Banned

Honestly, I'm not sure if the wires are there in the door. I know for a fact the doorlock/unlock wires with window control are there. But, I'm not 100% sure about the 12v constant and switched. I do know there is an ECU in the door and it should be possible to get both signals from there. I'll look into my repair manual thing and see if I can find anymore info.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:02 PM

i briefly looked into the door lock thing a few months ago and i think that aspect could be done from the BCM (body control module) which is near the driver's fuse box.

Hopefully, the window aspect could be connected in that area as well.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 02-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, here's a question... I would really like both of the doors on my coupe to lock/unlock at the same time. I would also like to be able to roll down the windows without holding the button down on the remote.

So would it be possible for this thing to:

1. When it gets an unlock signal to send two unlock signals so it will unlock both doors.
2. If it gets two unlock signals within 3 seconds to roll both windows all the way down.

What do you think? I know this is probably a lot, I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Dave

2004 DG/G 5AT Coupe with all options except Satellite Radio
2003 Yamaha YZF600R

Old 02-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Banned

The module I made already sends a double pulse out. The OEM security is setup so that the first pulse disarms the system and the second pulse unlocks all the doors. Kinda a standard Nissan thing..... I could look into the window down thing. It's definately feasable, but I would have to change my hardware design due to the fact that the unlock pin is strictly an output right now. I could throw in some code and make it an input also, and then modify the hardware to accept the changes... I guess that will give me something to think about this week while I should be working....

Old 02-10-2004, 05:36 PM

What ever happened to Blitz? I just started following this thread and ever since KPierson took over, Blitx disapeared. I'm not complaining, in fact I think it's great that two different people are working on the same idea. Just curious. I'm interested in getting this either way.

Old 02-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

... I would really like both of the doors on my coupe to lock/unlock at the same time.

<hr></blockquote>

Dave:

I'm not positive, but I think that can be programmed under BCM options by your dealer.

<font color=green>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=green>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?